Roadmap 2011 Feedback

DeletedUser

Poker - Love the idea , gives people other things to do , will increase activity.

New Duel System - Sounds interesting .. time will tell. but dueling is currently pretty basic. This system will make you think a bit more , not a bad thing.

Town Buildings - I actually really like this idea... it will encourage constant activity and may prevent worlds from going dead / losing members. Will also reward hard work.

Crafting - Sound interesting... can't be a bad thing.

Character Customization - Long Overdue :)

All in all sounds like there is a lot to look forard to. This game is constantly changing / improving. Good job

DeletedUser20104

2) The removal of the sector bonus for Golden Guns. I think they are, great weapons, I love mine, but the multiplying effect of having multiple Golden Guns in a sector is getting beyond a joke. Having attackers replicating a tower bonus due to multiple Golden Guns and hitting every shot for +400 hp (non duellers) is a bit daft. It is encouraging everyone to be an hp tank build, just to be able to survive more than a few rounds. Maybe the sector bonus was put in as the guns were designed to be a rare item, but, they are becoming increasingly common and fort fights are becoming less fun as less skill is needed as a result.

If not then it should be made like you get bonus from only one gun and the other have got no effect on you.That should still keep the golden gun worth and wont imbalance the battles.

DeletedUser

i think the damage lifted in dueling will see basically everyone bieng a resistance dueler ,so if your shooting for the better job options forget it,just so you spend nuggets to buy food /elixers?,i've really liked a lot of the additions that have been added in the couple of years ive played,think a lot of people have,made it more enjoyable and more of a social thing,but to basically end shooting dueling for the sake of a few bucks i think is a major flaw

DeletedUser

I like everything except removing the dueling block. The higher HP cost of dueling may or may not be good. It will encourage people to spend points in Health, which could be a good thing, cause I feel bad I KO someone after less than 1000 damage, but we are already seeing a excess of Fort Tanks, I'm not sure we need to see Dueling Tanks as well.

I'd also like to see more quests added after level 75

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

put jobs in different areas of the map? so instead of travelling 10 minutes from job to job you expect us to travel 4-8 hours between jobs next year? What are you thinking.

Why? Because the old west was backwards back then and didn't have planes and cars? Thats like saying in 2011 in the real world instead of using planes to go on holidays everyone will be made to use horsecarriages again....

Seriously what are you thinking.

Also I just about figured out what items I need after like 4 months. Now items will be random. Geez, talk about making things confusing.

lift the 48 hour ban? Sure the west had alot of bullies. I mean the poor bullies going after the non duellers day after day to boost their win ratio have to wait 2 days between killing the same nondueller. Course they will be complaining. Should the devs listen? There will be alot more complaining if the bullies get their way.

So to keep this criticism constructive I will say not all change is good. There are literally thousands of online games on the internet these days. I am currently playing the west.
If I wasn't happy with this game I'd simply chose another game. The changes will make the west go down a road I fear will make me stop playing.

Keep it simple guys.

Poker - good

Radical game changes making old players not recognise their favourite game anymore - not good

Edit: If you really want to make all these changes that will essentially be a completely different game, do so. Make a completely new game. The west is one of the few online games oriented at adults. I do realize that these changes are clearly oriented at kids who are never satisfied with any game and spend 22 hours a day on their computer and thus need as much diversity as they can get but it will come at a sad sacrifice. Your choice at the end of the day.

Keep a coffeeshop as a coffeeshop or turn it into a kiddies day care center. I hope the right choice is made

DeletedUser29831

If the 48 hour duel ban are lifted, I'm quitting. I'm playing this game for quests and fort fights, but I accept that duelling is a part of it. The 48 hours after I'm KO'ed give me time to do what is fun. If there is no duel ban, I see no point in playing it anymore.

Poker is great.

As for the rest, I guess I will adapt.

DeletedUser

I confess I don't understand why you are adding more for builders to do while at the same time making it virtually impossible to be a builder.

As a builder, when I was in a fort-fighting town, I was KO'd literally within 8-12 hours of the duelling ban being lifted. Every time. Like Tormented Requiem, I understand that duelling is part of the game and I accept that, but I wonder if you have considered the effect that removing the 48-hour protection will have on, for example, a levelling builder. Builders already tend to lag behind in levelling; Construction is a low-xp job, and a strength build keeps many good jobs (and quests) out of reach until later in the game. How much farther do you think they will lag if they spend all their time recovering from duels? Not to mention how much more difficult it will be to earn enough money for gear.

That's a problem that spirals out into the building of towns. As it is, most builders can get in more or less three hours a day of Construction at 100% (depending on timing and premium status). If the builder can't level, those hours are less effective, and with deterioration they will actually have more work to do. Other players already get tetchy about the amount of time it takes to build a town, and it's already difficult to find builders.

I get that 99% of browser games are on some level PvP games, and that you are trying to draw/keep players by making PvP more attractive. The thing is, duelling is the only part of the game whereby one person can affect another's gameplay without their consent. Sure, you can withdraw yourself from duelling by leaving a town, but you cannot build if you don't belong to a town.

DeletedUser26856

RE: deteriorating buildings - I've literally never seen a game where entropy was implemented in a way that made the game more fun. I don't think this will be the exception. I understand the idea is to give builders more to do, but if you're giving them more stuff to do that isn't actually fun stuff to do you're making the game worse for them, not better. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys can figure out a way to make re-building the same buildings you've already built be fun, but I doubt it.

DeletedUser

Lifting 48 hours dueling ban? What are you guys thinking? That duelers should be gangbanging everyone all the time? You should pay more attention not to mess up balance of the game, which is oretty much fine so far except for GG bonus and hp tanks.

