trading christmas stuff

Noobmic

Yesterday (29 Nov 2011) Hades2 posted:
A little reply to this topic. Due to a german request the christmas stuff won't be tradeable anymore. I don't know if it's here too, but tomorrow will come an update which will "delete" the possibility of trading with christmas stuff.
And so on, have a nice december with chocolate cookies and gingerbread ;)

I understand on .DE worlds player don't want this, but on .NET there wasn't any survey/poll asking players what they want.

If a moderator can create from this topic a poll, to see what players think.
Question: Do you want christmas staff to be auctionable?
Answers:
- Yes (christmas staff should be actionable)
- No (christmas staff shouldn't be actionable)
- Doesn't matter

I want with this topic to see what .NET players have to say, because minutes ago the world where I play (World 2) an update was made and christmas staff isn't actionable any more.

My vote is that christmas staff should be actionable, main reason is because those products are random, if each player will receive the same amount of products by type then it isn't a problem, but how I know that my luck in this game is bellow the see level, I should be able to auction what products I don't need for products that I have a real use.

DeletedUser16008

stupid paranoia bs... the xmas stuff has always been tradeable whats the big deal now all of a sudden ?

plenty of stuff players wont need on older worlds such as work motivation increase or duel xp increase etc ... no point when your lvl 120 already so they are just gonna sit there in my invent for nothing ? pathetic

in short

- Yes (christmas staff should be actionable)

DeletedUser32882

WOW...this is a very lame thing to do.Al this products are random(some might get only hey,while other get energy boost,work motivation increased).U can't control this drops.And those that have the bad luck to get all the lame drops should at least have the chance to buy from the other players.It's very simple.
A big NO for making this products unable to be traded.

DeletedUser

Another nonesense descion from Inno. Do the people who play the game, and spend money get any say at all? Where's the vote? They don't even have the decency to explain why this has happened. No wonder players are leaving...........

Spaceydk

If the Germans want it one way let them have it their way but last I read they don't rule the world. Want to change things here lets have a vote for it instead of just doing like the Germans.

DeletedUser

It's Angela Merkel punishing the non-Germans for lax fiscal policy. You want trade with us? You can't have it anymore.

Inno's just being patriotic is all.

;-)

Spaceydk

Yeah the stuff are not auctionable anymore I guess the Germans do rule the world after all.

Mods/Devs
Why was this changed?
Why was it changed without the input of the international community and with no warning? There is a difference of opinions between the .de and the rest of the world on some issue looking at the replies of this thread.
Does .de dictate all changes to The West?

DeletedUser363

I don't understand why there wasn't a vote on this for .NET players. Yes, the christmas stuff should be auctionable. What am I supposed to do with the christmas stuff laying around in my inventory which I am never going to use? I am guessing they did this to stop people from creating accounts on new worlds and selling their christmas stuff to their friends, however they could have fixed this loophole in a much easier way by making the advent calender quest available for players level 20+

DeletedUser

Does .de dictate all changes to The West?

Not like that... but the new team already showed us that they can do whatever they want (remember the bans from the halloween quest? try to find any of the 10 million online games that had people banned from a test server for crashing into a bug... you will only find 1 in the last 50 years... this one)
So probably someone from them found out that last year many people got some new accounts and sold there christmas itens to there main accounts.
This way they solve that problem and let the luck decide what you get from the calendar.

Im thinking that some reports from some weeks ago are true... this new inno team is targetting to move this game to the facebook and they need to remove all the players that don´t use facebook.

DeletedUser22493

..."The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Teeh Dev's hath forsaken us!"....

Btw, if this is so important, why waste your time posting it here? Zet is gone. There is no connection between .net and Inno anymore.
Nothing posted on this forum is of any relevance to anyone with the interest, influence or ability to forward it. And the dev's most cirtantly doesn't use this forum. There's a reason you don't see them posting here.

Either go to the German forum or the dev blog, and mass post with fingers crossed. That is the only way. Posting here is like putting a letter in the Jerusalem Wailing Wall.

Oh, yeah btw. Id love to be proved wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

..."The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Teeh Dev's hath forsaken us!"....

Btw, if this is so important, why waste your time posting it here? Zet is gone. There is no connection between .net and Inno anymore.
Nothing posted on this forum is of any relevance to anyone with the interest, influence or ability to forward it. And the dev's most cirtantly doesn't use this forum. There's a reason you don't see them posting here.

Either go to the German forum or the dev blog, and mass post with fingers crossed. That is the only way. Posting here is like putting a letter in the Jerusalem Wailing Wall.

Oh, yeah btw. Id love to be proved wrong.

Unfortunately you've hit the proverbial nail on the head. Inno is a German company with German thinking and therefore German priorities.... . net or any other server means zip.

However if someone wishes to furnish me with the german forum link i'll go rip into them there on occasion cos im like that :p

DeletedUser14006

What good is a christmas cracker to someone who does not duel?

What good is liquorice to someone who only duels?

Stupid move if this goes ahead.

DeletedUser18357

I see only one reason behind this move... hoping in a boost of crafting. With a market full of Christmas stuff, craft is on a lower priority, players will choose to buy/sell the cookies and not to craft them. Of course, as the majority here, i think is a bad move.

DeletedUser

this may be a second reason:
On 11/28/11 at 3:32 PM
Hi, i'm xxx,

i'm playing in the tr6 server.. i want to exchange our advent products...example, you will start tr6 and give the advent product me to free.

and will do this the same, here...

if you want, answer this message...
Note: sorry to my english :)

and>http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=609079&postcount=28

DeletedUser563

perhaps there is a reason for it... quest perhaps .. who knows..still a motivation would be a great idea. or was this voted as an idea? may i also add 18 posts already. where are you guys on other threads.

DeletedUser18357

Ok, sure, is a well known problem, moshu. But same methods are used for exchange tons of products or crafted items... Let's restrict everything or let everything how it is, not only try to avoid a flood of cookies...

DeletedUser563

Ok I will check further. So far I found this post:# 1
Joony
Community Manager

The Christmas season brings lots of gifts
Gunfighters and cowboy ladies watch out! Get off your saddle, it is cold in the plains. Seek out a quiet spot and enjoy the festive Christmas season. We want to help you and introduce you to the community advent calendar! 24 daily puzzles provide excitement, fun and joy. For the lucky winners this year we have put together special prices: Take a chance and win gold nuggets, rare game items, except you have only the fewest of all the players and secures you one of the many-InnoGames prizes. On Christmas Eve, you have even the chance of a new generation iPod Nano!

Doubt whether its a spoiler as I think we get nothing :(

Found it A technical notice for the game Advent Calendar:

We have read your feedback, you are right and we would like to meet you. Tomorrow, therefore, the gifts from the advent of "no auktionierbar" set. All items that are already at the time of the change in the market concerned, not that. These can still be bought.
New advent calendar items, which affects all those who are left over from last year as well as the new one this year, can no longer put on the market but used only to itself.

This affects the following items:
Licorice, Christmas cracker, oats, potatoes, marzipan, gingerbread cookies with chocolate and

what about our feedback we are more than them

ahh ha

I find it very commendable that you want evrschenken the objects, but we do that already. Each player can bring a lot of it even on the calendar, I think more of you get stomach pain anyway ..

the reason stomach pain now it all makes sense.

Seems it has something to do with the golden ass. They fear that players will abuse the system by creating many multis to reach the mill required for the golden donkey that much faster. The person we can thank is a genius named holmes.