Why isn't World 1 recommended instead of w12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 1693871

Not quite right. World 1 hasn't been recommended for a while. End of last week Colorado became the new recommended world, before that (from late January) it was world 12.

delldell56

Well, I have no idea how a world is picked for recommendation, but my guess is that w12 was in order to promote the event with the Chinese scoundrels. I am guessing as well that it didn't lift off when it started, as planned, because of a serious interference by the same people who tried to sabotage the scoundrels event on w6 a year ago. I have no idea who or why you were traitored, just hoping the person who did so had good reasons and didn't act on a whim. Personally, I am against traitoring players, any player, unless they are creating a climate of disturbance that interrupts the battle (not counting the one time when I traitored Elmyr, for which to date I am still paying for).

I believe you ignore many facts of w12 to have an informed opinion on what happens there or why things happen. I am not going to discuss boring politics, but I can tell you a few facts without much detail: The Bloody Path is, and has been since it was founded, the leading dueling town and has never been dethroned. APJ is currently the leading dueling alliance.

For two years w12 had two equally strong fort fighting alliances, that would go through up and down cycles, but tried to remain strong at all times so players could enjoy good battles. It was never about owning all forts or crushing the competition, at least for the people who historically led (and founded) those alliances. The goal was always to keep w12 as a fort fighting world where fort fighters could enjoy at least one good battle a day. No multis and, if possible, no flag rushes. For multiple battles a day, flag rushes, quick battles and miscellaneous, players had the other worlds. A lot of those hard core fort fighters have quit battles, deleted or migrated out since the world can no longer guarantee them a good fight, and is mostly about sour politics and a blaming game now. You also said "what if they don't want to fort fight", in that case they wouldn't keep using multis or sabotaging battles dug by two fort fighting alliances.

You see, multis ruin the fun for those who play the game for hard fought battles. Scarce attendance caused by multis ruins the fun for most players because it usually translates into unfull battles with poor scores. Flag rushes are fun once in a while, but get boring after 2 or 3 battles where all you do is set for the flag since round 1, and all relies on who has more HP or onliners. Unlike some who have posted here, I don't believe the problem with the struggling side is that HP is unbalanced. As it is now, one side could drop half the HP and the other could go pure HP and still lose more often than not. It's all about attitude, about leadership, about battle leadership and tactics other than multis and flag rushes. That cannot be corrected unless they stop blaming others for their own shortcomings, and decide to act on taking positive steps instead of keep licking imaginary wounds while blaming others, because it's easier to play victims.

Last, but not least, you say you've done a lot for w3, w6 and w9. When asked what you did for those worlds, you said that you were recruiting inactive players that were already there. Well, I appreciate that you encourage players to get more active, but I remind you that not all players like to play the game the same way you do. Some choose to be alone, some choose to be silent questers in some worlds. In my experience, getting people inviting me to their towns or alliances can be more annoying than anything. In my experience as well, a few players decided to invite new players to start on an old world from zero to fort fight. When you get 100 of the best fort fighters in The West join a dead world and work on their characters, you can claim to have done a lot.

Ripwise

Correction !!! The Bloody Path dominates dueling on W12. :no:

TBP as dell said has got undisputed 1st place still but that is based on old activity but numbers speak for themselves and i'll give them respect for still holding first place! I mean't APJ is main dueling alliance currently which is fast rising up trough dueling rank's!

DeletedUser22685

TUG, sending mass telegrams to every townless person you see hardly counts as an accomplishment. Not only would 75% of your telegrams have remained unopened, but I can guarantee another 75% of the ones who did join your town remained just as inactive as they were before they joined. And for the record, World 3 was the worst world before migration and World 6 was second worst, so you can't have helped too much.

I don't see how sending mass recruiting telegrams and recommending worlds are related in any way, so I'm not sure why you even mentioned it here unless you were just trying to fish for compliments or claim credit for something that no one else even noticed.

