Town vs Town... Destroying buildings

DeletedUser

That could also be a good thing, but we could also downgrades with a percentage in stead of a whole level.

DeletedUser

Yet you are still here playing the game even though you can not see the end goal :confused:

Another no vote from me ,if you want to go knocking buildings down go back to TW

I know the game is only a loose idea of the wild west but I don't remember a lot of town v town wars going on back then ,feuds maybe between
families
but
that's
about it :)

You still haven't tolled me the end goal :p

And about the history thing... well a lot of thing do not fit in "the wild west reality" (trust me I study history :D)

DeletedUser

i think that town vs town thing is very important, cuz it will give some importance for the dullers and the soldiers in this game, we really need that.

and we also needs something to happened to town, cuz think about it what will happen if all the buildings in the town is maxed what will builders do ?

DeletedUser

I think it's a good idea. I would even suggest some sort of morale. (TW:D)

When you attack a weak town the players don't get that excited, they just walk into town, beat up the geezer who has cobwebs on him cos he hasn't moved for a week, the spotty oik and the constructor, take the money from the bank and go for a drink at the saloon before going home.

If they take on a bunch of soldiers and win they're really hyped up, they lost a few guys so are cheesed off and there was no money in the bank so they're going home empty handed. They torch the place good and proper.

;)

DeletedUser

You still haven't tolled me the end goal :p

And about the history thing... well a lot of thing do not fit in "the wild west reality" (trust me I study history :D)

I have know idea the end goal lol just keep on plodding on and hit maxed out town and level 99 then worry about it :D

If you take it through a natural progression we end up with trying to have the number one town and be number one in the west in our chosen profession

DeletedUser

i think that town vs town thing is very important, cuz it will give some importance for the dullers and the soldiers in this game, we really need that.

and we also needs something to happened to town, cuz think about it what will happen if all the buildings in the town is maxed what will builders do ?

So this is the goal at the moment? Builders maxing towns and start over to max other towns?:p

DeletedUser

no it's one of the goals that you need to have good buildings to help the players of the town, and all villages will get to the point that they have maxed villages, then where is the fun for the builders, they need to have something to do.

DeletedUser

Execly... I think there must be a war element in this game, like you.:D

DeletedUser

Building cost so much that if an attack could do much damage noone would bother building much of a town.

DeletedUser

Not war. Like they said, tribalwars are for tribalwars.

Does anyone ever figure that they still haven't finished everything?

There are gonna be more quests, and more stuff coming out. Right now destroying buildings WOULD probably destroy the town, I figure that most towns like mine only have three buildings of anylevel, the most being bank residence and general store.

It would have to be so minor of a hit that it wouldn't really be noticed, and the work to alter that in the programming would probably take another week to fully catch all the ramifications and weigh the actual uses for this.

DeletedUser

Not war. Like they said, tribalwars are for tribalwars.

Does anyone ever figure that they still haven't finished everything?

There are gonna be more quests, and more stuff coming out. Right now destroying buildings WOULD probably destroy the town, I figure that most towns like mine only have three buildings of anylevel, the most being bank residence and general store.

It would have to be so minor of a hit that it wouldn't really be noticed, and the work to alter that in the programming would probably take another week to fully catch all the ramifications and weigh the actual uses for this.

Yeah, personaly it would destroy all the fun, I really don't want it to be just another tribal wars.

DeletedUser

Destroying buildings outright would be ridiculous. I see at most it takes a few levels off of the building in relation to the buildings current level. Meaning if it was a low level building, only 1 level, higher levels maybe 2 or 3. Also, perhaps it could shut the building down for 12-24 hours.

But honestly, destroy buildings outright? The strongest town in the game would within a short time wipe every other town out in an attempt to eliminate the competition.

Perhaps a sustained campaign could reduce buildings way down to a very low level, but in a single shot? no

DeletedUser

Destroying buildings outright would be ridiculous. I see at most it takes a few levels off of the building in relation to the buildings current level. Meaning if it was a low level building, only 1 level, higher levels maybe 2 or 3. Also, perhaps it could shut the building down for 12-24 hours.

But honestly, destroy buildings outright? The strongest town in the game would within a short time wipe every other town out in an attempt to eliminate the competition.

Perhaps a sustained campaign could reduce buildings way down to a very low level, but in a single shot? no

Todally agree on this. But a few percentage and a max on attacks everyweek (something like 2 times a week) would be fun.

DeletedUser

And I still didn't get a answer about the goal of the game. As I see it now... the builders build the town to the max... and then? build a other city to the max... and then? again build a third city to the max? etc. etc.

DeletedUser

Building cost so much that if an attack could do much damage noone would bother building much of a town.

But if there are no real threats to builders, what's the joy in being a builder? That you are safe and can go on building you're little town without ever worrying that someone or something might come and destroy the town?
Players loose money in duels, why wouldn't builders loose buildings in fights?

If The West is supposed to be a RPG in a western setting, I would like to see some "destroying of buildings", i.e. you could put in a "molotov cocktail" to destroy percentages of level buildings. If you make it an item hard to require, this would ensure that towns are not burnt down to pieces: i.e. a player needs a combination of items (bottle, cotton, alcohol, match), a certain level, and a home town with a high level mortician (or shop).

DeletedUser

If you make it an item hard to require, this would ensure that towns are not burnt down to pieces: i.e. a player needs a combination of items (bottle, cotton, alcohol, match), a certain level, and a home town with a high level mortician (or shop).

Yes please! That's a brilliant compromise.

DeletedUser

Soon, or do they actually exist? Or do they visit every hundred years?

DeletedUser

But if there are no real threats to builders, what's the joy in being a builder? That you are safe and can go on building you're little town without ever worrying that someone or something might come and destroy the town?
Players loose money in duels, why wouldn't builders loose buildings in fights?

I'd consider that to be a little more fair if others could lose their weapons in a fight. I am mainly a builder in my town, but I probably face as much danger as anyone else there (more than some). I do other jobs for money toward buildings and quests, I do quests and I've been challanged to 4 duels. Why should I have to pay more for my losses than anyone else does?

DeletedUser

Hey all,

I also play the game TW and in that game we got one goal; destroying other players. I haven't seen a goal in this game. I think it would be good if towns could destroy buildings in other towns (like burning a level down or something like that). This way we do not only grow, there would also be a competition in the game.

1. this game isn't supposed to be like TW
2. if you want people to be able to destroy buildings in other peoples town the cost for a building would have to be lower. i mean when your just starting a town (like i am) it takes for freaking ever to build even one building. in TW it's extremely easy to build a building you just sit there and wait for your resources to build up and then build it. in this game you have to lvl your person up in a certain way to be able to make enough money doing the right job and slowly build up the money(which gets less and less every time you do the same job) and then you can build 5 or 6 construction points
3. I'm pretty sure the game isn't finished because new jobs pop up every now and then. so i'd wait until they finish everything they're working on and then see if the game needs to have the destroy other peoples towns feature