What is your opinion on "abortion" ??

DeletedUser

First off "We the people" went out of business quite some time back. Your Congressman and Senator act as your elected representative to pass laws and TBH about it they could really care less what you or I think in most cases...unless ofc it happens to be an election year and you have your checkbook with you and are ready to write them a sizable check.

The rest of the time they are more concerned with political expediency and maintaining their position.

As far as the government paying for abortions with tax dollars if your going to try and debate it, then compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

An abortion is a legal medical procedure.

This is an illegal act... "would u want to be forced to pay for the murder of say your neighbor because your other nieghbor found them inconveinent ? the entire idea is absurd"

They don't compare.

the point is simple and the comparison is jsut as relivent to the people that see abortion as murder it would be the same as in my example to u

to u paying for your nieghbor to kill teh other is the same if they feel its murder then its no differnt

DeletedUser

I am a devout Catholic and I oppose abortion, there is a fabulously good reason that when a pregnant women is murdered, it is counted as 2 people being murdered instead of one. It is murder and that is taking one soul out of existence. If anyone here thinks that this planet is overpopulated, why don't you set an example? Leave this world and start the movement. Your mother gave birth to you, if she would have aborted you, you wouldn't be here to say that you like killing souls that haven't had a chance at life yet.

DeletedUser

I am a devout Catholic .... If anyone here thinks that this planet is overpopulated, why don't you set an example? Leave this world and start the movement.
Hehe, always fun to read hypocrisy. Claiming you're a devout Catholic, and then advocating suicide.

DeletedUser

Hehe, always fun to read hypocrisy. Claiming you're a devout Catholic, and then advocating suicide.

People don't necessarily have to commit suicide to leave this world/planet! We could find another planet, make it suitable for humans to live in, fly there and woohoo! Problem solved:D

Of course the chances of that happening in the present is a bit unlikely but we could always try!

DeletedUser8675

Save the trees and kill the children - that's basically what a lot of people are thinking now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be a hypocrite :)blink:) I am saying that people who believe that the world is overpopulated (which I am not one of) will never set an example to history. I do NOT promote suicide, or anything of the sort. I am just giving an example of something that has been said to people who believed that the Earth is flawed because of overpopulation. God made this Earth with enough resources and food to provide Mankind with enough food to survive perfectly fine. It is just human restrictions (and I am NOT a seditionist.) You seem like a pretty smart guy, so I thought that you would probably pick up what I was saying in my head when I wrote this. And if you're wondering what people who think that too many people on this planet is a problem, has to do with abortion, is that they promote abortion to wait and see the human race start to die off and then... Supposedly the world would be a better place in their psyched out philosophy. Once again, I am in no way advocating suicide, I am just saying that like me just about no one who preaches that Communistic crap is not willing to admit that they would wish that they themselves were never born so that this world (In their philosophy) would be better. Now I do NOT let anyone get away with accusing me of religious hipcrisy without setting them straight.:mad: Now if you have any further questions about my conservative and Catholic view don't accuse me of being hypocrite right away.

DeletedUser

I am just giving an example of something that has been said to people who believed that the Earth is flawed because of overpopulation. God made this Earth with enough resources and food to provide Mankind with enough food to survive perfectly fine.
Ah, I'm glad you clarified that, because you're so absolutely and incredibly wrong, there's really just not enough words in my vocabulary to express just how incredibly wrong you are. But thanks for playing.

And if you're wondering what people who think that too many people on this planet is a problem, has to do with abortion, is that they promote abortion to wait and see the human race start to die off and then... Supposedly the world would be a better place in their psyched out philosophy.
Ahh, okay, so you were posing a strawman argument because, of course, you can't actually argue the valid arguments presented. Thanks, for clarifying.

