Roadmap 2011 Feedback

DeletedUser

I have the feeling that they have taken every bad idea in this forum, and only left the good ones out! implementation of this roadmap would make this game so complicated, that it would not only deter new players from joining and playing (and paying), but also chase present players from the game!
-poker: fine, something to do when waiting.. oh, wait, can we transfer money easier this way? definitely! (if it used game money) so mix of feelings..
-Health points and dying chances: work injury increase is welcome all the rest is bad
- new duel system: LOL incredible.. no idea what they have in mind but I like the present duel system just fine. if nothing else its simple enough to understand even by the newest of noobs!
-town stuff: just hope the workers will start making some actual xp on those darn buildings if they have to upkeep them!
-Higher Character Class Bonuses: warcraft?diablo2?loki?! I wasn't aware you wanted to turn this game into a browser copy of them.
-Newspaper: Thank the heavens! something totally positive!
-Crafting: warcraft?diablo2?loki? !!
- New Screendesign: Nice!
- Content (Balancing): This is probably the most important segment. I truly hope you succeed!
- Town Customisation: another unnecessary addition which would confuse new players further
- Randomized Items: warcraft?diablo2?loki? !!!
- New Map: NICE!
- Character Customization: NICE!

but that's just me;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I have the feeling that they have taken every bad idea in this forum, and only left the good ones out! implementation of this roadmap would make this game so complicated, that it would not only deter new players from joining and playing (and paying), but also chase present players from the game!
-poker: fine, something to do when waiting.. oh, wait, can we transfer money easier this way? definitely! (if it used game money) so mix of feelings..
-Health points and dying chances: work injury increase is welcome all the rest is bad
- new duel system: LOL incredible.. no idea what they have in mind but I like the present duel system just fine. if nothing else its simple enough to understand even by the newest of noobs!
-town stuff: just hope the workers will start making some actual xp on those darn buildings if they have to upkeep them!
-Higher Character Class Bonuses: warcraft?diablo2?loki?! I wasn't aware you wanted to turn this game into a browser copy of them.
-Newspaper: Thank the heavens! something totally positive!
-Crafting: warcraft?diablo2?loki? !!
- New Screendesign: Nice!
- Content (Balancing): This is probably the most important segment. I truly hope you succeed!
- Town Customisation: another unnecessary addition which would confuse new players further
- Randomized Items: warcraft?diablo2?loki? !!!
- New Map: NICE!
- Character Customization: NICE!

but that's just me;)
Well there are a lot of things you like in that list considering you say they only use bad ideas.

1. This Roadmap is not designed to tell us every single thing that will be added to the game throughout the year, no doubt there will be other features added.
2. Don't write it off before it's even been added or described in great detail. You have no idea how complicated it will be, nor have you been given adequate information to make an educated guess on what all these new features will be like.

DeletedUser

to be honest, you guys are making updates after the facebook has done with their game. strangely, i like some of the future updates, but the duel update i don't like. if you can, add more info, a picture how the duel will be, a tutorial, maybe i am wrong and maybe i will love the new system.

DeletedUser22685

to be honest, you guys are making updates after the facebook has done with their game.
That's because Inno made that as well.

the duel update i don't like. if you can, add more info, a picture how the duel will be, a tutorial, maybe i am wrong and maybe i will love the new system.
I'm sure that will all come closer to the release date, if there is one :)

DeletedUser

to be honest, you guys are making updates after the facebook has done with their game. strangely, i like some of the future updates, but the duel update i don't like. if you can, add more info, a picture how the duel will be, a tutorial, maybe i am wrong and maybe i will love the new system.

See now? Don´t whine/complain before actually testing it. You never know how it´ll be! Love it? Hate it? If you hate it, you can always start a thread 'bout it. Hopefully inno will listen. But I don´t know, as said in above posts, the duel system now is simple enough for newbs to understand how it works. There should be an option, when accidentally KOd when you attack someone, it reads in saloon duel not possible for 48 hrs. And there would be a side button to remove it and be able to duel again. This is only for guys when they have accideentally KOd themselves. That has haappened to me to me too. And if you´re KOd you cant be attacked, but if you press the button I told about you can be attacked again. But if you are attacked and KOd by someone else, the current rules still applies.

