Vietnam

DeletedUser

"My god did you see that." one of the hueys exploded the commies have an RPG or some AA with them "we got to get out of here" the chopper lifted off and headed towards the firebase 20 kliks out east. Just when they started foward their was an explosion behind them and what felt like a mid air speed bump the chopper started spinning. "hold on were going down hard the tails hit" the horizon was not distinguishable from the spining slowly going faster the last thing Rick remembered was the ground coming close to them and a loud crash.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen heard the whining of the Huey soar overhead and crash nearby. She opened her eyes and observed the acrid trail of black smoke had begun on the opposite side of the hill. She rolled onto her back and tried to catch her breath. She coughed, and tried again as she looked down at the base of her side of the hill. Nothing was moving, and everything was burning. She looked towards the crippled helicoptor and began to cautiously crawl towards it. She neared the burning wreckage, and immediately determined the pilot was dead, crushed by the instrument panel upon impact. She looked in the fuselage and saw more dead Americans. She was about to turn, when she heard one of them groaning. She searched the wreckage more thoroughly and spied Rick struggling to drag himself out. She cautiously stepped forward, noted he was completely dazed and no immediate threat to her.

She studied his BDU's and saw what she needed to know. She spoke quietly in English, "Easy corporal. You're ok, and we're getting you out of here." So saying, she slipped her arms under his armpits and dragged him bodily out of the wrecked chopper. She knew he might have terrible injuries, but they'd pale in comparison to an execution. She heard excited voices of VC converging towards the top of the hill, and knew time was short.

She stooped down, pulled him to his feet, and staggered as he began to go limp. She hissed, again in English, "On your feet Marine and haul it out of here!" Rick, seemed to swim out of unconsciousness to at least stagger down the hill with her supporting him. They entered into the outer fringe of the inferno of raging Napalm and out of sight towards the denser jungle, as the VC began to top the hill..

DeletedUser

Rick's body hurt with his left arm broken he could not carry his rifle so he left the thought out of his mind and sudenly remembered that the person helping him away from the crash was Vietmanease. "why are you helping me?" He said weakly.

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen shushed Rick as she continued to assist him with hurry walking. They entered the jungle, and she began to slow their pace. They weren't going to burn alive, but that didn't stop them from being caught by any VC on this side of the hill that didn't roast. She knew this area, and she knew which way she intended on going. They headed further away from the hill, still hearing sporadic gunfire in the distance. She stopped, pursed her lips and searched the area they were in. She eased Rick down against a tree, and moved out of the clearing for a minute.

Before Rick could think too much of escape, she had returned. She dragged him to his feet, ignoring his protests and walked him into the jungle again. She stopped and pointed. He looked and saw nothing. She sighed and pointed again, lifting her supporting hand up to take hold of the back of his head to turn it slightly. He then saw it, a very cleverly concealed entrance to most likely a tunnel. She led him to it, lifted the covering foliage, and eased him down into it. She spoke quietly in English, "There's a drop corporal. Mind your arm, I think it's broken." So saying, she unceremoniously released his good arm.

DeletedUser

Rick went down the tunnel smoothly when he went to the bottom he thought of his friends "my god their dead" and he cried not lowdly but silently their all dead now hes alone with a engligh speaking vietmanease in a tunnel. but she told him that he did not need to cry but survive now. she was right.

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen slid down behind Rick, and pulled the foliage back over the entrance, carefully concealing the tunnel. She looked at him, crying and losing it. She honestly felt for him. The man was barely twenty, if that, and this was a bad situation. She needed him to be thinking, not dwelling. She stepped up to him and slapped him smartly across the face. "Look", she began in perfect, unbroken English, her eyes darting to his lapel before continuing, "Corporal Christensen. I know you're injured, and I know what you went through was bad, but I need to you focus. We are in bad territory now, and we need to have our wits about us. We still have a good chance of getting out of this whole mess." She sat in the dirt, and tore a four inch swath of cloth off of the hem of her black jacket. She tore a piece off of that and pulled her black hair back, and tied it with the smaller strip as she continued to whisper, "I am Pham Ho'ng Yen. I'm a field agent with the CIA. I've been embedded deep for the past year, and happened to get caught up in this big fiasco." She looked at Rick, noting the apprehension, and she shook her head as she stood. "Look, I left the badge and ID proving my identity in my other black pajamas. I don't really care if you believe me or not. We can split here, and best of luck to you, or you can stay with me and we just might both live." She stepped up to him and asked, "May I?" before drawing his combat knife from its sheath. She tore the sleeve of his BDU up to the shoulder and gingerly prodded the large swelling area of his arm. "It's good as breaks go. No major deformities, and no compound fractures. You'll probably live, if it's your worse injury." She sighed as she rigged a sling with the remainder of the coat she'd torn from her jacket, and immobilized Rick's arm as best she could with rudimentary first aid at best.

