women's clothes for women?

DeletedUser

i was thinking ALL cloths in the tailor are tailored for men , yet we have women avatars now (thank you whoever brainfarted that one), so why not bring out women's clothes for the women avatars?:unsure:

the cloths dont have to be all slinky or frilly just a little but more trimmed and shaped for a woman

im not suggesting radical change of frilly dresses and lace undergarments just slight changes like a more shaped garments for a womans figure

i.e. the cowgirl in the image below, has a more curvaceous top on then the trapper man beside her
header_thewest.png

it could even be linked in with the lvl 10 choice quite easily

(techy bit)all the files at the gender choice could be switched to and from a woman cloths by simply putting a (W) sysmbol at the end of it i.e. greenshirt (w)

this would only really work in the tailor as the other stores are unisex :)

(also dont post things like clint-ets poncho :dry: )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wouldn't a female in that time period either be wearing a massive Victorian dress or men's clothing?

DeletedUser

A reasonable suggestion, but they would have to remake a lot of graphics.

DeletedUser

Oh I would so make a man soldier and dress him in frilly things.

DeletedUser

as i sergested dont go stupid with the idea but just edit existing images to be more womanly

i supose the fancy dress coat wouldnt work as such but u COULD repalce that witha fancy dress .... (leave off the coat)

slinky dress or a ballroom dress to keep the +13 reflex rather the whole hog kaylee style frills >
kayleefluffy_reference.jpg
..Too much foofaraw

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I like it. Why not. Let's have some womanly clothing.

DeletedUser

Oh I would so make a man soldier and dress him in frilly things.
They obviously would make it so that cross-dressing wouldn't be permissible. Either way.

I'm thinking that when new additions of items are chosen when a new level is reached, they'd also have to include the equivalent of the other gender's option for this.

"x" Top Hat (Male) + "x" Bonnet (Female) [Both same stats].
"y" Shirt (Male) + "y" Blouse (Female) [Both same stats].

etcetera.

DeletedUser

It's actually a real item and gives the penalties that she showed.

tuetue.png

DeletedUser

I quite like the idea, but I wouldn't want the Tailor getting even more cluttered by adding a female article for each male article, and you wouldn't want to get different male and female items. Maybe the Tailor could show just the male items, but if you have a female character the clothes would show in their female version once in your inventory.

Diggo11

Seems like alot of work; I like the idea but the developers are very lazy. This would probably have to be introduced over time.

DeletedUser

i supose illl go along with it but its purely cosmetic. i really cant see someone in a hoop skirt shoeing a horse or laying railorad tracks though

DeletedUser

I support these ideas, these female clothes could give +5 to cooking, and sewing, amongst other things :p

DeletedUser

I don't think female clothing should have different benefits - that really would change the game drastically because your opportunties would be different depending upon whether you were male or female. This might be historically accurate, but if that's what you're thinking about, you'd virtually have to have a whole separate set of jobs and quests for women.

DeletedUser8950

It's actually a real item and gives the penalties that she showed.

tuetue.png

How do you get it? High luck jobs:huh: it's probarbly helps get some hidden reward or something

And yeah it'd make things more believable and would like to see it implemented.

DeletedUser

I'm all for cosmetic improvements but not at the cost of, say, implementing a new feature / great idea to improve the mechanics of the game. It's a good idea, but not profound enough to take precedence over others: this should be one of those final "What can we add to the game now...?" type things.

DeletedUser

The clothes don't look any gender, and that's how it should stay imo