WW2 squad command, DUNKIRK 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

tom sighed and carefully peered over the wall. he'd been wrong. they weren't panzer III's. they were all panzer IV's. he squatted back down behind the wall.

DeletedUser

The tanks, apparently the front of the German column when right on past without noticeing them, there were no infantry behind them yet. Jean stood up and looked around. "Hmmm, well that is inconvenient." "It would seem so sir." "Well, we have no choice. Retreat into the woods and advance undercover to Dunkirk! We can't be far." So the group pulled back into the woods and continued marching to DUnkirk, where they could now hear not just explosions but the chatter of automatic fire and the scream of Stukas.

DeletedUser

tom followed the frenchmen into the woods. suddenly he stumbled across something and nearly fell over. he curesed under his breath and looked down. it was the body of a german. grinning, he picked up the MP38 that was lying nearby and took a few extra mags from the dead body.

DeletedUser

Voices! The Frenchmen dragged the British soldier into the bushes when they heard the voices of men and the sound of footsteps. Finally they could see them. And for the first ime in a quite a while Jean smiled. They were British soldiers, and there were a few. Jean took out a whit handkerchief and approached the group who lowered their arms when they saw they were being approached by a Frenchmen. Their commander called out a hello, and the rest of the unit, apparently around a 100 men came over. Jean then indicated their injured British comrade...

DeletedUser

NAME: Hans Klein
SIDE: German
UNIT: 44th Division (Panzer IV crew)
PERSONAL WEAPON: (Commander) Walther P38, knife.
Names of Men: Koch (Gunner, same), Wagner (Loader, same), Schulz (Driver, same), Lehmann (Bow MG gunner/radio operator, same)

Having spotted allied troops fleeing into the woods, Klein ordered the Panzer IV along, and Koch fired the main gun into the woods, hoping to hit the retreating French and British. Wagner loaded another round, and Koch fired again, resulting in another explosion that sent trees falling and debris flying.

DeletedUser

Trees were flying everywhere as suddenly a huge explosion shook everyone up and sent trees flying. Jean and the rest of the French and their British commander managed to get into cover, the other set of British soldiers were not so lucky, several of them were killed by shrapnel and falling trees and their commander took a bullet through the brain. The Panzer meanwhile was working hard on starting the place on fire. Jean managed to gather up his troops, it was clear that none of them had anti-tank armanents, and no one was willing to kill a large tank with a grenade. Jean asked if the they had seen anything on the Brtish, once again there was a negative, appatently they were going to have to run after the Panzer ceased firing...

DeletedUser

Having spotted more allied troops, including at least a platoon of additional British, Koch continued pounding away at them with high explosive rounds provided by Wagner, while Lehmann opened up with the bow MG. With no fire being returned, they kept firing away, now with a spray of hot lead accompanying the explosions.

DeletedUser

"Sir! They continue to fire! If a shell lands in this hole we shall all die!" "Do you want to run out of this hole and get killed by a eight inch splinter Duval?" "No..." "Well then keep your head down and maybe they'll figure we're all dead, we certainly can't kill that tank can we?"

DeletedUser

tom hugged cover as the panzer IV destroyed the wood. he crawled over to the french commander and began to speak, "oi! you, frenchie, that tank can't fire at us forever! assuming that an average tank can hold twenty rounds, and at least ten of those are armour piercing, and if perhaps one or two rounds are smoke canisters, then it should only have around 8 or 9 HE rounds, and as soon as that panzer runs out of HE. then we'll have a chance to break cover and get out of this hellhole, but the MG'll still be active."

DeletedUser

"Alright then, we wait till the big gun ceases fire, then we run."

DeletedUser

after a few minutes the tanks stopped firing, "run! NOW!"
tom broke cover and ran towards a small brick lodge in the heart of the wood.

DeletedUser

"Break cover!" The Frenchmen closely followed the Brtish soldier as he advanced towards some sort of house in the woods that had not been blown up yet. They were soon joined by ten British survivors from the unit that the tank destroyed. As they ran Jean turned to Dugal who was trying his best to help Jean and Duval in moving the injured Demall who was clearly suffering the most out of all of them, "DO you think that they think we're dead?" "I wouldn't say that-" As if on cue the Panzer opened fire with its machinegun and cut down three of the British troopers...

DeletedUser

The Panzer crew was blasting away at where they assumed the allies to be, when suddenly, the machine gun fell silent. "Why have you stopped firing?", Klein yelled at Lehmann.
"The gun's jammed!", Lehmann replied, humbly.
"Well, fix it and get back to killing enemies!"
Lehmann had the machine gun fixed in a moment, and was soon back to mowing down allied troops.

