Who has bought attribute & skill points?

DeletedUser30997

Purchasing job items is actually a huge advantage. Just imagine you have to find an item (and you have nowhere near the points to perform the job). This way you could finish entire quests in 1 minute instead of 2 months while you advance your level to be able to perform the job.

I never bought a nugget and never will. I don't need extra AP and SP to defeat big premium bullies, I just outsmart them with the targeting/dodging zones. Playing Battle Knight for 6 months really taught me a lot about those.

DeletedUser16008

Purchasing job items is actually a huge advantage. Just imagine you have to find an item (and you have nowhere near the points to perform the job). This way you could finish entire quests in 1 minute instead of 2 months while you advance your level to be able to perform the job.

I never bought a nugget and never will. I don't need extra AP and SP to defeat big premium bullies, I just outsmart them with the targeting/dodging zones. Playing Battle Knight for 6 months really taught me a lot about those.

You need the lp to do the job before you can buy the product. If its a quest required product you cant buy it in the market only on the job.

Dont buy extra points on any world although happy to use premium sparingly... have absolutely no interest in buying my way to anything... it would take all the challenge out of the game for me.

DeletedUser16628

I'll let you do that Jox.When the game gives you lemons some of you let them sit and did nothing with them that was your choice.Others made lemonade with our lemons, Yet we all had the same options here so when people cry about it well it makes me want to say something real mean and I'll refrain from doing so for now.I even drink the lemonade so whats the real issue here?

DeletedUser25480

the game should rely on skill and character choices not who can spend the most

DeletedUser16628

I have no problem either way it goes.But if given the option I'll do what is necessary to compete with those that buy said skills.

DeletedUser

As a newcomer to the game I have chosen premium options for my Arizona character. Having the nuggets definitely decreases the time taken to obtain those first few levels. With the classic premiums enabled and adventurer being my chosen class and doubling the already premium enhanced job rate it took only 4 hours of fort guarding before I had the flag!

Not only can you buy quest items (as long as you have sufficient labour points to do the job), but you can swap the range offered to you by the travelling salesman. This option might not sound like a big deal but before you found a town or join somebody elses it means you have a pretty much unlimited range of fancy items to buy at own town prices. This more than anything else helped me get a head start by allowing me to buy equipment with which to attain the required labour skills for a job. Similarly it's possible to get deliveries of bought goods rather than spend 20 hours travelling across the map to pick up that item on the market that looked tasty.

The 18 nugget energy refill has also been heavily abused and I have purchased quest items whilst performing other jobs just to gain XP and jump up levels rather than having to sleep or wait or travel out of my way on the map.

I spent a few nuggets on AP and SP, mainly because I had allocated badly for my questing character and I felt that the XP gains were worth the nuggets, it is not however a feature which I will use with any regularity as I'm not trying to buy the world I live in and the price escalation prevents anybody on a reasonable income being able to afford more than a dozen or so.

Of the non classic premiums the only real benefit to a seasoned player would be the energy refill, for instant item deliveries or for an adventurer the time halving option as someone more versed with the gameplay wouldn't allocate the AP and SP as badly as I had!

Lastly, for all those noble players that feel using money/nuggets to get ahead is cheating do bear in mind the costs of developing and running the worlds. Personally I have always been happy to support developers however they see fit to implement their premium features.

I would like to point out that I have also created characters on other worlds for which I have absolutely no plans to use any premium items, though on my Arizona character I will probably continue to use the classic premium options indefinitely both for the gaming advantage and to pay the devs for a job well done!

DeletedUser25480

i agree the devs need money but as said previously it is a very under-used feature and the few that use it simply "buy" their way to the top which is imo cheating.

DeletedUser

I quickly wound in my neck at the point where it started costing several dollars per SP/AP point. I have no desire to fund the development all by myself!

I purchased in total 1 Ap and 4 SP, with the costs for more currently at AP 108 nuggets and SP 90 nuggets.

Buying your way to the top would cost a ridiculous amount before you got anywhere near the top players, there is no substitute for time and experience!

DeletedUser25480

there is, people have bought up to 70AP and god knows how many SP, the devs have made a huge division in the game by making the players who have the biggest bank accounts being able to ignore the time and effort everyone else has to use to reach the best ranks.

DeletedUser

As a newcomer to the game I have chosen premium options for my Arizona character.
Me 2.

With the classic premiums enabled and adventurer being my chosen class and doubling the already premium enhanced job rate it took only 4 hours of fort guarding before I had the flag!
Taking that class was a mistake. Irreaparable.
Unlike you, I used nuggets to buy that flag that didn't want to drop after 40 hours of work.

you can swap the range offered to you by the travelling salesman. This option might not sound like a big deal...
It will be used rarely because the market was added to the game, unless devs add special items to the merchant.

it's possible to get deliveries of bought goods rather than spend 20 hours travelling across the map to pick up that item on the market that looked tasty.
There is also an instant delivery premium, I've used it a few times. Other times I used indian or mexican set and you're from one corner of the map at the opposite one in no time.

