The West Newspaper - help wanted.

DeletedUser1105

Why? It's a natural. There aren't many complete class/dueling/skill guides out there.

But there will be ;)

Speak to HeftySmurf, but if I put them in here I'd be stepping on his toes I think.

DeletedUser

But there will be ;)

Speak to HeftySmurf, but if I put them in here I'd be stepping on his toes I think.

well maybe hefty will just have to move faster now if he wants to get his up now wont he.

DeletedUser1105

I am looking for volunteers who wish to review various sites and tools (such as west stats and Duel Converter) for the newspaper.

If you are interested in this, and feel you can write a balanced and fair review please PM me and we can discuss it further.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

I would like to put out there that I will be soon starting on a tutorial / guide feature in Weststats. Not sure if that will affect any decisions, but it's one of my projects I am working on.

DeletedUser1105

I would like to put out there that I will be soon starting on a tutorial / guide feature in Weststats. Not sure if that will affect any decisions, but it's one of my projects I am working on.

I would definately speak to Heftysmurf (unless your both working on the same project), because it's pointless both of you putting in a lot of work to the same goal when you could work together.

DeletedUser

i think that would be great gem. all you need to do then is summarize it, including a couple important points, and then add a link to the whole guide, and then you got yourself an article!

DeletedUser529

I would like to volunteer for what ever position needs filling. I play TW WARS and have been a tribal newspaper editor, reporter many times and like to contribute. My english is good and I can devote alot of time to this project if needed. Let me know....:)

DeletedUser1105

Thanks for the interest Bat, we are definately looking for help!

I've replied to your PM :)

DeletedUser5046

Monkey...please update us on te following:

• people who volunteered for te newspaper
• how many more slots are there for te current events
• which part of te newspaper still need attention
• when is te deadline for submitting entries and other stuffs before te final review of te whole newspaper. :)

by tis many can find out more about what our newspaper need. and we can make more people involve in it..i know there are a lot of people in te forum tat wanted to help.

DeletedUser

Once I understand the parameters of this project, I will see if I can spare the time to provide some graphics (humor or otherwise) and feature (filler) articles, assuming you want it. I just want to be blunt on one thing -- i don't want to deal with b.s. internal politics. I'm in this community for the entertainment value (both of myself and others), not for social standing, prestige, or work, so if I contribute, it's because I want to, not because I'm obligated. If that's not an acceptable mindset for your project, just let me know.

DeletedUser1105

Hellstromm, you have nothing to worry about.

I don't expect people to feel obligated to do anything other than what they freely offer. I have some people who have agreed to contribute regularly i.e. every issue and those people, yes, I would probably expect them to keep that end of the bargain.

But I am also more than happy to accept 'guest' articles from people who just want to help out every now and again, as and when they are able or wish to.

So it's a perfectly acceptable mindset. All I would ask though is that you let me know what you plan to write about before doing it because I don't want you to waste time on an article thats either already being done by someone else or not really the kind of article we would print.

Thank you for your interest though, I appreciate it.