UEFA Champions League - Whoz D Best?

DeletedUser17969

lol, thanks Ripett... and after reaching the CL proper I'd have been inclined to agree with you in that respect... well as much a chance as them rather than a lot better chance!

Sadly with the injuries to Defoe and Dawson during the England game as well as another to King during training last Friday we're lacking in key positions and a sick feeling is now creeping up upon me.

Still - I'm off to The Lane tonight to cheers the lads on :D and shout at the opposition :mad:

DeletedUser17969

Sorry, but the Spurs aren't going to win. Neither is Arsenal btw..
Is Redknapp going to play central defense himself tonight?

No Desi - we've got Chirpy the mascot on - he's a big brute - 7ft tall and 2 men wide.

We don't need to park a bus in fornt of goal with him around :p

DeletedUser25707

lol, thanks Ripett... and after reaching the CL proper I'd have been inclined to agree with you in that respect... well as much a chance as them rather than a lot better chance!

Sadly with the injuries to Defoe and Dawson during the England game as well as another to King during training last Friday we're lacking in key positions and a sick feeling is now creeping up upon me.

Still - I'm off to The Lane tonight to cheers the lads on :D and shout at the opposition :mad:
I think Spurs biggest problem is the goalkeeper... and loaning Stipe Pletikosa from Spartak won't be of much help. Unlike other Croatian players [Modric, Kranjcar and Corluka] playing for them I don't think he can improve the squad...

DeletedUser17969

Gomez returned from injury tonight - great to have him back in goal again.

Happy with tonight's scoreline too :D

DeletedUser1121

Well, you will have to thank the ref for that.
It was an entertaining match to watch although i hoped Twente would take home a point (me being Dutch :) )

Gomes is a great keeper with some of the best reflexes i have ever seen.
And Spurs did a great job signing van der Vaart.

DeletedUser17969

Well, imo we only had the ref to thank for the 3rd penalty (but then I am a smidge biased ;)) it looked very harsh upon seeing the replay once I got home.

Van der Vaart is an awesome player I must say. When watching him play I still feel a bit surprised that we managed to land him as I'm sure that he could have gone to plenty of other clubs. He covers the pitch really well and always tries to find space and make himself available for a pass... plus I like that slight evil/hardman streak in him!

Gutted he got himself sent off needlessly as he'll now miss Inter away - shame.

But I can imagine it being an entertaining enough game for a neutral as you say Desi :)

Last edited by a moderator: