Vote to kick (adventurers)

DeletedUser36011

Unfortunately, the adventure chat doesnt have the report buttons, let alone the ignore tabs that normal game chat does. As such, it is harder to separate and still play the adventures.

Give us these options, and perhaps those folks who are being abusive can be properly reported/ignored.

Another thing to consider in the adventure chats is an increased amount of time before it starts to discuss strategy (similar to the 5 minute lead in time given at fort fights, but wholly unneeded there). The 2 minutes we have when dealing with folks unfamiliar with the adventures, or simply unknown to each other, isnt enough for this.

2 minutes may not be enough now, but when people are pretty familiar, it will be way too long and people will be calling for it to be reduced again

DeletedUser20688

This is not a good idea. Sounds more like a move to make adventurer cliques - vote out the people you don't like. Too easily abused in that capacity.

This is a new feature. It takes time for people to learn new things. That includes the understanding that the game is time-sensitive. I wish you could make people read the instructions and helpful posts on the forums though. So a huge measure of patience is required from those that have already logged 200+ games thus far.

If anything, those players need to step up and be leaders at this point: show patience, kindness and understanding - mentorship. I realize that this may be a tall order for some people here that just seem to relish humiliating others.

DeletedUser30224

You should see me today making a mistake that cost us the victory. My team was pissed at me to say the least. With this in effect, I'm quite sure they would eject me before I could say anything. In the end I would not even complain, but this gives you an idea of how thin the line is between intent and mistake. You have limited time to set your actions, half of the counter your actions are locked...which annoys the crap out of me of course.
A side note - as with anything played in real-time, you attention for the whole duration of the game-activity can easily be interrupted (phone call, wife/girlfriend nagging, someone calls on the door or other reasons).

MFRavenhawk

This is not a good idea. Sounds more like a move to make adventurer cliques - vote out the people you don't like. Too easily abused in that capacity.

This is a new feature. It takes time for people to learn new things. That includes the understanding that the game is time-sensitive. I wish you could make people read the instructions and helpful posts on the forums though. So a huge measure of patience is required from those that have already logged 200+ games thus far.

If anything, those players need to step up and be leaders at this point: show patience, kindness and understanding - mentorship. I realize that this may be a tall order for some people here that just seem to relish humiliating others.

Actually, if you find yourself with folks who have already proven incompetent, uncooperative and abusive, you already have two options......either click to leave the adventure (and suffer a 3 minute wait before you can sign up for one again) or shut off chat, ignoring them completely and do your best to get a decent score for veteran points.

Removing the chat from the screen is an effective measure for me....but at the same time, I know some folks could use the guidance if I havent seen them on my side (or at all) before, and shouldnt have to suffer with the negativity coming from the abusive clowns.

DeletedUser20688

That's true. I think a sound report abuse function would suffice for that. The only issue there is the mods have enough on their plates. I have no idea if Adventures and the chats are logged either. If they are, that's a ton of data to have to pour through.

However, if this "disapproval" thing was recorded along with Adventure stats, I could see at as a red flag for mods to say "Hey this guy has 25 disapproval marks in two days." Still something like that can be abused - ordering people to gang up and mash the button. Hell, that happens on this forum with the neg reps.

DeletedUser22685

That's true. I think a sound report abuse function would suffice for that. The only issue there is the mods have enough on their plates. I have no idea if Adventures and the chats are logged either. If they are, that's a ton of data to have to pour through.

That's not an issue. It's either an oversight or a bug that there's no report button in adventure chat. Affronts here would work the same way as they do in regular chat, which is by no means too much work to handle. Even if it were, it's completely necessary.

DeletedUser

Actually, if you find yourself with folks who have already proven incompetent, uncooperative and abusive, you already have two options......either click to leave the adventure (and suffer a 3 minute wait before you can sign up for one again) or shut off chat, ignoring them completely and do your best to get a decent score for veteran points.

It is only after the leaving for the first time, that the wait penalty is 2 minutes. It keeps on increasing every time you leave before a match starts. If you have left 2 times, your wait time is 15 minutes. I'm guessing it goes on to 1hr, 2hr...

I would gladly leave the match upon seeing the troublemakers in my team if the penalty were even 5 minutes, and not if I don't like the guns or if I feel the teams aren't balanced because that can be overcome, but when the penalty is hours, you just do what you can and accept that you have wasted 20 minutes of your day.

You are penalized if you leave a game before it starts. Surprisingly, there is absolutely NO PENALTY if you wait few seconds and leave just after it starts and leave your team mates hanging.

