Why not shoot builders?!

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Shoot whoever you want, honour rules don't count for anything, although they may help you avoid backlash.

DeletedUser

Just imagine if everybody only targeted workers for one day. Who is going to retaliate when everyone has done it? I like it, I like it alot. Heck, I won't even put my builder to sleep at all that day. :D

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Just imagine if everybody only targeted workers for one day. Who is going to retaliate when everyone has done it? I like it, I like it alot. Heck, I won't even put my builder to sleep at all that day. :D

Me and the rest of my SWAT squad would :)

After we've finished with your workers of course.

DeletedUser

yeah lol thats cos you know she can look after herself .... you just want the free xp :laugh:

DeletedUser

Nope, I'll stand there nekkid. You all can beat me up as much as you want. :p

DeletedUser

ummmm .. but if you was nekkid they wouldn't be able to do anything but just stare :blink:

DeletedUser

I put Duel Workers Day up for June 30th on the event calendar (June 31 doesn't exist)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

Sweet! That's my birthday!
I'm sorry, I just HAD to say that! Besides, it's really next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i think dueling workers is a bad idea, unless they duel, if there just a simple worker most duelers duel them just to get a win or easy exp, i ust to do that untill the consiquences came, now im a really good dueler so i dont need to anymore, but still dueling a worker is not to smart

DeletedUser

I am a worker on three different worlds and I don't care if I get hit by somebody. The only time I care is if they continually attack me or if I lose a lot of money. The latter which would be my own fault. :)

DeletedUser

Same here, Texan.

I play a worker on two different worlds, and get dueled on both of them. I have a TON of health, so it's very rare that I get knocked out, and if I lose money - no big deal, I'll drill for oil for a couple hours and make it up.

I haven't been "farmed" yet but I suppose that would tick me off. Then again, I do have the choice of picking fights with bigger badder players and knocking myself out for 48 hours... ending the farming.

On June 30th I'll take my zero aim, zero appearance, zero dodging characters around and see how much damage I can deal out with my screwdriver :)

DeletedUser

In france we can see lot of 'builder' becoming fighter. So there is a begining of answer. Most people now think that adventurer and builder that have 15 level more in dueling than their géneral level (so level 15 duel) ARE fighter and can be fight exactly like other fighter.

DeletedUser

I don't even go that high. I only duel on one world anymore, but if someone is 5 or more dueling levels over their actual level, I consider them open game.

DeletedUser

I don't quite understand this to be honest. I started out as a builder and I know some builders are also mean vicious fighters.

It all depends on how you spend points, if you pump up pure strength + construction, then don't blame others when they come and duel you. I know one town's builder was dueled by a Miesta player, he went back, KO miesta player in retaliation, that mieta player then cried and Miesta declared war over the incident. That war is ongoing for several months now and the builder in question is still alive, kicking, doing quite well, building up towns, making money, and perhaps even dueling (I haven't spoken with him or that town's leadership about if he's still dueling)..

I have stayed in towns where they avoid dueling "workers" and towns that does not really care. During war, I KO at will, if not at war, I will try to rob people for their cash and/or lowering my motivation.

Dueling without KO, cash, exp, or motivation is kinda pointless really, it cost you energy and you gain exp from it, why waste it.

DeletedUser

It all depends on how you spend points, if you pump up pure strength + construction, then don't blame others when they come and duel you.
This applies to any "pure" class really - there is a trade-off between getting the better jobs earlier and being able to handle combat. If you aren't going to put your points into fighting skills then adjust your play style accordingly on the expectation you will be losing duels.

I don't even go that high. I only duel on one world anymore, but if someone is 5 or more dueling levels over their actual level, I consider them open game.
Not a bad rule of thumb this one. I have duelled workers a bit, although they are always those who will yield reasonable EXP so either have a high duelling level or are many character levels above my fighter. And as others have said, why carry a weapon if you don't know how to use it? If you are unarmed / tool-wielding then you will get duelled occasionally still but not as often (and some of those worker tools are vicious ;)).