DeletedUser26409

NAME: Horst Geier
SIDE: German
UNIT: 6th Panzer Division
PERSONAL WEAPON: Kar 98 sniper rifle, Walther P38, knife
NAMES OF YOUR MEN: Holt (MG34, knife), Kutschera (Kar 98, knife), Vetter (MP38, knife, 2 grenades), Schulze (MP38, knife), König (Kar 98, knife), Kessler (Kar 98, knife, 2 grenades), Augsberger (Kar 98, knife), Eberhardt (Kar 98, knife), Lindemann (Kar 98, knife), Riedel (Kar 98, knife, 2 grenades)

The halftracks engine roared protestingly as it appeared from behind the curve. A machine gun burst hit the engine and the halftrack rolled another 10 meters before coming to a halt.

"Damn it," Geier cursed, "Everyone, disembark! Holt, grab the machine gun! Over the sides, MOVE IT!" The men were out in 5 seconds.

"Alright, cover me! MOVE IT!" As the machine gun roared to life, Geier dashed ahead, to the nearest tank. He hit the armor several times with his rifle, carefully staying in cover, before a tank commander stuck his head out.

"How many of them in the forest?" shouted Geier, "We have to make short work of them because the Brits are gonna hit as with Matilda II's along this road."

DeletedUser

Reeaching the edge of the brick building Jean took in the situation. "My we seem to be in a very inconvenient situation..." "Sir look!" "Oh my." It was apparent that by now a half-track full of Germans had shown up. "Now we're in trouble they'll probably try chasing us." Dugal turned, look I see one of the British troopers is clinging to a radio!" "Tell that idiot to call for airsupport or somebody who can kill that tank!" "He's shellshocked!" "Shoot!" One of the British soldiers turned, "Sir, I believe that the only resources we have access to are Matilda I's they'll be able to take a pounding. But they don't dish it out, they only have an automatic gun. However the tanks are coming already" "What did he say Dugal?" "He said help is on the way."

DeletedUser

"Quit shooting my tank, you schweinhund!", Lehmann shouted from the depths of his lungs, at the German infantryman who had shown up beside him and was plinking at his tank with a Kar 98. "You'll scratch the paint!". He considered the man's statement about the British tanks. It contradicted the intel; he had been told that Matilda I's were in the area, but he was talking about Matilda II's. It didn't matter; the Panzer IV's were bigger, faster and had thicker armor and more powerful weapons than either the Matilda I's or II's. They would be ready for whatever the allies could throw at them.

DeletedUser26409

"Keep them pinned and we'll try to flank..." Geier fell silent for a split second: "Squad, of the road! MOVE IT!" About 10 Matilda II's appeared.
"Call in the Stukas!" Geier shouted, as the blast kicked him into the ditch. He looked behind him and saw the halftrack burning. "And now we have to walk all the way to Calais. Great," he said to himself as he moved towards his men.

DeletedUser

(even though you're a good RPer, yoggernaut, i should probably point out that the others are right, the tanks are much more likely to be MK1 matildas. so that's what we'll regard them as.)
tom saw a group of panzergrenadiers hiding behind the german tank. a group of matilda mk1 tanks had just appeared on the horizon and were making their way towards the germans. "those matildas don't stand a chance. who the hell gave them the order to attack?" tom said. "i say we keep going towards dunkirk, if we wait here, we might as well be cannon fodder."

DeletedUser26409

(OK, agreed. But if they're Matilda I's, they coluldn't have destroyed my halftrack as the Matilda I is only armed with a .303 or .50 caliber machine gun, that coudn't pierce its armor)

"Alright men, into the forest, you're on point, Schulze." The squad slowly advanced into the forest. Geier had a strange feeling that... He tripped on a root and at the exact same moment a bullet whizzed past his cheek. "SNIPER! Hit the dirt! MOVE IT!"

"Donnerwetter! Can anyone see that ?" Geier saw the next shot hitting Augsberger in the back. Probably the lungs, as he choked in his own blood only moments later. But Geier saw the muzzle flash. He started to take aim, but another bullet hit his helmet. Only a centimeter off target. He was almost knocked unconscious, but the bullet ricocheted off his helmet. "What dumb luck." he thought a few moments later as he shouted to Holt (who was about 15 meters away from him): "See that lone birch over there?" "I see it." "Hit it!" "But sir, it's..." The next shot hit Kutschera in the knee. "MOVE IT!" shouted Geier and as Kutscheras cries of agony filled the air, the machine gun roared to life.

DeletedUser

Schulz wheeled the tank around, and Wagner loaded an armor-piercing round into the tank's main gun. Lehmann saw the Matilda I tanks in the distance, and smiled with delight. There was nearly a company's worth of them, but his Panzer IV could take them all on alone. Koch fired a round at the tanks. The first missed above a Matilda's front turret, and the next punched a hole an another's front upper hull, disabling it. Another round lodged in a Matilda's rear hull, causing it to smoke. "This is too easy", thought Lehmann as two other Panzer IV's began picking of Matildas.

Status
Not open for further replies.