Deleted User - 3853873

I am almost positive that some people are abusing this game in a way that really ticks me off and would liked fixed in the future lol.Some peeps enter the game then just rage quit or dc,yes some really dc but i think others are just not playing knowing the other 4 people are going to try and they get there victory points not doing anything.seen this a lot lately,enter rage quit get your points for not doing anything ,needs fixed asap.kiif a person rage quits they shouldnt get any points and have to wait least half a hour or 20 minutes to reque imo.

DeletedUser

I should be easy enough to count the number of rounds online like they do in a fort fight ( shows in the report ) and adjust the Veteran Points received based on the number of rounds online vs. total rounds in the completed adventure. With some allowance for connection problems, say if you are on line for at least 2/3 of the battle you get 100% points.

Would help with those who leave after 1 or two rounds anyway, as they would receive a small percentage of the points they are getting now.

DeletedUser

The same can be done with activity too because some people are online the whole time but afk and the game kicks them for inactivity but they are still there standing idly doing nothing the whole time.

DeletedUser20688

I should be easy enough to count the number of rounds online like they do in a fort fight ( shows in the report ) and adjust the Veteran Points received based on the number of rounds online vs. total rounds in the completed adventure. With some allowance for connection problems, say if you are on line for at least 2/3 of the battle you get 100% points.

Would help with those who leave after 1 or two rounds anyway, as they would receive a small percentage of the points they are getting now.

This is a great idea. You should write this up.

DeletedUser22685

Mentioning it in the feedback thread should suffice; any suggestions regarding the improvement of adventures based on this trial period will be taken from there.

DeletedUser

I already mentioned the above idea 2-3 times on different days in that thread. :D

Deleted User - 3853873

I d vote for anything that may stop it from happening,like the idea if working like a ff for reward being dependent on how long your online and active.

DeletedUser

Mentioning it in the feedback thread should suffice; any suggestions regarding the improvement of adventures based on this trial period will be taken from there.

Make a thread about your idea and see if it goes for vote.

Futu said that mentioning it there is enough and I've been told there that the thread is being read by devs/mods and other involved people, so I'm going to leave it at that for now. :)

DeletedUser

I have yet to play the Adventures part of the game, but I have read many times of people getting abuse from others simply because they were new to it and had NO idea what they were DOING. Those people who were GIVING the abuse seem to have quickly forgotten that THEY were newbies not too long ago.
I will be trying it out at some point and I will communicate as much as possible with team-mates to get as much advice from them as possible, but I will NOT be tolerating ANY kind of abuse just because I am learning and they are a 'dab-hand' at it.
I have a crap computer and a slow internet connection and when I try to connect to Fort Battles, I sometimes CAN'T connect and I am forced to reset my entire COMPUTER to get it to work. This is NOT my fault as I cannot afford a better computer.
The reason I'm saying all this is because if this initial proposal WERE to be implemented, I would be kicked out through no fault of my own. If my computer plays ball and I am able to play through successfully with no hitches, excellent. If it DOES screw up, I do not want someone threatening to have me kicked OUT of the Adventures game because they feel I am 'helping a friend'.
That's my two-bits. Now I'll bow out. :)

Deleted User - 3853873

John you would not be kicked out,if 1 you enter and say hey guys I am new.I would bet people would be more than helpful to teach you.The ones being abused are the ones saying nothing or asking for help.
No one wants to kick people,that puts your team down a player and hurts your chance to win.The kick player option is for people that are being complete jerks on purpose,if they ever did have that option.Would be simple to have to have the whole team say yes otherwise your not kicked.If someone says hey I am new I wouldnt vote to kick,unless you give them advise on how to play and they cuss at you,and yes this happens.
I have played a lot of these and any new people that are whining they got abused is cause they didnt ask for help and I guess they figured they already new how to play and just wandered around the screen the whole game,and if anyone offered helped they got mad.
Trust me thier is a lot of good people in the game that would help you,just ask and dont go in cocky like you know it all and you will have a fun time.Its a very simple game to learn, I bet by the second game you will have it down pat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks WJ :) It may still be some time before I try this out, but I will take your advice to heart. Bit wary of trying ANYTHING at the moment as have had to cannibalise 2 computers to make 1 working one and - well it's held together by sellotape and it is even SLOWER than the one I was using before. (I didn't even think that was POSSIBLE! Heh heh.)

Deleted User - 3853873

I know the feelings my pc crashed while back , and using a old dell i had in storage lol.Started new job today,after catching up on bills,will save up and get good pc lol