What do YOU really believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But, is it not possible that there will always be people on earth? It kinda makes sense, that some would like to come back again and again and again.

DeletedUser

Given that I quoted where the Bible mentions the 144000 people, and you quoted another spot where that happens, how does THAT in and of itself demonstrate the depth of the Bible, as you say?

The point that you makes would seem to show its redundancy, not its depth.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

Do you think, intellectually, about what you type, or do you just "Praise the Bible" blindly and out of reflex?

Think about this, if you were to look at the Bible book of daniel and read chapter 4 and not think about it, you would just read about a tree being chopped down about King Nebuchadnezzar, but looking at it closely, you see it applies to something bigger than that, and I would go into further detail, but rather, look at the post I made about this in the closed thread, "Bible Prophecies"

But, is it not possible that there will always be people on earth? It kinda makes sense, that some would like to come back again and again and again.

Im not sure what you're saying, but I already said that most of mankind will be remain on Earth. And if you were asking about what if the 144,000 wanted to come back to Earth, they won't. They aren't just blindly chosen then when they die are all of a sudden in heaven wondering what happend, they are invited to have that privilege, and can choose to accept it or not.

The way they are invited is described in Romans 8:16

DeletedUser

Morality is not universal.

I've already stated that.

There may be some that most of us share, but by and large there are no universal rules.

soooo by your standards if i think im moraly justified in beating you to death with your own shoes because i dont like your beleifs then im perfectly ok lol

DeletedUser

soooo by your standards if i think im moraly justified in beating you to death with your own shoes because i dont like your beleifs then im perfectly ok lol

No, because that's not what he's talking about, or so I think.
Every society has their own morals, or opinions on what is justifiable. Just because you, and only you believe something is correct, doesn't mean you're allowed to do it.
JR has pointed out, most Westerners wouldn't eat dog, but in other parts of the World, there are many people who do.

I don't know many societies today that condone murder just because you believe something else.

DeletedUser

Wrong. Although that line of thought could branch into an interresting discussion.
Morality on the personal level and what not.

No, because that's not what he's talking about, or so I think.
Every society has their own morals, or opinions on what is justifiable. Just because you, and only you believe something is correct, doesn't mean you're allowed to do it.
JR has pointed out, most Westerners wouldn't eat dog, but in other parts of the World, there are many people who do.

I don't know many societies today that condone murder just because you believe something else.

10 points for xcentric. He nailed it.
Brings a smile to my face to see that some of you don't have to be spoonfed. :)

DeletedUser

Wrong. Although that line of thought could branch into an interresting discussion.
Morality on the personal level and what not.

10 points for xcentric. He nailed it.
Brings a smile to my face to see that some of you don't have to be spoonfed. :)

and a frown to mine that people have no sense of humor and dont regognize hilarious movie references lol

DeletedUser

It's very Biblical.

• Revelation 7:3-8 (ESV)
saying: "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees, until after we have sealed the servants of God on their foreheads." And I heard the number of the sealed, a hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:
12,000 from the tribe of Judah were sealed,
12,000 from the tribe of Reuben,
12,000 from the tribe of Gad,
12,000 from the tribe of Asher,
12,000 from the tribe of Naphtali,
12,000 from the tribe of Manasseh,
12,000 from the tribe of Simeon,
12,000 from the tribe of Levi,
12,000 from the tribe of Issachar,
12,000 from the tribe of Zebulun,
12,000 from the tribe of Joseph,
12,000 from the tribe of Benjamin were sealed.

Oh boy! I am from the tribe of Zebulun, and as far as I know there are not more than half-a-dozen of us around. That makes me a shoe-in.
I hope there are no righteous nitwits around after the rapture, or there will be trouble in paradise as I get biblical on their asses*.

*a small long-eared animal of the genus Equus

DeletedUser

It is not the literal tribes of Israel. Since the 12 tribes mentioned there do not match those at Numbers chapter 1. They are part of the Israel of God.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What I meant was, isn't it possible that the earth will always be like it is now? What if Judgement Day happens everyday, to humans individually? Meaning, when you are about to die, or have died and are being judged.

DeletedUser

Impossible, the Scriptures say it will be very clear when the Great Day of Jehovah arrives.

DeletedUser

Impossible, the Scriptures say it will be very clear when the Great Day of Jehovah arrives.
And, of course, you blindly believe what the scriptures say, despite there being absolutely no evidence, verifiable data, or even a modicum of logic to it. Mickey Mouse hat anyone?

DeletedUser8675

And, of course, you blindly believe what the scriptures say, despite there being absolutely no evidence, verifiable data, or even a modicum of logic to it. Mickey Mouse hat anyone?