DeletedUser

accidentally KOd. this can be possible in 3 situations.
1. Duel NPC
2. Duel NPC for missions
3. KOd when working, and that is what happened to me, lost 900 Life points at robbing trains and i passed out.

Unfortunately, at points 2 and 3 you can't duel or be dueled for 48 hours as it is considered that you were KOd by a player.

DeletedUser22685

There should be an option, when accidentally KOd when you attack someone, it reads in saloon duel not possible for 48 hrs. And there would be a side button to remove it and be able to duel again. This is only for guys when they have accideentally KOd themselves. That has haappened to me to me too. And if you´re KOd you cant be attacked, but if you press the button I told about you can be attacked again. But if you are attacked and KOd by someone else, the current rules still applies.
Why on Earth would this ever be considered? The 48 hour KO is as much punishment for duelers who KO themselves as it is relief for non-duelers. You need to remember that the game is not totally about dueling, there are some peaceful players that prefer not to duel and giving extra advantages to dueling characters is not going to be looked upon favourably by such players. Just because you're a dueler on one world and would like to be unhindered in your exploits doesn't mean the game will change in a way that will essentially put offensive duelers in heaven.

DeletedUser29831

If the duellers complain too much, couldn't they be able to just attack other duellers after they got KO'ed? Then they could sort it out between themselves, and leave the rest of us alone. And yes, I really don't like duellers. :)

DeletedUser

I´m not complaining!! I just made an idea. If you don´t like it, so be it!! And I do attack other after KOd.

DeletedUser22685

I´m not complaining!! I just made an idea. If you don´t like it, so be it!! And I do attack other after KOd.
Take your idea to the I&B forum ;)

It is my educated guess that it will never pass a vote, let alone be implemented.

Diggo11

We're always listening ;)

FYI - a new screen design has been released onto the devblog. I've updated the link in the roadmap as appropriate.

With regards to the duelling and health changes, the text given to these was taken from the 2010 roadmap. Because of this some of the 'features', such as more damage from duels, may already be included and not further modified. Presently the point is just a general plan - I'm not quite sure exactly what stages they have in mind. Of course, as it is a communal concern, I will enquire...

to be honest, you guys are making updates after the facebook has done with their game.
As you can probably tell, WestWars was modelled from The West. It's the same core concept watered down a little and then modified for Facebook, so that it attracts a new 'social' audience instead of the traditional 'RPG' audience. Creating WestWars this way allows us to share new ideas, concepts and resources where possible for better development. However, our game is just more "intensive" than WestWars so the updates will take longer to produce, even if it is actually WestWars that is releasing "our" features first!

the duel update i don't like. if you can, add more info, a picture how the duel will be, a tutorial, maybe i am wrong and maybe i will love the new system.
Refer to "The Roadmap" for 2010 ;) Of course, these ideas have not yet been developed, are are merely conceptual. If you'd like to demonstrate how you'd like it done, by all means go ahead in the I&B forum.

But I don´t know, as said in above posts, the duel system now is simple enough for newbs to understand how it works.
When I first started playing The West, I distinctly recall being confused as hell. However, after reading the help files and a bit of experimenting, I started to get the hang of it. Eventually the game just became second nature, logging in and playing becoming as simple as any other daily activity. Remember confusion is the first step to learning.

Improving the duel system will undoubtedly make it more complex. However, that does not need to be a problem. Providing detailed help files to existing players, offering a walkthrough tutorial to new players and enabling some aspects of the system at 'staggered' levels can all help to alleviate this problem so all players can enjoy the system.

