Union Flag Nightmare

DeletedUser

I have posted before about my apparent inability to get a Union Flag, I am now approaching 150 hours of guarding the fort with no luck whatsoever. I know some people have got it on their first try, and I pray before each attempt, nothing works. Does anyone know how i can reach the game's creators about this? I'm starting to think it's a glitch or something, this is totally ridiculous.

DeletedUser

Nobody forces you to do the quest, take a break from it. Try it later!
Also, make sure your motivation is high.

DeletedUser

Nobody forces you to do the quest, take a break from it. Try it later!
Also, make sure your motivation is high.

I only try when my motivation at 100%... i just took a month off from trying and have been trying again once a day for the last week... and i even have the premium upgrade for finding items activated.... still NOTHING!!!

DeletedUser

I had spent 43 hrs trying to get ONE turkey leg (labor pts ranged from 40ish to 100ish)

I have spent 54 hrs trying to get ONE nugget, but I still need 12 more anyway (labor pts range from 60ish to 130ish).

I have spent 20 hrs trying to get ONE cotton. (labor pts ranged from 1 to 30ish).

You might as well accept that there are certain things that are just ridiculously hard to get. One theory I have been working on is to get the item before accepting the quest. I have noticed that I get the item(s) when it is not yet needed.

DeletedUser

Me too. But I think it is before you reach the level of the quest, rather than before you accept it. I've tried it a few times, and the early level seems to be effective, but once the level is reached it seems harder again.

DeletedUser

Heh, you haven't even reached ridiculous yet. This is my rap sheet:

World 1: Over two weeks worth of trying. (Roughly around 400 hours)
World 2: I've been trying since the world started. Still do not have it yet.
World 3: Got two in 4 hours.
World 4: One flag in 10 hours.

DeletedUser

As people said, motavation should be high, but try when its not 100%.. And get these skills up, so the chances of getting the item helps... (remember the higher the skills, the higher chance you will get the item :)

DeletedUser

150 hours for one 180 exp quest?

Thats a waste of time I could get 180 exp in an hour and a half :dry:

DeletedUser

I completely blew that quest off. I wasted no time in that dumb fort doing nothing, I just went on to other jobs.

DeletedUser

Yeah, well. :eek: Hmmm is right. It's pure speculation. And could just be a psychological illusion. :)

I tell you though, I am doing the barbed wire quest and I have spend 17 hrs doing it and not a single one. On the other hand, I have saddles, fish, horns, traps, furs, horseshoes and other items not yet needed for quests and I seem to get them everytime I do the job. Yet, those danged barbed wires are elusive and it's the quest I am on.:blink:

DeletedUser

Heh, you haven't even reached ridiculous yet. This is my rap sheet:

World 1: Over two weeks worth of trying. (Roughly around 400 hours)

I do not know what level of math skill you possess, but it does not appear too formidable. There are 168 hours/week total, so your math is a wee bit off.

DeletedUser

I spent more than 336 hours, but not enough to count as a full three weeks. I was rounding the numbers, that's why I said over two weeks and roughly around 400 hours.

DeletedUser

I tell you though, I am doing the barbed wire quest and I have spend 17 hrs doing it and not a single one. On the other hand, I have saddles, fish, horns, traps, furs, horseshoes and other items not yet needed for quests and I seem to get them everytime I do the job. Yet, those danged barbed wires are elusive and it's the quest I am on.:blink:

I'm stuck on W4 waiting for one more barb wire too. At Level 17! Grr. I've given up for the time being.

DeletedUser

Spend time doing other stuff in the game. Don't work your player on one job till he is about to drop dead. Just cancel the quest, then try to get the item. Once you have the item, accept the quest again and complete it. I've gotten lots of union flags when I wasn't on the same quest as you, but now that I am, I can't even get one either. :)

DeletedUser

Henry's Birthday (Union flag)

henry must be pissed wit me.
its been over 2 mth still i have not got his damm union flag.
maybe ill get it next year...

DeletedUser

I spent more than 336 hours, but not enough to count as a full three weeks. I was rounding the numbers, that's why I said over two weeks and roughly around 400 hours.

Since you can only work at most 1/2 your time with a fully upgraded hotel to use, your numbers are still waaaay off. If you did that your motivation would be so low it would be little wonder you did not find it. So pick your poison and quit embellishing things.