The West Newspaper

DeletedUser

Are there still spots available in the magazine team? I'd really like to write for it and I have a few ideas and can always come up with some more. I'm also good at putting others' ideas in writing so just let me know if you can still use someone. I would probably mainly be focusing on World 2 and maybe 8 but I also want to write about general things in the game. =)

DeletedUser

So what is happening with the paper and where will it appear? What happens to articles and stuff that get sent to Gem and Phil?

DeletedUser

I'm guessing Gem and Phil are taking over the paper. I would expect the next issue of the paper to be released at the end of December since they already have all the stuff for it from before. I would think only a select few of the articles are actually put into the paper, the ones that are best written.

DeletedUser

i really like the game so far, it is the best game i've ever played. i have made heaps of friends and i really like the quests. my home town is called lorien and i think it is the best town ever. all the people are friendly and we built the town up as much as possible. i log on almost every day and i do all i can to help. i am the type of person that dose not stop intill i get the job done. look i think i would be good for a writter becuase i write the newspapper for my school. i have been into writting ever sence i was 5. i am THE best writter in my school. i think that if get to write in the west newspapper, i could really help. i am already looking for a job that involves writting. my mean point is that you sould really give me the job.
well i have done 13 sentences including this one and i have no other reasons why i should get to write for you
Pertld :cool:

DeletedUser

TO PHIL OR GEM for consideration into the "Broken Saddle Newspaper

From Vespar of The town of Weeping Willow of World 10

Latest from Weeping Willow

Late Friday, 3 men dressed in Black and wearing bandanas to cover thier faces, robbed old man Simpson's Bank, stealing over 1200 dollars. They were met with gunfire coming out the the bank. The sheriff was wounded and both deputies were killed. Two of the robbers were also killed but the leader got away with the loot. He left town headed due East.
It was later determined that the leader was "Smart Bart" Jackson , a former member of the "Tom and Jerry gang."Idenification was determined from the boasting he made during the robbery. The Cattleman's Association have offered a 500 dollar reward. There was no organized posse, although after hearing of the reward a handful of drunks cattlemen headed off due West.
Saturday was another typical end of the week, gunplay in the streets, fights in and around the saloon and typical wife or husband beating, with the sheriff laid up healing, the weekend seemed a little more rambunctious than usual but the only death reported was "Crybaby Cliff" our local drunk that got his foot caught in a spittoon and broke his neck on a nearby chair when he fell. His widow, Maude, was called to the saloon to claim the body but when she got there, she picked up a chair leg and began to beat his dead body on his head and neck until a group of men were able to pull her off.. She was dragged from the saloon screaming "Throw his body out back and let the dogs eat him." No wake is expected.
The doctor has said that the Sheriff would heal up nicely but would always walk with a limp. The Town Council has decided that it wouldn't look good for a gimpy-legged sheriff to try to chase the boys of the town for throwing rocks, so they are considering hiring a new Sheriff and 2 new deputies, No one in our town wants the jobs, I guess they will look elsewhere.
Two Cowpokes road into town to report that they had been waylaid and robbed at Baker's Crossroad, just South of town by 5 men. They said that as the robbers left their belongings behind and their money was found in the saddlebags that fell off one of the robbers horse. This seems to be another attempt of the “Tom and Jerry Gang” to make at least one sucessful robbery.