DeletedUser29831

Didn't mean you in particular, Darth. What I mean is that some of us would be happy to remove duelling alltogether. As it was previously stated, this is were another player can interfere with your gameplay without your consent. You could argue that you give your consent when you join the game, of course. But it is annoying when you are on a -hour ride to a fort, and then get knocked out 5 mins before arrival. For me, either removal of duelling alltogether, or that duellers only could attack other duellers, would be perfect. But as I said, I accept that other have other views. But the opposite, that you can be hit every time you poke your head out of the hotel, takes away all my interest in this game.
As for getting KO'ed ny NPC's, remove the ban for all I care. But if you get KO'ed when attacking other players, the ban should stay in my opinion. When my 48 hours are out, I prefer go duelling my enemies until I'm KO'ed anyway. :)

DeletedUser

remove dueling?? oh no it won´t happen!! Every onilne RPG game to date has SOME KIND of PvP. And why do players complin about remove duel ban? Where is that on te road map..? I don´t see it :huh:

Diggo, where do you say that?

DeletedUser28116

For the redesign, keep netbook limitations in screen size (height) in mind. If navigation becomes too difficult or impossible, as it is in some game, you'll lose players.

DeletedUser

Do not lift the 48hr ban. You need to realize that duelers are not the only class in this game.

DeletedUser

Yes, and it´s a cool down for duelers if they´re KOd to get new dueling gear and level up to get better witout being dueled and passed out again if they´re an easy target to get XP from.

DeletedUser

removing of dueling block is utterlly hidious and beyond any good sence

with dueling block removed, players will be forced to either be duelers, or to walk away from game, cuz scenarios like walking for hours to job location where duelers will pray constantly, getting yourself KOed, teleported back to town hours away, than walking back to job location, being KOed again..etcetc...only non dueling build that could live with this is probably charisma/tactics soldier who can defend and still being able to do quests and fort fights

it is not hard to imagine that anyone who is not defensive dueler will be pissed and quit game

workers will not be able to build cuz of same reason

removing dueling block not only hampers everyone else who is not dueler, but only benefits to small amount of people (mostly kids) who constantly attack other players and this will ruin questing and fort fighting experience for everyone else

most of people joined game (including me) cuz of RPG element and with removed dueling block, RPG element will be ruined beyond any repair

you will have game filled with 15 year old kids dueling others constantly, while old RPG folks will walk away from the game

DeletedUser563

Where was the idea of lifting the dueling block created and discussed. 95% of players is against it. this is how you do it : there is still a 48 hour ban but a player can lift it himself by dueling others. So duelers is not restricted and other players can go on with their tasks. im a good builder but a infinite build. The advantages would have to very good. And I assume the labor points increase with every level so at some level no builder will be able to build . Definite No to that . Again not a very well thought out idea. As to the others sounds good but I guess you will beta test it first so I will know how it works by the time it hits the main game. As to poker at this moment it is working however the following improvements is needed 1.time clock to time out players that do not act. 2. Indication when a player has to play. 3. Timed hands auto results is not good. 4. Show when all players is all in. 5. Show when both players saw the river.

DeletedUser22575

If the duellers complain too much, couldn't they be able to just attack other duellers after they got KO'ed? Then they could sort it out between themselves, and leave the rest of us alone. And yes, I really don't like duellers. :)

You got to be kidding me.

If they are going to be able to attack duelers after they got ko'd they are going to have to be able to attack everyone after they got kod to be fair..not just one class.

There should be an option, when accidentally KOd when you attack someone, it reads in saloon duel not possible for 48 hrs. And there would be a side button to remove it and be able to duel again. This is only for guys when they have accideentally KOd themselves. That has haappened to me to me too. And if you´re KOd you cant be attacked, but if you press the button I told about you can be attacked again. But if you are attacked and KOd by someone else, the current rules still applies.

yeah...umm...sure..i got ko'd accidental...trust me..

how do you attack someone and get ko'd accidently...thats called getting beat.

Last edited by a moderator: