trading christmas stuff

DeletedUser9470

everything should be auctionable. period!

let alone wet cookies and ginger nuts!

DeletedUser

Yes, they should. I haven't seen anything hugely imbalancing by selling the items. The only big problem was crackers + gingerbread + cookies + NPC duels, and that was "fixed" by making NPC duels a complete waste of time before the level cap was raised. Some people do charge stupid prices and, for the most part, no one buys them because the availability of other still auctionable alternatives (crafted items and doctor's bags).

DeletedUser563

the whole advent calendar thing bores me for some reason. Except health and energy items the rest are not helping me at all. The reason is that I have a duel built high end construction/high end hiding. So I anyway recover my motivation by alternating the skill jobs. Why the german server have gifts and secret items and we apparently don;t(See no announcement to that affect) is imo also very unfair. There is just no big motivation for opening the pages.

HelenBack

So... .net is no longer allowed to trade Christmas goodies because the folks on the .de server decided they didn't want them to be auctionable? WTF?

I keep getting items I don't need and would love to sell them to a town/alliance member... but I can no longer do that. We were able to do so last year... Actually right up to when the new Advent Calendar quest started... So why make such a change with no notice and no poll from the .net server?

I wasn't sure if this was just a glitch or if this is a permanent change. I'd hate to sell all the useless items to the Trader only to find out later that it was temporary. I prefer to help out my town/alliance members before tossing out items.

Also, it would have been great if there were different items available... The health and energy items can be useful for anyone... The Oats are also helpful for running to forts or shortening your trips on those worldwide tour quests (like the Easter Eggs). But the Christmas Crackers are only good for those who want to duel for high XP. Those who keep getting the crackers can now only sell them to the Trader for the sales price.
:hmf:

There are those who are probably saying "it's a gift... you get it for free... etc.", but does that mean that you have to be stuck with it? Why can't we sell them to people who do need them? When you were a kid... did you not trade items from your stocking that you didn't like for something your brother/sister/cousin/whoever had? What if I was allergic to Christmas Crackers and that's all I ever got...? Are ya trying to kill me?
:razz:

I hope that a poll is created... or they just change it back. No one here seems to think it's a bad idea to have the Christmas goodies auctionable and they do want this decision reversed.

DeletedUser20137

You can't re-gift (or sell to someone else) a Christmas gift. It's just not right. Even in real life people have Christmas gifts sitting in their closet that they do not use, so it would be in the Old West, when even though there may have been lawlessness, people had morals. If you really don't want them, then either discard them or use your gift receipt to get a refund from the traveling merchant.

DeletedUser

Yes (christmas staff should be actionable)

quite a surprise why inno is acting so strange and foolish these days :p

DeletedUser

It's not at all strange or foolish Mj.

Christmas "gifts" were made non-auctionable because people would create multiple accounts just to obtain those "gifts," and then auction all those items to their main character. It was, unfortunately, a grossly exploited issue. The reason why they should not be auctionable is just that, to avoid exploit and not encourage creating multiple accts.

DeletedUser363

It's not at all strange or foolish Mj.

Christmas "gifts" were made non-auctionable because people would create multiple accounts just to obtain those "gifts," and then auction all those items to their main character. It was, unfortunately, a grossly exploited issue. The reason why they should not be auctionable is just that, to avoid exploit and not encourage creating multiple accts.

As I said before, they could have fixed this exploit by making the advent calendar quest available only to higher levels (Level 20, maybe 30 and up). Instead they pissed off a bunch of people by not making the christmas stuff auctionable without any warning at all to the players. Great thinking by Inno :hmf:

DeletedUser

I see, so then you reward the people that have had opportunity to collect a lot of mid-high level multis... and penalize all the new players.

DeletedUser30307

neither....just penalize the entire community as has been done :)

DeletedUser363

I see, so then you reward the people that have had opportunity to collect a lot of mid-high level multis... and penalize all the new players.
If a player already has a lot of mid-high level multis, and nobody from the support team caught him yet, then I really doubt he needs the christmas stuff to get him rich. That player probably already has made a fortune selling normal products on the markets. Maybe Innogames should make those not auctionable too? :laugh: What they did is punish the entire community for the rule breaking of a few people.

DeletedUser

It does seem like eliminating push dueling by removing dueling from the game. Meh, it doesn't bother me that much, they all have crafted substitutes.

DeletedUser

neither....just penalize the entire community as has been done :)
They did not punish the entire community. They made it so everyone obtained Christmas gifts. How is that punishment?!?

If a player already has a lot of mid-high level multis, and nobody from the support team caught him yet, then I really doubt he needs the christmas stuff to get him rich. That player probably already has made a fortune selling normal products on the markets.
Maybe and maybe not, but what you're doing here is running on gross assumptions. Besides, that was only HALF of my point. Your solution was to reward characters of only level 20 and over, as if somehow those who are less than level 20 aren't worthy of receiving Christmas gifts. Your solution punishes a section of the game's population (a section that hasn't done anything wrong except to start playing later, or to level slowly). The solution they presented merely prevents people from selling gifts, which isn't punishment... since the entire point of the thing was to GIVE YOU A GIFT.

DeletedUser16008

They did not punish the entire community. They made it so everyone obtained Christmas gifts. How is that punishment?!?

Only one little oversight there HS, for the past YEAR they were tradable with no big problems , then crafting came out making all presents obsolete as being unique and then this xmas they freaked for some reason and changed the ability to trade them thats the punishment ... talk about being not only inconsistent but illogical since crafting allows all those benefits to be traded anways.

Oh btw usually when you give a "gift" you dont put conditions on the use of it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32882

LOL...Vic mate didn't u hear that this are gifts whit a twist:))....i mean Inno give's them ,but u have to do what Inno says.Is like someone would give u a big cake but u can't eat it if u don't eat soup first.If a baboon from .de had this stupid idea that means everyone has to suffer for it.I have on w11 a horde of this items,from both years.I was 100% sure that i would make a lot of cash by selling them.But boy i was wrong.
I really don't see what is the problem here?I know ppl who have friends from other servers that make accounts only to play for 2-3 weeks to get products and give them for free to there friends.And this thing is happening since the crafting has been introduced and i don't see Inno doing anything about this.But they did something about some ''gifts'' that they gived in 24 days out of a year:))))
As i said...if an baboon jumps from building we all have to do it.
Do u guys see how Inno is treating there players/buyers in the last time???
When the hell will they listen to us???

DeletedUser

It is a gift, do you always sell off the gifts that people give you? I don't see what the big deal it, just use them yourselves on your own game play.

I really don't see what is the problem here?I know ppl who have friends from other servers that make accounts only to play for 2-3 weeks to get products and give them for free to there friends.And this thing is happening since the crafting has been introduced and i don't see Inno doing anything about this.

The problem is, thats called pushing and is bannable. I'd suggest, if you see this happening, report it. ;)

DeletedUser

Only one little oversight there HS, for the past YEAR they were tradable with no big problems , then crafting came out making all presents obsolete as being unique and then this xmas they freaked for some reason and changed the ability to trade them thats the punishment ... talk about being not only inconsistent but illogical since crafting allows all those benefits to be traded anways.
Victor, if I recall my timelines correctly, a lot of people were caught (penalized and/or banned) christmas before last, the problem made apparent. It was made apparent the exploit and they endeavored to ensure it wouldn't happen again. Not quite understanding your argument. It's as if your comment essentially argues, "they didn't realize the exploit last time until after, so they should let it continue to go on now that they've been made aware of it."

I think you can agree that is not reasonable, nor logical. As it is, I haven't seen a viable alternative presented, just complaints that they made it so christmas gifting is an unexploitable event.

Last edited by a moderator: