Town Dueling Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2474

Proposal: Receive 5 town points for (opponents K.O'd - Members K.O'd) as well as the 5 points for the win.
This is to be based on the difference so a +10 duels and +5 KO = 75 points while a +10 duels and a - 5 KO = 25points.

Current Workaround: As it stands there is no workaround. You can see the number of KO's a town has dealt and also received in the Mortician but the KO's don't effect the game rankings in any way apart from keeping people from being dueled for 48hrs.

Details: When the town dueling records are in the positive, and a member K.O's an opponent the town should receive 5 points for the duel AND 5 points for the K.O, additionally. These extra points will only be received if you have more opponents K.O'd then members (same as dueling). Resulting in 10 town points for a K.O. on an opponent.

Abuse Prevention: There is no abuse involved as a KO already occurs when a dueling target loses all it's health. This then prevents the attacker from hitting that target for 48hrs which is the biggest safety of all.

Visual aids: There really isn't much you can do with visual aids for this. It is simple mathamatics.

Summery: A duel between two players requires a winner and a loser just like fort battles and NPC duels. The outcome of a PC duel though has an extra penalty for the loser if they are KO'd. Since there is a differentation between a loss and a KO why is there no benefit to the winner for this outcome. A simple count on a Mortician isn't enough to show the extra abilities for duelers who either through persistance or simple ability manage to get a KO.

Administration: Does this Idea meet the Ideas Guidelines and criteria? Yes
Does this Idea appear anywhere on the previously suggested ideas list? Yes, but with approval has been allowed to be suggested again to find out if opinions have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

NO.
I am sorry, that seems an idea to build a gang of robbers, not to develop a town.
A town grows by developing the buildings, not by robbing and killing people...
In the same idea, a town might also grow by points added for: won fortbattles, accomplished missions, etc.
On the other hand, buildings are durable and they remain in town.
While a KO is an individual accomplishment of one player dueling another,
and it leaves nothing durable in the town. If the player leaves the town,
does he carry his KO points with him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
I like half of the idea.

I like the part of the 5 points for a ko. But don't like the 5 points for winning the duel.

I think it should work on the difference of the ko'd opponents to ko'd members not just how many ko's the town has.
What this means is that 5 points can also be lost if a member is ko'd so it makes it a bit more fair for the towns that are already on negative difference.
Of course the points can't go lower than the level that the town is built up to though. For example- 49800 points if the town is fully built.

Sorry for partly stealing and recreating your idea but if it worked like that, i'd vote yes.

DeletedUser2474

I can clarify the points for a KO for you sambee. The idea is that you would gain 5 points for every +diferrence for both KO's and Duels instead of just the duels as it is now. We are already losing out on being able to gain points from dueling after a KO because the person is safe for 48hrs. It doesn't add anything to the dueling or to the town growth that isn't already there. All it changes is the way those results are added to the existing points tally.

And elvarro. You are already getting points for fort victories. For a large fort which is fully constructed you are getting 19,700 points. This goes to the town that owns the fort. So a town which has spent all its time and effort in obtaining fort materials and building up the fort gets nothing out of it if the fort is then taken away from them. So in that case the benefit goes to the town taking the fort not the one building.

DeletedUser

I vote yes!

it would also be nice to get the odd occasional item drop for duels as well, duelers work as hard as fort fighters. As a result don't usually last as long in battles and don't get many drops. obviously the amounts of drops can be significantly lower as you can duel any time.
but apart from adding town point money isn't easy to come by.

DeletedUser2474

I think that simply adding the coding to put KO's which are already mapped in the Mortician would be fairly simple compared to trying to code in some random drop for duelers. I personally don't believe duelers need a random drop item as they can still do jobs to find things if that's what they are after.

DeletedUser

Yes! I have 500+ KOs ready to help boost The Bandits to where they belong: #1

Status
Not open for further replies.