Third World Countries

DeletedUser

This is Debate and Discussion.

Perhaps I shouldn't have said that Christians don't force their beliefs on others. The Catholics did a great deal of that during the inquisitions. However, the Catholics aren't Christians in my book.

Here's the Muslims for you, John. This isn't even in a "Muslim" country:
345-muslim-outrage.jpg

Fitting cartoon:
6a00d8341c5d0b53ef00e54f6614068833-800wi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And here would be some Christians in America. I believe its been put forth that America is a Christian country (which it is not).

westboro.jpg

westboro.jpg

phelpsigns2yn4.jpg

Isn't it nice they get their children involved. I particularly like the "Thank God for dead soldiers", "God hates America" and "Thank God for Sept. 11" signs.

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
There's extreme ignorance on both sides (in general). I think that's why Westerners were so shocked by the Iranian election videos, because they got to see normal Muslims.

A Christian missionary once told me that those who never get to hear the message of Jesus will automatically go to heaven, a doubt that's ever going to make sense.

I don't know if I'll ever donate to a charity but if I do well I hope I'll travel to somewhere and help with the food, water or power supply (or whatevers best), if I do very well I'll see if I can work with their government, I believe something similar has been done by the owner of a supermarket chain. If I don't do well then I fail :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

It isn't right to classify all Muslim's as terrorists, and nor is it right to classify all Christians as hate-mongers.

DeletedUser

the Catholics aren't Christians in my book.
What an incredibly small and useless book you must guide yourself by.
Fortunately for me, I am open to many books, and have a reasonable understanding of the world, based on a variety of sources and views.

DeletedUser

My apologies to you Virginia. I was not trying to label Christians as hate mongers. Just showing JM that if he is going to throw up some pictures of radicals in one religious group that anyone can make a point by doing the same with another. JM had no point with that post except to blanket all Muslims with the radical tag.

DeletedUser

It's not right to classify some Muslims as terrorists, nor even some as hate-mongers. Careful how you word things, lest your goal is to show the color of your prejudices.

It is the manner and presentation of this issue that tainted the direction of these discussions, and it is this that prompted debate on religion. The disclaimer you, Virginia, added to your initial post was not sufficient to remove the color of the video, of your history, nor of the suspicions as to your motives in this thread.

I do agree there is a great need to do something about the problem, but there is a greater need to determine the cause of the problem, so that the symptoms will be less and thus the help provided will serve a greater percentage. As it is, much of these problems are due to wars initiated for power and wealth. Greed fosters the problem, and it is the 1st world nations that foster the greed.

We have a problem far greater than the lack of assistance, and it is the lack of empathy. Corporations, those with the finances to rock the world, those looking to make the greatest profit, plant the seeds to the exploitation of land and people. It is the investors to these corporations, those geared to gain a profit, that back the unscrupulous actions of these corporations whose main goal it is to increase the profit margin, which in turn entices more investors.

But there is another angle that influences these problems, and that is the consumer. While corporations may be attempting to increase profit margins, overall profit is an even greater factor. And so, as long as consumers are unwilling to determine just how these corporations do business, and instead look to saving themselves a buck or two in their shopping choices, those corporations providing the lowest price will continue the exploitation, irregardless of the indigenous human outcome.

And, within those exploited lands, those unscrupulous sorts who provide the means to exploit, will continue to do so, to the detriment of the land, the animals, and the people. Starvation, murder, rape and slavery in the modern world --- it doesn't start at the bottom.

We --- are at fault. So, claiming to do good by providing assistance is still a denial of the greater bad we have done by fostering, even initiating, the problem. It is not right to claim righteousness, when so much wrong lies within our hands to change.

DeletedUser

Denisero said:
My apologies to you Virginia. I was not trying to label Christians as hate mongers. Just showing JM that if he is going to throw up some pictures of radicals in one religious group that anyone can make a point by doing the same with another. JM had no point with that post except to blanket all Muslims with the radical tag.
I understand. =)

DeletedUser

Wich was exactly my first thought once I saw the horsecrap JM posted.
This is the interwebs, there is an unlimited supply of idiots from every faith and background.

Thanks for posting the pics Dee, that way I don't have to :D

DeletedUser

Name one "Third World" country that's predominantly white.
Costa Rica. 77% White.

The fact that they're the Happiest and most eco-friendly people on earth, and have abolished their army is irrelevant. It is a 3rd World country.

DeletedUser

Despite plenty of examples of white-predominant nations, I do agree with Elmyr that the title of "third world" is insulting.

You read into things way too much.
Was it your intent to undermine the point of my post, or were you just so obsessed with your own failed message that you didn't realize just how your comment would be interpreted?

DeletedUser

Hellstromm said:
Was it your intent to undermine the point of my post, or were you just so obsessed with your own failed message that you didn't realize just how your comment would be interpreted?
Neither, Hellstromm.