Weirdness at the Wizard College

• Thread starter DeletedUser14280
  • Start date

DeletedUser14280

"Taming Your Gryphon..."
Wist checked the list on the inside cover.
"...I thought so. George borrowed this while he was trying to get me to behave, some three weeks ago."
He put it back and moved to the next shelf.

Deleted User - 819397

I chuckle quietly when I hear Wist's comment. "hmm...beginning spells for the magically challenged...nope."

DeletedUser14280

[Does it count as spam if what we're doing is completely within the storyline?]
Wist picked out a book.
"Hmm...I think this is it!"

"...Wait, no. It's the right book, but wrong edition. Regal, do you want it?"

DeletedUser

"Disputatio medica inauguralis, de merocele vel hernia crurali.....ooh, I wonder who put that in here? It's not even a magical text! Whoever it was, they had an interesting variance of books...." Rowan chuckled, reveling in the joy of being in such close proximity to so many ancient tomes. She peered over the small print, shaking her head. The author had gone on to become a very respected surgeon and was known to have been far ahead of his times, advocating for sterile hospitals, sterile equipment, proper nutrition for the poor and performed a sucessful Caesarean section in which the mother and child survived after having only read about the procedure in a book.

{The title is: An inaugural medical dissertation concerning merocele or femoral hernia and is an actual thesis paper that was written by a student at the University of Edinburgh in 1812. I have the entire transcript in Latin and English. Yes, I am a nerd.}

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14280

"Hey Rowan, are you helping us look for the book?" Wist asked.
"We've managed to find an old edition of it so far..."

DeletedUser

"How old? Is there a specific edition we're supposed to be looking for? Any unusual features?" Rowan inquired, nudging the other book away into it's shelf again.

DeletedUser14280

"I think we're looking for the newest edition."
Wist thought about it a bit.
"I think it has a glass ruby set into the cover. None of the other editions have a glass ruby."

DeletedUser

"Glass ruby, newest edition....I'll remember that!" the Irish wolf nodded affirmatively.

"I take it there hasn't been much luck so far..."

DeletedUser14280

"I didn't accidently target an older edition by mistake, did I?" Wist wondered aloud.

DeletedUser

"It couldn't hurt to check." offered Rowan with a slight shrug. She honestly wished there were other ways for her to be of assistance.....it didn't matter whether she got the book, really. If someone else had a more urgent need for it, let them find it.

DeletedUser14280

"Alright, I'll try the divination again."

Another divination later...

"Oh, shoot!"

DeletedUser

"Wist! Are you all right?! What happened?!"

Rowan clapped both paws to her muzzle to keep herself from shrieking like a frightened little pup.

DeletedUser14280

"No, don't worry, things are fine." Wist said.
"But...we've been looking in the wrong place."

"To make matters worse, I can't find the book.
Whoever has it has shielded it from divinations for some reason.
The most I can tell is that it's somewhere in the basement floors."

DeletedUser

"Then it's off to the basements. I know a few shortcuts that will make the trip faster, though I hope no one boarded up the one in the abandoned classroom."

She paused.

"Of course, what ever you decide, I'm behind you every step."

DeletedUser14280

"I think we should split up into pairs and look for the book in 2 teams.
I've been practising a communication spell, so we'll still be able to talk."

"Who are you going with?"

DeletedUser

"I'm not certain, actually. Whoever might benefit the most....you were the first of us to look for this book. Therefore, I think you should decide, after everyone else voices their views on the matter."

Rowan tapped a paw on the stone floor softly, falling silent once more.

DeletedUser14280

"Right. What does everyone else have to say? You've been a bit quiet."

Deleted User - 819397

"I'm thinking that since your first divination was off, this one's likely to be as well, but seeing as I've got nothing better, I'm coming..."

DeletedUser13682

Pink had no luck finding the book. He met back with everyone else, and agreed with the plan. "That is a good idea. We will divide and conquer, in a brilliant pincer movement, with support to the left flank! We will do what our forefathers never could do! Hold Europe for more than 10 years!" Pink coughed, remembering that this wasn't a war. "Excuse me. Well, I want to take Rowan with me. I think we could help each other out the most."

DeletedUser14280

"Then I'll go with Nick and Regal."
Wist bounced out of the library door and down the stairs.