The West Newspaper

DeletedUser1105

A few months ago, the possibility of publishing a monthly The West Newspaper for the .net server was discussed on these forums. The majority of people felt this was a good idea.

A public vote was held to decide on the name of this paper and the winner was "The Broken Saddle". Work has been going on in the background, and this newspaper is now ready to be produced.

Gem has created a template for the newspaper and it is ready to go. There is an exclusive forum for newspaper staff to post and work on each edition.

We are looking to assemble a team of journalists to work on this newspaper and create articles, conduct interviews and dig up interesting snippets, screenshots and comments from The West game and also these forums.

We are also looking for someone to create and submit a monthly cartoon for the newspaper, so if you are interested please do get in touch.

If you are interested in contributing please either reply in this thread or send me a PM.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I could do a little "West Jobs Background Info" column, where I'd write about some historical aspects of some jobs in The West. Especially the Indian-themed jobs (trading with indians, selling guns to indians, peace negotiations).

I'd do a new job every month. But nothing long.

DeletedUser

Id Like to do some like current events on major things going on. Id need some help with that though. Cant keep track of all the squares at once. Stuff on W7 and W9 I could do.

DeletedUser

I've been known to write on occasion. I'd be interested in knowing more about what topics will be discussed, and in what format. Great concept; I can't wait to see where it goes!

DeletedUser

i have some littel EXP so littel ! just if you need help iam ready to help:indian:

DeletedUser1105

Thanks to everyone who was interested. I think we have pretty much got the newspaper team together now, but I am still accepting content off people who want to be involved by maybe can't commit to doing it every issue.

Please PM me if you want to write something for the paper. You could let me know your ideas for articles or I could give you some ideas.

Also, if you spot anything funny or any good duel reports please PM me the link.

DeletedUser8312

Someone needs to do an interview on me. That should be a top priority

DeletedUser

can i apply for journalist, i am doing journalism in university.I am will do my bests to put as much as information in it, i will also put the web news in it to make it more efficent and used the titles that were used in those time including

Mayor shot!!!
or
Bank robbed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i love the idea, em and i cant wait for the first issue? any speculations as to when it might be?

DeletedUser

is it going to be in the game like when you do selling newspapers you only get it or you buy it

DeletedUser1105

is it going to be in the game like when you do selling newspapers you only get it or you buy it

No. Not at all. :D

It's going to be placed online and then I will publish a link to it so you can go and read it.

DeletedUser12008

gr8 idea, somebody interview me as well :D.
Title may be
"Rise and Fall of a pauper" or "Aesthetic dueler" or "Marxist solider" :laugh:

DeletedUser

I've always wanted to be a journalist. And I'll see what I can do for the comics...