What happened to ETC and 0E0?

DeletedUser

Yeh i no they have some of the best duelers in the land and still hold the record for most duel wins and KO's in any west server.

DeletedUser

My opinion is that most of members (not only ETC, but the whole world) lost bit of interest in fort fights cause fort still mean nothing... Yeah, ETC lost forts that were in front of their nose, which might cause low morale in their ranks, but when you look in overall, we are all fighting to be on top of the hill, while that hill means absolutely nothing... Yeah, there is some kind of prestige to own a fort, but whats the point of prestige when it benefits you in no way? I know we are all pride to own a fort, but this pride gets boring after some time... When shops arrive to game maybe this game will finally make sense...

DeletedUser

i was happy to witness ETC losong a fort tto SB, my town is litterally next door to a large fort, they even named it ETC suck after the battle LOL.
(how ive dreamt of taking that fort and cliaming it as my own, ever since it got there, that nice little round button...just sitting there...press me, go on...youll lose, but youll love it ;D waste your money, show them 5 people can take on 256, world 1 history)

my lttle thought there,

DeletedUser

i was happy to witness ETC losong a fort tto SB, my town is litterally next door to a large fort, they even named it ETC suck after the battle LOL.
(how ive dreamt of taking that fort and cliaming it as my own, ever since it got there, that nice little round button...just sitting there...press me, go on...youll lose, but youll love it ;D waste your money, show them 5 people can take on 256, world 1 history)

my lttle thought there,

W1? 5 versus 256? Is this tribalwars.net or something else?

My opinion is that most of members (not only ETC, but the whole world) lost bit of interest in fort fights cause fort still mean nothing... Yeah, ETC lost forts that were in front of their nose, which might cause low morale in their ranks, but when you look in overall, we are all fighting to be on top of the hill, while that hill means absolutely nothing... Yeah, there is some kind of prestige to own a fort, but whats the point of prestige when it benefits you in no way? I know we are all pride to own a fort, but this pride gets boring after some time... When shops arrive to game maybe this game will finally make sense...

Yeah, they are improving forts slowly. I wrote about lack of incentive to fight fort battles on either saloon or question forum section a few months ago. I still go to fort fights to gather data, getting a better idea how fort fight function and what factors influence experience gained to make my fort combat more worthwhile.

I think they nerfed the fort combat exp though. I used to hear friends who have gotten 1500 exp or so from fort fight, now, not as much. My best fort fight experience since the latest patch is about 1000-1100 range.

Own # of forts is mostly for prestige. I know TW took over some large forts and are now spending resource to build them up. Forts are a good time & resource sink for bored players though. Fort combat can also offer some change of pace from normal boring routine of doing jobs.

Fort shop should be implemented, but what's inside the fort may not be that "scarce" so to speak unless it's dreadfully expensive. The reason being

1. Fort can easily add/remove towns to allow that town's resident to shop at the fort shop temporarily.

2. People can join a town who own/control the said fort, shop, then leave.

Let's not forget about right now, tons of towns have free trade agreements, shopping agreements, what's stopping people from arranging fort shop trade agreements?

Unless there are a huge variety of items you can buy from forts, it's much easier to just form fort shop trade agreements than fight for forts and keep them. A very large non-repeating selection in various fort shops will offer some incentive to fight and keep forts, but then, again, people can just form fort shop trade agreements to skip fighting and enjoy the benefit.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree with you Blitz (and I hate to see you on other side cause I cant hit you on tower lol), giving trade agreements to other towns will get more defenders to that fort...

Attackers will again be in disadvantage, maybe attackers should get higher exp at the end of a battle, but only in case of victory... That could be good stimulation to bring more incertitude (yeah, I looked into dictionary :D) into this game

DeletedUser

Yeah, I agree with you Blitz (and I hate to see you on other side cause I cant hit you on tower lol), giving trade agreements to other towns will get more defenders to that fort...

Attackers will again be in disadvantage, maybe attackers should get higher exp at the end of a battle, but only in case of victory... That could be good stimulation to bring more incertitude (yeah, I looked into dictionary :D) into this game

Yeah, I'm building a triple purpose character, doing all jobs, fort fight, and duel, not sure if I can pull it off and the cost of re-spec has been dreadful (when I did the shaman today, it will still cost me about 30,000 to re-spec, and this is on top of god knows how much I spent on re-spec)

If you think my character is hard to hit, wait until I finish re-spec, hopefully it'll be even better (hard to say because as I improve, others can improve too so I might become worse relatively speaking). I think we crossed our swords in some fort combat before. By default, if TW has no treaty with either party of the fort combat, people are free to join whatever side they want and sometimes we have TW towns picking different sides and kill each other in fort combat, especially if people did not relay message in time to say which side we'll be on.

