Town Dueling Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Then the town with the workers/fort fighters just needs to get duelers to protect them. That way more players become duelers instead of fort fighters like alot of people are becoming and it balances everything out.

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm talking about lame point-whoring duel wins vs. quality wins.

DeletedUser16008

My 2 pennies worth NO

Winning a duel and getting a KO on an adventurer is a piece of cake so the system dosnt need to be even more rewarding for something like that... certainly not 5 xtra points

As it stands Elmyr has hit the nail on the head KOs dont mean a good duel has happened... and KOs are like confetti to any dueling town especially the 0 motive ones ...

Actually the whole town point system is messed up as it is.... 10000 for a fort ?? come on ... Dueling points on a town are as it is all too easy to rack up if the town 0 motivate duels....

5 points for a duel is enough already and you want 5 for a KO on a worker etc ??? Naaa i dont agree there.

Now if there was a real point system on a players class or/and lvl then it would at least be more accurate on performance..

Say base points for a win depending on the class dueled.

Soldier 5
Dueler 5
Adven 3
Worker 3

Add 1 point per 5 REAL lvls ABOVE yours to reflect the achievement upto say 40 lvls so a maximum of 8 extra points

Give KO bonus of 5 points ONLY on those 5 REAL lvls ABOVE the winner.

Oh and while at it you LOSE all those points at the same rate on a loss.

AND it should be visible on a players record so we can see who is hitting what kind of targets, it would make things very interesting to see who can really duel and who cant :)

Something like that anyway to make duels more meaningful at least.

Especially a 0 motive dueling town don't need to try and gain more dueling points with KOs that quite honestly are a poor reflection on a towns dueling capability. With golden weapons ,its far too easy to ko almost anyone at lvl 64 with a golden in hand.

Sooner or later you have to move on from just hitting any target if you want to push the dueling and climb ever higher leveling up at 0 motivation but not avoiding it. To me thats what 0 motive means, not hitting a simple target all the time & always staying ultra low lvl forever and caning anything you touch because you never go higher and most threats are out of your range... Ultimately unless you duel across the range of lvls big and small it dosnt really mean that much... which is why the dueling lvl system is also flawed.

Anyways sorry to burst a lot of 0 motivation duelers bubbles here but this one isnt looking for a cheap way of gaining another 5000 points for his town "just because" youll have to give me a far better reason that anyone here has so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2474

I know that there are a few people claiming this is purely for towns full of zero motivation duelers. It's not. And the bonus of 5 points for a KO is not overly biased as there is already a protection against abuse in that the same target can't be dueled by anyone for 48hrs. So if a town clocks up a lot of KO's then at the moment all they are doing is hurting themselves. I know it can become hard to track down targets who are worth hitting the higher level you get and i agree in some ways that there should be a protection of some sort for people much lower who have boosted their dueling motivation to a point where they are the target of everyone. But at this stage there isn't. What there is, is a count in the Mortician which already exists for a towns KO's. It has always been there. So why not add an existing feature to the scoring?

DeletedUser

I despise zero motivation dueling and the players and towns that ***** wins. Add points for KOs, and they'll be even worse. "We has come to KO your workers! Give us points points points omg points!"

some people dont like 0% motivation duelers, and some people dont like fort fighters that hide behind the masses ignoring orders for that almighty extra couple xp points

DeletedUser16008

I know that there are a few people claiming this is purely for towns full of zero motivation duelers. It's not. And the bonus of 5 points for a KO is not overly biased as there is already a protection against abuse in that the same target can't be dueled by anyone for 48hrs. So if a town clocks up a lot of KO's then at the moment all they are doing is hurting themselves. I know it can become hard to track down targets who are worth hitting the higher level you get and i agree in some ways that there should be a protection of some sort for people much lower who have boosted their dueling motivation to a point where they are the target of everyone. But at this stage there isn't. What there is, is a count in the Mortician which already exists for a towns KO's. It has always been there. So why not add an existing feature to the scoring?

Not picking on the 0 motivation towns Byron mine is as you know one of them... however I would suggest it is indeed far too easy to KO people & if you have to wait 48 hrs and find another target tough, our kind of towns dont need the extra points and people dont need an extra award for a simple thing until something is done about how easy it is to KO players. Its not our fault, its a design problem brought on by the super weapons but it does need to be addressed .... if a town of has the wish to clock up points just for the sake of points then maybe what the duelers need to do is not go for the KO and use regular weapon where a more powerful one isn't required. Im sure there are plenty of duelers out there who spank a builder to death with a golden gun when all thats required was a revolver.

I see no reason why they cant just add a column for KOs on rankings for a town and also make the rankings dependent on what column you click to see what town is #1 etc ...

Lets be honest the ranking tables of a town arnt really reflective across the board most of the time and a top dueling town rarely has the most forts etc etc so why not make the ranking tables reflect that and varied depending on what a town wishes to excel at ?

