Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser

its probably not the best idea.. but ive played with this on another site.. you can challenge people up to twice your level, but only a certain percentage below. But when someone challenges you, you have 24 hours to fight back.

DeletedUser

its probably not the best idea.. but ive played with this on another site.. you can challenge people up to twice your level, but only a certain percentage below. But when someone challenges you, you have 24 hours to fight back.

makes better sense than the system we have now i can tell you that..

DeletedUser

Yes, it's not like TW at all. You can't lose your village, you can't lose all your troops, you can't get rimmed - all whilst you are offline.

Here, you cannot lose your character. Here you just lose 1/3 of your money, that's no biggie. As you know that will happen you just make sure you never have that much on you.

They do need to stop a character being attacked again and again though.

You know in the real Old West it was a tough place, many didn't survive their first winter. Were bitten by snakes, killed by Indians, robbed by the unscrupulous. The weak and unlucky succumbed.

From reading some of the posts on here there are clearly quite a few that will not survive this internet incarnation of The West either.

lol i love this,, but in real life .. use your brain.. in real life if they dueld do you think buddy would survive.. and if so do you think the same guy would have pulled him from his hospital bed agian and said DUEL ME MOFO.. hmm my aim sux but i got him in his leg.. and then pull him from his hospital bed agian all in the span of what 8 houres to "DUEL" him 3 times.. come on dont use stupid **** like many did not survive.. its a damn game and oviously I like alot of ppl dont think you should beable to duel the same person constantly.. its stupid.. anyhow this is what i suggest.

If you iniciate a duel with player X then you cant "iniciate" another duel vs player X for 24 houres,

DeletedUser

What about a simple solution.

Instead of having only 1 dueling stand we have 3 or 4. When we attack we always use our #1 stand but when we get attacked the computer randomly uses one of our 3-4 stands. This way our opponent would not be able to "learn and adapt" to our single stand.

DeletedUser

My issue is this.. I am traveling to my town and until I reach my town I cannot interact with it.

To duel me, all someone has to do is go to my Tavern and click Duel, even though the game states I am 4 hours away from my town..

They should be given the option to wait for me or travel to my location.

Those old west bullets have a better range than cruise missles. :mad:

DeletedUser

Simple answer to this: Motivation Handicap.

First time you duel someone - 100% Damage done by you.
Second time - 95%
Third - 90%
Fourth - 80%
Fifth - 65%
Sixth - 50%

Resets every 48 hours or so. What do you think?

I think they are adding (added?) a rule where you can only duel one or two levels above/below you, but a handicap needs to be added, similar to the jobs.

It can also be affected by the level you are dueling, duel 1 level above and you lose motivation slower, duel one level below and you lose it faster.

DeletedUser

yeah i like the idea of a handicap.. allows you to try and be annoying and attack someone repeatidly if you like.. but its not advisable

DeletedUser

Yeah i agree, no dueling whilst offline, this isn't tribal wars. you only have one character, or if they do duel whilst of line you can't duel again until that person is back online.

DeletedUser

maybe this could solve it. everytime time you duel someone you get outlaw points. you get to many outlaw points then you are marked as a outlaw. when you are marked as a outlaw there is a special bounty on your head so more players will try to find and duel you for the bounty. perhaps if you become a big time outlaw a groups of players can form a posse to come after you.

maybe this could open new jobs also like cattle rustleing, stage coach robbing, etc. just like in the real west.

DeletedUser

Like Allyboo said, a lot of people here are complaining about things that don't exist. There is already a limit to the number of levels below your character that you can attack, and if I'm not mistaken it is set at 4.

Likewise, after you duel a certain player, you are not able to automatically attack them again. You are forced to wait a certain time period, which is at least one hour.

Asterios, if you have proof in the form of a screenshot showing a 6 level difference in a duel, I would be very interested in seeing that.

DeletedUser

I agree that this is BS. And the time limit thing doesn't matter If you are asleep, and the other person is in another time zone, they attack again and again, and you can't do a thing about it. I know you are all saying, just sleep. But you only sleep for 8 hours, some people are gone longer then 8 hours at a time, and the dueling thing could happen. I think they should implement a randomizer for dodging. Sets the stances randomly after each duel, and you can toggle it on or off.

DeletedUser

Or you could just queue 2 of the 8 hour sleep shifts before you leave?

DeletedUser

yes i do also find it unfair as you can loose alot of money while you sleep

DeletedUser

And shouldnt there be a update to stop people being dueled at work or sleep?

DeletedUser

Like Allyboo said, a lot of people here are complaining about things that don't exist. There is already a limit to the number of levels below your character that you can attack, and if I'm not mistaken it is set at 4.

Likewise, after you duel a certain player, you are not able to automatically attack them again. You are forced to wait a certain time period, which is at least one hour.

Asterios, if you have proof in the form of a screenshot showing a 6 level difference in a duel, I would be very interested in seeing that.

actually there is so far no known limit going downwards since i seen a lvl 14 challenge a lvl 9 which is a 5 point disparity, but i also heard that the lvl 9 wanted to challenege the lvl 14 and could not, so unsure how this is done yet.

also you can attack the person again as long as they don't die and no time limit i know of. we had one player who posted here get attacked 3 times in one night by the same player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ok, so let's see how we should do. IF i am level 5,i search for a level 10 which is doing nothing, i attack him once, see what he aims, then adapt and start kicking his ass. Ok, no money loss for him since he deposited, but hey, wouldn't i get lots and lots of experience if he's offline? And wow, 1 hour limit? ok, so during a night or his day off i can attack him every hour, get FREE experience and have my dule statistic gow up. Like in tw we would be bragging on attacking the same barbarian over and over.
C'mon people, it's not that hard 2 implement a protection feature, or a way that player can't be attacked multiple times.
What to say, if one has 100 duels from which all are made attacking the same offline person over and over, what kind of statistic is that? and if he gets experience for that, it's really a mess. It's like going into city morgue, having sex with 2-3 corpses then bragging u are are such a stud and have so much success with women.

DeletedUser

Isn't it a rule though that if your town doesn't have a mortician you cannot duel?

So if you just join a town without a mortician you're safe...right?

DeletedUser

Just get the server to randomize the dodging if you get attacked a second or third etc. time when you're offline.

DeletedUser

Isn't it a rule though that if your town doesn't have a mortician you cannot duel?

So if you just join a town without a mortician you're safe...right?

no this is not correct it doesn't matter if your town has a mortician or not, the challengers town must have a mortician.