But where is your proof that God does not exist.. We are all believing in what we hope is the truth. I strongly believe God is the one true God, and created the world. I am a Christian and proud of it. Sure I may have troubles and may not lead a perfect life but I am trying.

DeletedUser

But where is your proof that God does not exist.. We are all believing in what we hope is the truth. I strongly believe God is the one true God, and created the world. I am a Christian and proud of it. Sure I may have troubles and may not lead a perfect life but I am trying.

Elemtary: One can not prove a negative.
The burden of proof lies upon the one whom makes the claim, IE "god exists".

DeletedUser

And there we go again with "Prove That,Prove This" debating...Can't people here talk normally without questioning others and pointing out their opinions?Can people be a little more tolerant?Geeze...

Anyway,to get back the topic..What do people believe?What do we really believe?What do I really believe?We are going back on the same topic all over again.
Everyone has a different believing.Some are from the religions that exist,some are not.I believe that God,or who ever is up there,is not a man,woman,black,white,big small,a person.I believe that It Is a soul,just like all of us,but with the highest level of consciousness.Hell or Heaven?For me that doesnt exist.If you have commited sins you go to hell and burn for all eternity..I really don't believe in that.It comes down to what really we believe.I believe for one,that we are not the only species in the Universe,like the "scientists"are saying.I believe that we all know that. So,what We believe is just a matter of a different thinking on life.And so,like a latin saying says,How many people,that many Gods,and religions.

So many....but only one that unites all of them.One that we will yet discover..Yet I hope that we will..If we want to look.;)
"People hear but dont listen.People look but they do not see.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Prove the tooth fairy exists. Prove leprechauns exist. Prove the spaghetti monster exists.

Now try to disprove any of those.

Do you now see the fallacy of your request?

You have opted to believe something without proof, without evidence, without even an iota of supporting data. In anyone book, that would be deemed a delusion.

As to the question of what do I believe? I don't.

DeletedUser

Prove the tooth fairy exists. Prove leprechauns exist. Prove the spaghetti monster exists.

Now try to disprove any of those.

Do you now see the fallacy of your request?

You have opted to believe something without proof, without evidence, without even an iota of supporting data. In anyone book, that would be deemed a delusion.

As to the question of what do I believe? I don't.

Hello Hellstromm!:) How's it goin'?:)

Now,there are many other things that you cant prove,but they do exist.
I didnt believe in anything,I was an atheist,as you.Because I searched for evidence of the existance of this something called God..And I didnt found any.You ask why I didnt believe?
Well,my father died in a car accident.I prayed that he would stay alive.But no..he didnt.
That's when I cursed everything,denieing that God exists.Because I though that He would help.That he would spare my dad.But no he didn't-So I lived in this,you can call it hatred towards someone who would say that "He"exists..Did He hate me so much,and because of that let people that I love die????
I was desperate..I didn't know what to do,or where to go.Throughout the years,and experience,I realized,that Its alot easier to believe in something. To have hope,instead of being keept in the "real life"all the time.Drawned into worries,everyday chaos...
But that's not the only reason I started believing.In the war here,in Bosnia,>(where I was born)it was chaos.I was at a gunpoint alot of times,because of a "religion"or whatever..I was going to work every morning,when bombs were falling...Do you think that only courage and gut can do that?I believe not...I believed,even If I never saw His "working",I knew that I would be alright.And here I am.
The final reason,why I believe is that I found out the Truth,about God,and all.That what I know,would be denied for all eternety by the knowing religions.But when you know the truth,It's a little more easy.
So,its now quite stupid to ask,"Where's your proof that God exists?".There is no.There are just the every day miracles,that we see.People surviving the most horrible tragedies..Yes,some die,some live.That's the way they wanted.When they first came here.
Why do they say,"God Exists In All Of Us"? For two reasons.

One,is that we are the God.Not a fragment.We have the power,to create,to live,to give life,to be what we are.We are more valuable that we'll ever know.
And the second,is that we believe.It gives you the will to carry on in life,facing many obstacles.If you have faith in something,even if you can't prove it,you're more stronger.You then have a sparcle in your eye,facing the future,facing new "life's obsticales"without falling.
---------
That's my opinion.Now,do you all,still think,that is usefull to ask if God exists?
Feel free to do so........

DeletedUser

No, I find it an excersize in futility to ask if god exist.
I don't ponder the existence of elf, orcs, or tooth fairies.
Why should I wwaste time pondering the existence of the collective delusion that is god?

You did get one thing right though, when you KNOW you know the truth, then things are easy. You don't look for answers, and why should you?
You already know the truth, and that's the whole problem with belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.