DeletedUser21656

I am a devout Catholic and I oppose abortion, there is a fabulously good reason that when a pregnant women is murdered, it is counted as 2 people being murdered instead of one. It is murder and that is taking one soul out of existence. If anyone here thinks that this planet is overpopulated, why don't you set an example? Leave this world and start the movement. Your mother gave birth to you, if she would have aborted you, you wouldn't be here to say that you like killing souls that haven't had a chance at life yet.

You have my support. Somebody is juz trying to have some "fun" (err... okay...) with you. Don't feed the trolls.

---------------------------------cut-------------------------------------------------
Juz imagine if you suddenly turn into a fetus now, and you mum decide to abort you. Wow, "good thing" eh :cool:

( I pro in some situations and anti in other situations. (as mention in earlier post) State now to prevent giving opportunity for trolling)

DeletedUser

You have my support. Somebody is juz trying to have some "fun" (err... okay...) with you. Don't feed the trolls.

---------------------------------cut-------------------------------------------------
Juz imagine if you suddenly turn into a fetus now, and you mum decide to abort you. Wow, "good thing" eh :cool:

( I pro in some situations and anti in other situations. (as mention in earlier post) State now to prevent giving opportunity for trolling)

Wow.... that was such a... such a...... worthless piece of dung.

Noone is trolling him, he advocated those in favour of abortion being a choice ought to kill themselves. Ofc he is going to get flak for that. Especially when he mentions it in the same paragraph as he says he's a devout catholic.

DeletedUser8675

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan

DeletedUser

"I've noticed that everyone who owns a wood stove isn't a piece of wood" -Myself

Your point being?

DeletedUser

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born." - Ronald Reagan
In 1967, as Governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed into law the Therapeutic Abortion Bill, a measure allowing abortion when it threatened the physical or mental health of the woman. Reagan agreed with, “the moral principle of self-defense” and argued that since +100,000 California women seek illegal abortions every year, he was obligated to make it safer by legalizing it.

DeletedUser

In 1967, as Governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed into law the Therapeutic Abortion Bill, a measure allowing abortion when it threatened the physical or mental health of the woman. Reagan agreed with, “the moral principle of self-defense” and argued that since +100,000 California women seek illegal abortions every year, he was obligated to make it safer by legalizing it.

and yet thats not the same things as conding it its simply understanding the need to do something about regulating it for safty reasons

DeletedUser8675

Hellstromm, I never said it shouldn't be legal IF a women needs to have it done for safety reasons. But, meaningless abortion is just that.. meaningless and killing innocent life.

DeletedUser

and yet thats not the same things as conding it its simply understanding the need to do something about regulating it for safty reasons

So, you're saying that "GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE" is acceptable in certain circumstances? What's your knee jerk reaction to that?

DeletedUser

Hellstromm, I never said it shouldn't be legal IF a women needs to have it done for safety reasons. But, meaningless abortion is just that.. meaningless and killing innocent life.
Hehe, and what do you deem meaningless?

Let's put it another way... do you have a doctorates degree in medicine? Do you have a doctorates degree in psychology? Are you qualified to determine what is meaningless?

DeletedUser

So, you're saying that "GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE" is acceptable in certain circumstances? What's your knee jerk reaction to that?

wow way to throw a strawman in there buddy

bah

action was taken to regulate abortions to prevent backroom procedures that were killing people its no differnt in this case tehn say regulating medical procedures

however that was a matter of regulating the process NOT the allowance of the use of said process which is he point of this discussion so try to stay on topic

DeletedUser

I am a health professional IRL and I have no problem with elective abortions for psychosocial grounds or medical reasons in fact in some cases it is the responsible decision to make what I do have a problem with and find difficult to think in reality how do we address this is the number of particularly younger, low socio-economic girls/women who are using terminations as a form of contraception this is a huge issue in health sector and really concerning on a moral/ethical side some women use abortions as contraception because their partner won't allow them to take any contraception and this too concerns me. Me and my colleagues do find the increased number of terminations nationally and internationally concerning but fundamentally believe that it should be accessible and available for women.