What happens when...

DeletedUser

Sure is that you lose all your money and wake up in your town's hotel.

If you don't have a town I am not sure in which town you wake up or whether you simply stay on the map.
I assume that you wake up in one of the first 4 nonplayer-towns.

Source: german version of The West

DeletedUser

How much health do you lose per duel, or is that simply based on the strength of the attacker?

DeletedUser

If the enemy does more damage than you have hitpoints, then you get knocked out. Which should be obvious.

Which can also happen during your daily work.

DeletedUser

How much health do you lose per duel, or is that simply based on the strength of the attacker?

Well, I tried to answer yours, but should have quoted correctly. Sorry for that.

I even notice now that my answer was not directly fitting to your question.

The damage you receive from your enemy depends on

1. the damage of his weapon
2. Your resistance to his kind of weapon (toughness for vigor weapons, reflex for shooting weapons)
3. the enemies skillpoints in vigor for vigor weapons or shooting for shooting weapons

Put all this in some unknown formula, probably add some "luck factor" and you get the damage you receive. ;-)

There is a section in the "TW help" which explains the duelling system in a very good way.

DeletedUser

One of the persons asked about the penalties for getting KO'd if they're not in a town. It's an unlikely occurence, since you can't be duelled. But you would lose the cash on hand, and wake up in a hotel, sleeping for 8 hours. Which would suck, because you have no bank, so all of your money would be on hand.

DeletedUser

good googley moogly, how'd I find this necrothread to drag from the basement.

DeletedUser

wen you pass out the following happen

.you wake up in your town
.you loese all energy
.you loese all helth
.you loese all unbanked money
.you cant duel or be dueled for 48 hours

DeletedUser

If you pass out on a job and you don't have a town, the report says "When you wake up you find yourself in a hotel room." Ignore that. You wake up at the job you were working when you passed out. As far as dueling goes, you can still duel NPCs for quests during the 48 hours.