What is this

DeletedUser

Hightower had the original Creek, and from there everyone just kinda copied off him. :mad: No they are not families...

This sort of thing happens in every game. The top town/tribe/guild/whatever gets ripped off dozens of times until the name is no longer interesting. Why people are incapable of coming up with their own names I'll never know. :(

I mean seriously... Will we have a mass exodus of noobs naming their towns after Carebear Country in the near future? :eek:

...:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Naw carebear country will be crushed by outlaw creek before that happens :D

DeletedUser

Well for the books i believe nuke and any other member of Outlaw Creek. I sad this earlier that new owns will appear everywhere and it has happened. If i may say i am in great dispair because i do not have a town 5 minutes away from me to do nothing but attack and destroy like the Outlaws do. Also for those of you Role Playing your charcters i like the attitude but please not in my threads. I see this as spamming. If you want go make your own thread and chat there. Also if you don't have anything to say then read the thread and move on to the next. Thank you.

DeletedUser

I think we all should take the advice given by the fair preacher. He is a kind and justly man.

DeletedUser

Hightower had the original Creek
No he didn't ...

Calamity Creek was the first town to be built. ;)

And anyway, it's not as if there are masses of western-sounding town types. Creek, Ridge, Hollow... few others that don't spring to mind. But yeah, if you want your town to sound western, there's a limited number of options for the last bit, so I wouldn't exactly call people copycats unless they copied the unique part of the name. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Creek; a small stream

well i would imagine that there are many of this all over the place, so to suggest that it is copying a so-called "original" is ******ed. what next? using the suffix "city" for your towns is copying and therefore setting up family towns.....

made me laugh anyway.

DeletedUser

to follow one's own free will into the mutual dispute between rivals would be to benefit all parties envolved. Each, on their own, would gain an understanding of themselves and of others all the while allowing their opponents to gain the same knolage. You would, in effect, be knowing your neighbor and your self.

While I do not disagree with you that it comes sooner to list a glass of whiskey than a helping hand in these times, that tendency cannot be used to justify a neglect of moral obligation.

Following one's freewill into a gun battle may teach both parties the value of life. At least one of those parties will not be long for using it, however. I remain unconvinced that disputes with one's brothers is the best method for personal growth - in fact, the risk of ceasing growth entirely suggests to me that it is a particularly poor method to choose.

Also for those of you Role Playing your charcters i like the attitude but please not in my threads. I see this as spamming. If you want go make your own thread and chat there. Also if you don't have anything to say then read the thread and move on to the next. Thank you.

I, like all of you, play only the role given me by the Lord our God. I feel it my moral obligation to be the voice of reason and to speak for those without strength left to do so - regardless of the name on the signpost or the trail upon which I find myself.

I think we all should take the advice given by the fair preacher. He is a kind and justly man.

Thank you, gentle child. Souls like this make me question the immediate and aggressive posturing that was taken towards our brothers from TW.com. What have we to gain by persecuting them before we have even begun to know them?

DeletedUser

Creeks sustain life back in the days of settling the united states. It was more common to see "boom" towns along water fronts in order to drive mills among other things.

The "creek" name is not uncommon. Just let it go. what are you going to do name your town "(input unique part here) River" ?

DeletedUser

Creek; a small stream

well i would imagine that there are many of this all over the place, so to suggest that it is copying a so-called "original" is ******ed. what next? using the suffix "city" for your towns is copying and therefore setting up family towns.....

made me laugh anyway.

Agreed, naming of towns after local features or events was common in the old west.

Anyone is welcome to use the suffix, or any other.

DeletedUser

A word of advice to HighTower, and other members of that town. Use condoms if you don't want all of those unexpected families. Luckily, family feuds weren't all that uncommon anyway.

DeletedUser

Or just put the word "City" after the title...ie Dodge City Carson City and so on...