The 18 nugget energy refill has also been heavily abused and I have purchased quest items whilst performing other jobs just to gain XP and jump up levels rather than having to sleep or wait or travel out of my way on the map.
I've used that premium too a few times, mostly when got KOed on low level. As Elmyr already said ages ago when this premium was added, in worlds with energy refill XP (level cap) chase is turned into "who has the most money". Currently there is no reason to chase XP on w11-w14 since you'll be beaten by any hotel owner. Because of that, devs decided not to add this premium on new worlds. To me it's rediculous decision since I don't care for rankings. But probably the majority of players do, so, ok.

I spent a few nuggets on AP and SP, mainly because I had allocated badly for my questing character and I felt that the XP gains were worth the nuggets, it is not however a feature which I will use with any regularity as I'm not trying to buy the world I live in and the price escalation prevents anybody on a reasonable income being able to afford more than a dozen or so.
Unlike energy refill, I was against this feature and will always be. I cracked, went el loco, collected a few infractions and I'm proud of myself because of that.
You purchase the most valuable thing in the game - PERMANENTLY. There is no other premium that will give you a permanent advantage. And while every single player can reach you over time with items, level, build, cash, whatever else in this game, noone can beat the skills you bought because there is no option to get them any other way.
I'm pretty much sure that noone except a few wants this premium available. And like energy refill, devs decided you won't be seeing skillbuying premium in new worlds.

I would like to point out that I have also created characters on other worlds for which I have absolutely no plans to use any premium items, though on my Arizona character I will probably continue to use the classic premium options indefinitely both for the gaming advantage and to pay the devs for a job well done!
When you reach the level cap, you won't use at least 2 classic premiums any more, trust me. ;)

it is a very under-used feature and the few that use it simply "buy" their way to the top which is imo cheating.
It's not cheating nor will ever be. It's just a feature that anyone can use for their own goal. It's available to purchase, and why shouldn't you buy it if you can? You're doing nothing wrong. I've chosen not to buy any skill just because I can play without it. Some players can't, so what?
However, it's the biggest design failure that ever appeared in this game since it's alpha version. Unlike other design fails this one can't be fixed. On existing worlds that contain it. Am I the only one that will happily play w15 just because it won't have this evil premium?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Its a business & the devs get a salary same as most jobs, innos objective is to maximize profits first and foremost, period... As apparently point buying is so minor they wont be making much out of it...the majority of cash will be coming from all the other nugget buying features such as traveling, delivery, energy refill and product buying etc

There was no need to allow points to be purchased in the first place, just a quick money maker imo which was always going to result in a few going extreme, im not going to knock the players but its a mistake on Innos part in creating the option.

Its true that experience is what helps mostly but there is also a point it gets nullified. A perfect example would be a resistance dueler with an extraordinary amount of points, regardless of how much experience a player has there wouldn't be much to do about that. Man was never created equal its always been about the haves and have nots...allowing this in the game has saddened me more than anything as human nature is what it is, shame on Inno for making a relatively even playing field into the option of becoming totally unbalanced...

Should some of these high point buying players ever go pure hp for forts your looking at 20000 hp + cool huh ?

DeletedUser

I remembered a players profile saying that he won a lottery. And guess what he did with that money? Bought nuggets!! I think it was something around 100 skills max. dunno. Then later it read there that he wasn´t able to buy any more skills! :D
The skillbuying feature has a cap, and expensive too.

DeletedUser22685

This more than anything else helped me get a head start by allowing me to buy equipment with which to attain the required labour skills for a job.
I'm envious of you. That guy has a habit of sucking dry my nugget supply without giving me a single thing I want, yet he's so damn addictive!

DeletedUser

. Am I the only one that will happily play w15 just because it won't have this evil premium?

you are not alone there. im hoping for a non energy refill non skill buying world, and really if there are so many that want to buy skills, why not release one with limited premium and one with full premium?

DeletedUser30997

There should be created a world with NO PREMIUM at all. I doubt this will hurt the income of the devs, but it will make for a very interesting and balanced game.

DeletedUser

Ehh, we are getting off topic here. ;) This aint about worlds, it´s about, well, read the title. I´m a non premium player. And I dont think many have bought skill points. Maybe those who want to be in the top of a skill, like reflex for example. Or if you want to respec your skills you can buy the skills. But it can get expensive, as placate shaman is cheaper to use.

DeletedUser14006

I remembered a players profile saying that he won a lottery. And guess what he did with that money? Bought nuggets!! I think it was something around 100 skills max. dunno. Then later it read there that he wasn´t able to buy any more skills! :D
The skillbuying feature has a cap, and expensive too.

Diggo11 said:
Derek1982 said:
Can you confirm that there is a cap on the amount of AP/SP you can buy ingame using nuggets?

If so can you tell me what the cap is?

Thank you sir!
Hey Derek,

No, there isn't a cap I'm aware of. The cost just continues to rise by 54 / 18 nuggets per purchase.

Cheers,

Diggo

As you can see there is no cap on skillbuying ;)

DeletedUser26406

I've never used any premium at all and probably never will.
Just have some patience and what you paid to get will happen anyways (eventually).