Think about adding this to all towns

DeletedUser

That's a well-known case, although far from the best example of police abuse (but let's not get arguing over that incident). It's also rather old now... but I'm not disagreeing with you, ultimately.

As it happens, I went through S. central LA very shortly before that time. It was weird. A story for another day, though; wouldn't be as good to write it as it is to tell it in person. :p

DeletedUser

That's a well-known case, although far from the best example of police abuse (but let's not get arguing over that incident). It's also rather old now... but I'm not disagreeing with you, ultimately.

As it happens, I went through S. central LA very shortly before that time. It was weird. A story for another day, though; wouldn't be as good to write it as it is to tell it in person. :p

I know, it's very old now, but it's probably the best, most publicized examples. There are plenty more recent examples, especially overuse of tasers, sometimes amounting more to torture than subduing a person. Of course any of these are bad examples for the "protection racket" comment.

DeletedUser

okk... this is really diverting from the path. can we come back to what we were suppose to be talking about?