She looked around the dank opening to the tunnel system. "I know this area Corporal Christensen, but I've not walked it for a while." She looked at him for a moment and frowned. "I was captured by an American rifle squad and led to Hill 262. They stripped me of the papers I was carrying, but... there was a place they surprisingly didn't check". She sighed again and warned, "Not ONE word, or we're going to fight." So saying, she wandered off into the darkness of the tunnel for a few moments. She came back out hitching her black pants up and re-tying the belt, while holding a small metal cylinder in her hand. She dragged a rotting table over, unscrewed the cap and dumped out a micro-camera, strips of micro-film, several folded up pieces of paper, and a single red pill. She ignored everything but the paper, which she shuffled through until she located and unfolded one until it was the size of an 8 by 11 map.

She placed her finger on a portion of the map. "Here is Hill 262. This is where this fine fricking day started. We travelled north, about a click, maybe two, and then west when I became familiar with my surroundings. So we stopped somewhere in this region," She circled said region with her fingertip, tapping it once or twice in thought. She quietly exclaimed, "Ah hah!" She grinned and looked through the other papers, and began unfolding another. "I almost forgot. I traded a box of Reds for this information from a drunken VC officer."

She unfolded the map and they both looked at the swirling red lines. She scrutinized the lines intently, while muttering, "Come on, you have to be here somewhere." She stabbed her finger against the map. "Found it. I think we're here." She traces her finger back a ways, and then follows the line to where she'd originally pointed. "We need to get here." She looks up at the light of the day seeping down through the tunnel opening. "And, we'll have to do it fast. The local squads will return here soon." She kept the tunnel map. She folded the area map up carefully, and redeposited all of the items back into the cylinder before screwing it shut. She stopped and tilted her head to the side. They both heard the crashing feet and Vietnamese voices not far off. She looked at Rick and touched her index finger to her lips. She turned swiftly, momentarily stuffed her hand holding the cylinder down the front of her pants, and then turned to face Rick no longer holding it. She walked passed him and waved for him to follow, and again pressed the tip of her finger to her lips, as she disappeared into the dark tunnel.

DeletedUser

It felt like forever because of the lack of light or navigation but Rick and Ho'ng Yen came to an opening where fresh air came and it felt good brushing by his face. Ho'ng Yen went out first and then pulled Rick out. just as they were about to go a voice from the dark came distant.

"Its vietmanease their coming quick we must hide." She said quietly and she pulled Rick into a dry river bed. Rick could hear their footsteps in the moonless night.The VC voices coming closer untill they were about 3 feet away Ricked guesed. He slowly pulled out his Colt 45 and waited if he was caught he would take as many with them as he could. He clicked the saftey off and the Vc sudenly aware of the noise stoped as if they we not their.

He could smell the pungent scent of viet cong you can smell them before you see them. Rick layed motionless as one commie looked in the dry creekbed he slowly drew his sidearm to bear with his one good arm and fired. Like that the enemy fell like a rag doll and the enemy were aware and started firing on the lip of the creekbed. It was high enough to stand in so Rick and Ho'ng Yen ran she looked angery as the devil at him. "Do you know a way out of here?" AK fire riped apart vegitation around them. "Yes folow." so they ran un noticed through the darknes of Vietnam.

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen continued to run through the dry creek bed staying below ground level. She pushed Rick forward, with urgent nudges as the gunfire crackled mostly behind them. The VC were calling out to each other, and she murmured as they ran, "They're looking in the wrong place for us. We need to stick to this creek bed for a hundred or so more yards, and then we'll ditch it out of the right bank. There's a small river not too far from here. We might be able to catch a current and get our behinds out of here."

She ran for a bit longer and then began trudging up the bank. She paused at the top, and held her slim hand down to him. "Come on Marine. Up the bank" She looked in the direction of several voices calling out to each other, and grinned as she heard a, crash, a shout of dismay and a loud voice. "Somebody's broken through the tunnel and fallen in. We have a breather moment. Let's walk for a little bit and catch our breath. The river isn't far off." She stood and headed off into the bush.