DeletedUser

Maybe the concept of town points is not very clear for all these YES-men.
As I understand it from the game, the town points are only considered when the town wishes to build or to conquer a fort. To own a bigger fort, the town needs to be bigger (in points).
A bigger town means more buildings (and perhaps more members), not more dueler results.
A "more famous" town may be based on dueler results, as a small but powerful gang home, but not a "big town".
Perhaps a new town concept should be proposed for those players avid for dueler fame.
If this idea gets implemented, it means a whole change in the use of "town points" concept.
It might mean that a small town inhabited by only a few big level duelers could quickly become powerful enough to have a big fort. That is somewhat illogical, and maybe even abusive towards the actual game concepts.
That is why I place my humble NO.

DeletedUser22575

Maybe the concept of town points is not very clear for all these YES-men.
As I understand it from the game, the town points are only considered when the town wishes to build or to conquer a fort. To own a bigger fort, the town needs to be bigger (in points).
A bigger town means more buildings (and perhaps more members), not more dueler results.
A "more famous" town may be based on dueler results, as a small but powerful gang home, but not a "big town".
Perhaps a new town concept should be proposed for those players avid for dueler fame.
If this idea gets implemented, it means a whole change in the use of "town points" concept.
It might mean that a small town inhabited by only a few big level duelers could quickly become powerful enough to have a big fort. That is somewhat illogical, and maybe even abusive towards the actual game concepts.
That is why I place my humble NO.

Town points also affect town rankings.

DeletedUser

Rewarding a town for KOs is rewarding griefing. If griefing floats your boat, then KOs are their own reward. Implementing points for it, thus actively encouraging it, goes way too far.

DeletedUser22575

Rewarding a town for KOs is rewarding griefing. If griefing floats your boat, then KOs are their own reward. Implementing points for it, thus actively encouraging it, goes way too far.

Dueling is part of this game and Ko's are part of dueling just like taking forts is part of fort fighting. When you look at the points for taking a fort versus the time it takes up for a fort battle and then look at how long it takes to make the same points dueling there is a huge imbalance that needs to be corrected here.

DeletedUser22575

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=41502

SO what has exactly has changed from the last time?

I see nothing different yet in the concept.. of giving 5 points for each KO.

What is different?

Indeed it was already suggested but I have given him permission to post this again as it's been a few months and I'm pretty sure this idea would pass.

@Byron lol @ this many replies and I let you post it 13 hours ago... :p

^^^^ this i guess. And looking and the number of positive responses so far it looks like JonofTheWest is correct.

DeletedUser

yeah its not that it didn't pass because too many people didn't like it, it just didn't get enough voters, I say put it up again.

DeletedUser25632

^^^^ this i guess. And looking and the number of positive responses so far it looks like JonofTheWest is correct.

While I get that it would pass, I think there should be some needed changes, perhaps not 5 Points per KO but something different. It shouldn't be exactly the same idea because if it doesn't pass this time, it's probably gonna have to be thrown on the do not suggest list and you wont see this idea posted again.

DeletedUser

That has absolutely nothing to do with this. I'm talking about lame point-whoring duel wins vs. quality wins.

Yes it does. A town that has good duelers that protects its workers will spawn quality duels when it protects its workers from duelers dueling them. I know that you may say that lower levels will just 0 motivate and KO workers with no duelers in their range to duel them, but personally I'm not a fan of the whole duel level system, and being a 0 mot dueler still takes alot of work and time to do (constantly scheduling duels, and etc.).

Really? KOing someone is "griefing"? I don't know about you, but stealing someones hard built fort is also a form of griefing that rewards points. Yet its a part of the game and shouldn't be changed obviously. Being KO'd ,in my experiences, isn't as tragic as losing your towns main fort. So why would you classify KOing as a worse form of griefing than fort fighting and taking away the advantage of points from dueling?

I see no reason why they cant just add a column for KOs on rankings for a town and also make the rankings dependent on what column you click to see what town is #1 etc ...

Lets be honest the ranking tables of a town arnt really reflective across the board most of the time and a top dueling town rarely has the most forts etc etc so why not make the ranking tables reflect that and varied depending on what a town wishes to excel at ?

IMO there should be 3 or 4 top town rankings. One for overall points, one for fort points, one for dueling points, and maybe one for building points. Then you wouldnt have to be a fort whoring town in order to have your town in the rankings.

DeletedUser2474

Im not entirely sure how best to change this idea. It failed the first time because there were almost no voters. That doesn't look like it will be the case this time.

The only real other option is to separate the rankings by different settings. Overall points, forts, dueling (including KO's), players (so high level players in towns can make for a big score). If this happened then im sure if you didn't like the sight of the KO's and dueling points messing with your domination through forts then you could simply check the fort option when looking at the rankings. Or you could work harder on taking forts to come out on top with the overall points. The reason i didn't suggest this though is that it would be a major change to the coding for the game. It could easily be made a separate suggestion if it hasn't already and i would be happy to vote for it. But this improvement i have suggested is a simple code taking advantage of a pre-existing value that we all get to see when we check the mortician. I would be highly surprised if it failed to achieve the required 80% this time but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.