DeletedUser

I am still trying to figure out how "Duels also cost more health points. Passing out will be weakened a bit" isn't an oxymoron.

So ...more health damage for dueling, but lowering KO chance? Huh? haha.

Nobody has talked much about lowering the energy needed to perform duels ...but that too really favors the resistence dueler as well who do things in quantity. This really creates even more of a problem when it comes to balance, even by "minimizing luck" in duels, really crushes builders, adventurers even more.

Now take away duel ban? wow. That's hideous

Builders: Your small luck to win a duel while being picked on is now minimized. You cannot escape for 2 days while you try to build your town and place your skill points in non-dueling areas. With less energy cost, you will now be dueled even more by the same people BUT! To make up for it, you can now keep up with your detiorating buildings and sit in town and build even more while being dueled constantly. That's an even trade-off right? ;)

DeletedUser

I think they should do something about having to wait when you, go to join another town in your alliance, why cant you just move straight to another alliance town without having to wait, this would help builders, as they dont have to wait to then help build in an alliance town

DeletedUser

Poker (1.31)
icon14.gif

Health points and dying chances
icon14.gif

New Duel System
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif
icon13.gif

Higher Character Class Bonuses
icon13.gif

New Screendesign
icon13.gif

New Map
icon14.gif

Character Customization
icon14.gif

Bad Billy Jack

Duel block will be lifted? What does that mean? No more protection for peaceful players for 48 hours?

You want them to quit?

DeletedUser

Poker (1.31)
Players can use their cash to participate in a game of poker at any time. (This can presently be tested on the Public Beta.)
Love it, about time! I already got my cards.

Health points and dying chances
Players hurt themselves more often and worse during work. Duels also cost more health points. Passing out will be weakened a bit. Energy will not be lowered as much, the duel block will be lifted.
I see this as yet another superior advantage of the soldier/Melee/Resistance Combo. The Dueling Block being lifted I have mixed Feelings about. I would like to be able to duel without waitng 48hrs when I accidentally K.O. Myself on a challenge. But I understand That a lot of people are relying on this "Protection" I think it would be best implemented if the protection only occurs when K.O.d from getting attacked.

New Duel System
The current system (attack zones, dodging) will be replaced by a new system. Each duel round has one attack and one movement action. The higher the dueling level, the more rounds are fought (3-12 rounds).
I like the Idea. Shall have to wait and see if the luck portion of dueling is truly minimized enough that an actual strategy and skill is more important.

Towns
Certain buildings will have unlimited construction levels, offering some (but minimal) advantages and something to do for builders. Constructing buildings above level three will consume resources. These high level buildings will deteriorate over time.
I love the idea, The builders should be able to perpetually build on towns to give them town points. Is that included?

Higher Character Class Bonuses
Character class bonuses will be improved. We are considering creating 'so many' bonuses per class and allowing them to select one upon reaching every tenth level. More diversity and balance will be created.
I love the idea. Although you can spec however you like the character bonuses are stuck. to be able to slowly pick your bonuses will allow more informed decisions rather than "choose at ten and be stuck forever"

Content (Balancing)
The levels and requirements for various elements of the game will be adjusted so the follow one progression curve
. I would like some clarification here. There are some huge imbalances with weapon level/use and other aspects. What exactly plans on being changed there? Does this also mean quests will be worth our time again? Personally at level 91 I have a bunch of quests that are of no real benefit to do.

Town Customisation
The town page will be redesigned. It will allow for free positioning of both existing and new buildings and miscellaneous items such as statues, trees, etc. The layout of the town may provide different advantages and disadvantages.
Character Customization
It will be possible to customise character appearances, ie avatars. Possibly done through the use of sliders to alter hair, scars, eyes, etc.
Both Very Good Ideas, I think this will allow more "Artistic" Players to have some fun with changing the ways their buildings are placed and better specializing towns.

Randomized Items
Existing items, new and unique items can be found or created with random bonuses. This will generate a far greater diversity of equipment.
I am Very Fond of this Idea. I really don't like there being a cut and dry "this is the best ____ set" I could see a lot of potential abuse happening if not very careful with the limitations of the bonuses and the availability of these "Unique items"

Over all I think this will be an exciting year, I can't wait to get word of these changes hitting beta. Some of these things should be implemented at 1 time in a new public world (maybe 2) in the same manner as the Full premium worlds did.

DeletedUser

Dueling block - very bad, make a dueler or quit.

Job location - very bad, doing jobs is tedious enough without having to walk to far corners of the earth to do them.

New screen design - cheesy, the current one is perfect.

DeletedUser9470

well this taking duelling peace away has huge benefits, and for a start its more realistic. for sure builders will not like being duelled! nothing new there!
this makes wars a lot more interesting.
this no 48 hours means i will always be able to defend our workers if i am responsive enough.
this makes the game more competitive.
i dont believe workers will be duelled more, nowadays there are enough workers, its not often you run out of non kod worker spots...
but then i might be the only one killing them?
XD

DeletedUser

neo i think the bigger picture is the introduction of elixers/food (costing nuggets as i hear) thats the whole point of higher damage and no 48 hr ko, i like all the ideas a lot,its great that there into adding things to the game,but the new duel idea and damage/no 48hrs is a extremely bad idea

DeletedUser

Tempted to post... Tempted... But I simply won't. On this forum messengers are being killed. So comments regarding the new roadmap I'll send to devs directly.

Happy westing.

DeletedUser15699

:donkey:Does anyone know the date of Roadmap 2011 coming in to action?
I'm pure fms and don't wanna reskill till I see the changes.