DeletedUser

After a long battle the marines had won. They went to inpect the downed heli and saw that 1 person that was on the heli wasn't on. They searched though the jungle. They trudged though a small river. They saw foot prints in the mud and went to follow them. The tracks stopped then they turned into the grass. They followed the pushed down grass and found a gi laying there. " how did you get clear out here? That doesn't matter come with me." he picked up the gi and has one of his men call a evac chopper.

DeletedUser

(Exactcly how was the battle won? It would seem my forces had yours pinned down and that you evacuated, some victory I think.)

DeletedUser

( scratch that instead we flown out on the heli and the other heli was shot down we look at it then we searched for them Kay? )

DeletedUser

(Good, now we can continue) Jean walked up the hill looking all around he could see the burnt underbrush and bodies, lots of bodies. However he could care less and came to the top of the hill where there were some American prisoners. "Ahh, we have guests I see." Jean smiled in a creepy way and looked at the GIs sitting on the ground with guns on their heads, some praying, some crying, some staring, and some doing nothing at all. "Officers?" "No sir none of them are officers." "Good I didn't have any english speaking interrogators with me. Kill them on my signal." "Yes sir." Jean smiled at the Americans and spoke in english to them, with a French accent. "Do you know why you're here AMericans? DO you know why?" They all started talking about their rank and number, typical. "Shut up! None of you are officers, and none of you are, CIA, KGB, or something else worth anything?" No answer. "Good, now back to my question, why are you here?" No response. "You are here because of American imperialism, they say their cause is to fight the evils of Communism, well they lied to you and the people. They, they believe Asia should be America's and Europes lackey. They're wrong. Oh, I have one last question, are any of you communists?" Cries and expletives were all the responses Jean got. "Goodnight then men." "Jean changed back to Vietnamese. "Kill them." "Yes sir." The gunshots echoed throughout the jungle, Jean smiled. "Send men to see if there is anyone in the helicopter we downed..."

DeletedUser

Rick and Ho'ng Yen finnaly reached the river hungery and tired. Their were patrols around so they hid in a tree where they waited for the Vietmanease to pass by."They must be looking for us." Rick pulled out his sidearm and counted the ammunition in it. Dang 6 shots in the clip with two extra clips so 20 shots all together. They would have no chance in a fire fight.

Dawn was coming and the sun warmed him.The Vietmanease passed by and they slowly climbed down careful not to make any sudden moves. After they were out of the tree they filled themselvs with water and moved back into the tree. Rick was thinking.'How are we getting out of here?' No matter he was refreshed and nothing can ruin this peaceful moment.he then fell asleep on a tree branch.

DeletedUser

dai happily emptied the rest of his clip into and american prisoner before looking around. after hearing the orders from his commanding officer jean he gathered together a group of 15 men and began to move towards the downed helicopter.

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen did not spend a peaceful night in the tree they sought refuge in. She'd sat watching the jungle floor, as she listened in on the chatter of the VC squads that were moving through the area. She'd determined the frequency of different squads, which she figured out by different names being used when calling out to each other, indicated a tunnel entrance had to be nearby. At least she did not catch any snippets concerning an American on the run, which was promising to her, but she did hear of the great VC victory at an ambush they'd set for the Americans at Đặng Xá, better known as Hill 242. So now she knew that was not the way to try returning. She thought about her next course of action as she turned her observation towards the corporal she'd rescued.

The Americans were bound to send more sorties out to cleanse the abandoned village and surrounding area, if they didn't try a retrieval of the bodies. She was fairly confident they were outside any target zones, at least until she could get the information she'd gathered to military intelligence. She'd charted several tunnels that the VC were still actively utilizing to get into South Vietnam. She rested her head back against the trunk of the tree and sighed quietly. Christensen was injured, and slowing them considerably, which was another factor she'd have to think on. He'd also felt it necessary to alert an entire squad of their presence by mindlessly shooting one enemy combatant. They were alive by the sheer luck of ineptitude of their pursuers, and darkness. Must be really new in country to make mistakes like that one.

She considered, albeit briefly, attempting to walk openly with the corporal as her supposed prisoner, but abandoned the plan in its initial stages due to a high probability of failure. She needed to find some weapons, so she could more easily pass as VC if they were located. It could be a feasible story for a few moments, or at least enough to maybe shoot their way out of a situation at least. So thinking, she climbed carefully out of the tree and moved off into the jungle seeking out the entrance to the nearby tunnel system.

