Zero Motivation Dueling

DeletedUser16628

4efred keep your chin up and I told you we have 4 towns with more dueling protection than anywhere else on planet 11.If you have issues let me know that's what I'm there for and if you need to shop again @ bulls let me know please

DeletedUser21320

4efred keep your chin up and I told you we have 4 towns with more dueling protection than anywhere else on planet 11.If you have issues let me know that's what I'm there for and if you need to shop again @ bulls let me know please

Thanks. I'll remember that.

It's not really an issue in the game right now. I'm more worried about the changes to come.

DeletedUser

4-eyed Fred I believe you are intentionally dodging my comments. Whatever you complain of I have countered.

The 200 dmg you received is because you are doing the job with little LP. I already said that LP can be increased to reduce any danger. I get hit by grizzly bears for 1hp with 80LP.

Re-read all I have said and then think of something new.

DeletedUser21320

You would rather play with people who schedule jobs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I hope you got my point. So far all of your posts lack any base to support them. If you are afraid of bears, don't go in the woods. Don't play The West since it obviously is not your type of game. This is a game where there are challenges that you do not want to face.

I didn't say that. Don't go putting words in my mouth. And there's no need to be rude.

Just because I enjoy making plans that take longer than 30 seconds to work doesn't mean I'm afraid of anything. I choose not to concentrate on dueling in this game. Just because you can't or won't do anything else besides duel doesn't mean to get to decide anything for the rest of us.

My point continues to be that this game *could* be something for both of us at the same time, but not if you can interfere with my play and I cannot affect yours. So I actually don't care what you (or anyone else) wants to do in the game, as long as we are all having fun, but I'm also not interested in having you tell me what I *have* to do either.

DeletedUser

I am not telling you what to do. It's a game and it can't be a win-win situation all the time. I duel as hell, but instead level up as a turtle, you get great experience and cash but it can always be stolen from you. It makes the game intriguing. Nothing is 100% sure. I played in W10 as an adventurer and never had any problems with duelers. If they chose to attack me it's their right. I play W11 as a soldier and whenever my townmates complain about being dueled, we the dueler/soldiers avenge them. It's as simple as that. Adventurers choose to make safe cash and loads of experience through doing jobs and they expect to some extent that there will be people in the town to defend them.

Dueling is what makes this game work. You can't just make it so people can't be dueled, so they can schedule jobs for eternity. There are other games which focus on developing your character, sending him to work, building his house and so on.

And finally as I said, if there was a penalty judged by motivation, then duelers should steal 100% of their victim's cash. It would even things out, but would severely harm most of the players. The system is fine as it is.

DeletedUser

No. I'm comparing damage from a job at level 18 with the damage I expect to do or take in a duel at level 18. Nothing more. Nothing less. I was merely refuting the assertion that jobs don't do damage. Over 90% damage from a single job seems moderately severe to me. And no dueler could possibly have done greater than 11% more damage than I took.

at level 18 let's say you take 150 damage per duel, 2 duels (30 min max) we already have 300 damage.

so nonstop duel isn't "free": it costs thousands of HP.
remember:

on jobs you have chances to get hurt
on duels you will get hurt 10x faster

DeletedUser21320

This thread is getting way off topic, and I'm bored with these non-responses to the OP. Can someone please either post a comment which is relevant to the OP or lock the thread? Thanks.

DeletedUser

About the Original Post, that by what I understood (I've read it all again) proposes to do something to stop all these 0MD advantages, I don't agree. Because:

-It isn't free at all, at some point you have to sleep because the number of duels is inversally proportional to your HP. More duels, less health.

-Why they get so many advantages? They chose to do that because they care more about money than Exp. If I care more for Exp, and then you tell me that 100MD are bad because they earn more Exp? But they don't earn more money, and they can still farm on people

DeletedUser

I can see where the OP is coming from, though I mostly disagree with him.
Zero-motivation duelling isn't a loophole, it's an intended game mechanic. Fast leveling vs more regular dueling, it's a balance people have to decide on with penalties on both sides.

However, I do agree that as the game stands, it's very difficult to successfully protect a town, even when you out-match the opponent. You can head over daily, and KO everyone out of the hotel, but you'll still miss some people, leaving them free to hit your builders.
I'd support a change to block a player from hitting a town they were KO'd by for longer. 4 days? Maybe even a week.
I think it would add depth to the game, personally.