I recognize some good fort fighters after I've been fighting for a while. Steviefow and some others often compete with me on the top 5 most damage list.

I want more levels, more levels = more skill points = better fort fighter, if you spend all your skill points on fight fighting skills, stamina, dodge, hiding, aim, leadership)

Attackers should be at a disadvantage, but the disdvantage should not be so much that attackers can't overcome (such as prior to tower & wall bonus, it's almost impossible for attacker to win if defenders know what they are doing and have enough fighters inside the fort)

DeletedUser

i can't speak for 0E0, however we have seen a decline in fort battle excitement since when they first came out. i have a feeling that when players found they could be KO'd in fort battles they stopped coming to avoid getting KO'd, lol. when we first started, everyone loved fort battles, and poured into the fort to join the battle. now, no one really wants to help.
we've also suffered from changes in leadership, and poor leaders. as jdeazy correctly stated above, it was WTA who joined ETC in its infancy, but not long ago, WTA left the alliance, due to a leader who they disliked. it was until recently that this leader was impeached. since then, we have been struggling to repair the damage that was done to the alliance.

DeletedUser16628

We are guntopia and our allies help keep us strong we are the defenders of the underdog if you are in need we can help.we hold many forts ourselves and know the challenge involved with keeping them and may the empires fall in our wake.MODERN ONIONITE==RECRUITING W1=W6 PM ME INGAME

DeletedUser544

well said kman
and I will add, as another has already correctly pointed out, the forts are harder to attack now. and yes, ETC through its fast and vicious initial attacks, managed to turn a large number of towns and empires against us. which has made it very hard for us to retake any of the lost ground to SB (especially considering what kman said as well).

However, since those losses we have held strong against all recent attacks directed at ETC, and I am fully confident we will come out on top today against the 2 attacks we face as well.

DeletedUser

Empire is falling Because ppl are too lazy and or not dedicated, now ppl are jumping ship, As a member of said empire this is sad, but this really shows the lack of strength of character, maybe this is reason empire is falling, Oh and maybe that the South fork Geeks all use Skype during Battles "OMG"

DeletedUser

Empire is falling Because ppl are too lazy and or not dedicated, now ppl are jumping ship, As a member of said empire this is sad, but this really shows the lack of strength of character, maybe this is reason empire is falling, Oh and maybe that the South fork Geeks all use Skype during Battles "OMG"

I see nothing wrong in using Skype while battles, it helps a lot the coordinate the attack.

DeletedUser14006

Oh and maybe that the South fork Geeks all use Skype during Battles "OMG"

Until a fort battle chat function is implemented, what is so wrong with this?

If your useless empire had taken the initiative then maybe we would have not have taken your forts of ya :laugh:

DeletedUser

wow. i wish i was that smart. lol. using skype has to be the best idea i've ever heard. lemmy go implement that. thanks TW!

DeletedUser

Thanks, I was just wondering what happened to Empire and ETC although I thought Empire player's post was somewhat harsh. If towns don't participate, why not take actions against those towns who don't pull their weight. That's just my view, of course. If you don't take actions against towns who fail to pull their own weight, others may see that and as time goes on, less and less people will be willing to participate.

Fort battle is going to be bloody, especially if there are a large number of participants. We get plenty of "I died" during fort battle in our chat. It's just the way this game's designed. That's why I try to empty my energy before fort battle, perhaps even sleeping in nearby hotel to burn up my cash on hand. I expect to die in most of the fort battles I am in.

DeletedUser1072

not doing to well atm are you =)

REBELS CANYON IS YOUNG AND STRONG and we kick the stuffing out town 3 times our size because of shear will to win and we just keep coming baby. Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!Those towns got so large so fast that THEIR left hand had no idea what the right hand is doing LG w-6 that is still their problem they got pinned down by RSB and rendered useless and domination is a little like that but not near as bad ETC WELL NO COMMENT FOR NOW.OEO-Does not have much interest in attacking back @ all except a chosen few?just what I see from attacking them daily

for merceneries who paid for you to come & attack our town?
as you can tell this did no twork out!
i just want to know who it was & we will leave you alone!

DeletedUser

If you look at their 0E0 towns it looks like they joined ETC. It says they are part of the ETC alliance clear as day!

DeletedUser

which towns would these be? i don't see any 0E0 towns that say they are part of ETC. maybe im missing something, but.....

DeletedUser

which towns would these be? i don't see any 0E0 towns that say they are part of ETC. maybe im missing something, but.....
Excuse me I stand a little bit corrected. It doesn't say they are in the town but it does however say in most of their towns:

Allied Empire:

ETC Empire

The reason I said what I did is because I remember when I was still in ETC LG and 0E0 were having talks about merging. You remember that with Virginia?