She located the entrance not far off. She lifted the coverings and slipped down into the dark Earth. This was not the same system they'd left earlier. This one had electric lighting and was clean. It wasn't good to linger, so she quickly moved through the tunnel. She ducked into off-shoots that were not lit figuring they were probably not being currently used by any enemies that may be currently moving through. She located a door. She tried the handle and entered when it opened.

Inside was a storage room. There were crates, barrels, and a large bureau. She idly wondered where the bureau would have come from, and couldn't help but smile as she approached it while thinking of the soldiers that had to have carried it through the jungle. She opened the doors and found clothing. "What a shocker", she thought silently to herself. She grabbed the black clothing and changed into it finding it to be cleaner than her old clothing. She guesstimated Christensen's size as she searched through the remaining clothing, and picked something that might fit. She grabbed a large Non La conical straw grass hat and placed it on her head. She then moved to the crates.

She opened the first she came upon, and found it contained a supply of Kalashkinov Rifles. She grabbed two and hung them off her shoulder as she removed magazines from several others. She moved to barrels, and found the proper ammunition and loaded up her two rifles. She hurried out and back towards where she'd left the Corporal in the tree.

DeletedUser

Jean was informed that there were no survivors from the downed helicopters. With no other orders he decided to inspect some of the VC tunnels, with a VC guide and two NVA soldiers as guards he entered a tunnel which was quite obviously well equipped for officers, it did afterall have electricity, furniture and standing room. "So, this tunnel is for officers of some sort?" "The guide responded, "No this is where we store supplies and such." "Hmm, are you-" "The proud leaders of the Viet Cong sleep with their soldiers, not in well pampered officers quarters." "Hmmm..." Then Jean saw her, a black clad women carrying two rifles preparing to leave the tunnel. "What is this girl? What are you doing here?" "She jumped tthrough the hole, "We have no woman administrators here sir!" Cried the guide. "Chase her then you idiots and with that Jean, the guide, and the two soldiers chased after the women who was fleeing.

DeletedUser

Rick woke up from his disturbed slumber for some weird reason. He listened and herd some comotion near by in vietmanease which strangley they yelled. Then noticed that Ho'ng Yen was not in the tree. He looked around and pulled out his pistol. She was running from other NVA, shes in trouble just as he was going to shoot she turned around. He observed them talking and he kept his colt aimed at what looks like a high ranking individual.

DeletedUser25825

OOC: Hold up there folks LOL. There is no reason I would run. My cover story is solid and it's what I would choose to do. Running would make me a sure enemy, standing and explaining would be more like my character.

As Ho'ng Yen rounded the bend of a tunnel, she ran into a group of VC, she climbed out into the open even as they shouted at her to stop. She did so once she had some advantage of not being underground and turned to face the men rushing out to capture her. One of the men demanded to know who she was. She looked at the group for a moment sizing up her slim chances of actually running from them, so simply replied with the truth as she made no move to move the two rifles from her shoulder, "I am sorry for making you think I was running from you. I didn't hear you at first because my mind was on my orders. I am Pham Ho'ng Yen. I serve with 48th Battalion NLF, under General Nguyễn Văn Lém. I was assigned to 2nd Sapper Raiding Party, Assault Team 1, Cell 1 under the command of Yu Chen. We were assigned to attack Đặng Xá with several other elements of the NLF. During the firefight, and consequent napalm drop of the area by the American scum, I became separated from my cell. I was ordered to return to this tunnel system by Yu Chen prior to the attack to re-outfit as necessary before rendezvousing with my cell near Phou Phadang, and that is what I am doing. I am very anxious to return to my squad."

DeletedUser

"Ahhh, I see. I remember Yu Chen. A young fiery firecracker that one is. Come let us escort you to him, it's been a while since we've seen each other." Jean smiled at the girl.

DeletedUser25825

Ho'ng Yen nodded in agreement as she asked, "I'm sorry sir, but I don't recognize you. I'm just a lowly soldier without rank who knows where to keep my business when there are visiting officers. If you would be so kind as to inform me of who I have the honor of traveling with, it would make me very happy." She nonchalantly pulled one of the rifles she carried and held it in a low ready position, and pointing away from her enemies, as she observed the four men standing in front of her.