DeletedUser22493

Either we recommend 1 world, or we don't recommend any. Id say that later would be the best.
Just give new players a list of all the servers, when the server was started and how many players are on that server. Oh, guess what, all new players are gonna join Dakota.

No matter what way you turn it, it's gonna be good for one server and bad for the rest.

I still belive that having multiple servers is generally a bad thing. Would have been better with one big map.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still belive that having multiple servers is generally a bad thing. Would have been better with one big map.

Every single MMO that has ever existed and ever will exist has multiple worlds.

DeletedUser

hmm, ever tried one of best space MMORPG, EVE-Online. One world only (if you don't count test world which is really test world, not like beta here).

DeletedUser34315

hmm, ever tried one of best space MMORPG, EVE-Online. One world only (if you don't count test world which is really test world, not like beta here).

Eve is more of a persistent universe- and anyone can catch up relatively easily. On the older west worlds, it takes a massive amount of time and effort to get even close to number 1 on the rankings.

DeletedUser

LOL@Doc Paine

APJ Alliance most definately dominates world 12 dueling these days. Bloody Path is and has been washed up for at least a year now. Not much from that town these days. Town does have some monster stats, but that is from the past. Your like an old man remembering his glory days.

DeletedUser22493

Yeah, your right, I should have rephrased that. It's generally not a bad thing if its done because the old server is full, and you know you can fill the server you open.

It just hasn't worked out too well here. TheWest is more like a endgame-game, just without a endgame.

DeletedUser

Not entirely, I was sure someone would post an exception, but exceptions are rare.

HelenBack

Correction !!! The Bloody Path dominates dueling on W12. :no:

TBP may dominate dueling... But that's from old times. APJ is the top of the food chain at this point in time.

Oh and btw, TBP was stolen from the original founder after she had arranged the workers to build it, arranged to have peeps drop off cash to fund the building and kept everyone informed of what was happening. Oh and also arranged an alliance with one town to protect the workers while they were building. Ya... that was me. The kicker was... it was stolen from me by someone who had their own town stolen from them in another world. That person is the only ex-friend in the whole West that I will never, ever forgive.
:hmf:

Ripwise

TuG, check out how many battle's are dug on w12 for tommorow and then tell me if that alliance doesnt want battles :D

Apelatia

To be honest, I think the way the recommended system works is fine. Giving all the worlds a turn each is the fairest way I can think of.

Though I must admit, I haven't seen World 1 recommended for a long time!

DeletedUser15641

What I mean by my statement is, why recommend one world while you can multi recommend if the world really deserved such recommendation.

delldell56

i think you missed the point, tug. w12 was recommended and is still recommended because of a special event. as da twista replied to you, there should be some action soon with the chinese scoundrels. from what i understand, game mastered events will be conducted everywhere, one world at a time, so each world will be recommended when the time comes. not the same kind of events, i think.

Deleted User - 1693871

Dell, w12 hasn't been recommended for several days now ... Colorado is. ;)

DeletedUser8627

The world 12 GM event is currently on hold at this point. Until the nitty gritty bits have been sorted out, recommendation on worlds will change according to where the GM is currently running.

Just to highlight some of the reasoning behind world recommendations, previously these were done at random on the latest worlds to gain fair amounts of players in each of these worlds. The recommendation option works extremely well and brings in a couple of thousand new players into that world.

But now, worlds are set on the recommended world before the GM event hits that world so that players joining can get to a decent level before the Chinese land into that world. There is no point having a couple of hundred level 1 players joining fort battles. So you probably guessed it, Colorado will be the next world the Chinese go to once the event on w12 has been concluded. Well once it starts again in fact :p

Understand that world 1 is not the only world and pretty much of a dieing world like the other closed ones anyway. It seems that this world is more for the older players grouping up in this world rather than having mass amounts of new players coming in. World 1 is the worst world retaining new players out of all the other open worlds and this is one of the reasons why it's not recommended like we do with the others.

DeletedUser

The chinese aren't even doing anything in w12 anymore anyways. Tell em to get to work :p I'm bored of WFA and their multis.

Status
Not open for further replies.