Script The-West .] FULLSCREEN [. v.0.1 BETA

DeletedUser

I just tried this script and it royally screws up the game display:

- it appears that the author assumed everybody uses screen at least 1024 or so pixels wide so half of right hand menu and some icons are off-screen on smaller displays

- in 50% of cases I got big black rectangle below chat window, which went away after some tinkering with F5 (refresh) key and turning GM on and off, while trying to adjust the size of chat window

- menu positioning should be realtive to screen size, not fixed; at lower resolutions menus end up covering significant portion of the map; besides, sticking them in top left and top right corner would leave the most map real estate uncluttered

Nice idea though, but the implementation still needs some serious polishing.

DeletedUser

I just tried this script and it royally screws up the game display:

- it appears that the author assumed everybody uses screen at least 1024 or so pixels wide so half of right hand menu and some icons are off-screen on smaller displays

- in 50% of cases I got big black rectangle below chat window, which went away after some tinkering with F5 (refresh) key and turning GM on and off, while trying to adjust the size of chat window

- menu positioning should be realtive to screen size, not fixed; at lower resolutions menus end up covering significant portion of the map; besides, sticking them in top left and top right corner would leave the most map real estate uncluttered

Nice idea though, but the implementation still needs some serious polishing.

You can talk to me like I am here, you know... And rather then complaining, why don't you just tell me that there are errors and I will fix them?

I stated clearly in my original post that this is a BETA VERSION, and that I understand there are going to be some errors like this along the way.

Now, since you clearly have an understanding somewhat of computers... Why don't you provide me with some further information, so that instead of just having to deal with complaints, I can deal with an actual bug report?

Browser + Version:
Resolution:
GreaseMonkey Version:

Furthermore, had you read any of the previous posts on this topic, you would know that one of the things you are experiencing is a known bug and I'm working on fixing it. There ARE however some VERY easy steps you may take to avoid this...

Either:
A) Press F11 twice quickly when you load the game window.
B) SINGLE click the chat bar resize button.

I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience for you to have to perform a single mouse click OR two keystrokes. Most people don't mind doing this while I am figuring out what is wrong with the starting resolution of the map.

Secondly, as far as the Right Navigation menu appearing off the screen... Some pictures of this would GREATLY help me in determining the problem.

I am going to try and recreate your issues the best I can, but without confirmation of Browser version numbers ect. I can only "Poke and Hope" at the problem.

DeletedUser

I've noticed that i can not drag map if my initial click is on top of the page between my avatar on the left and action picture on the right. Need to start dragging from place below of them.

Is it just me or its a bug?

DeletedUser

I've noticed that i can not drag map if my initial click is on top of the page between my avatar on the left and action picture on the right. Need to start dragging from place below of them.

Is it just me or its a bug?

That bug is an unavoidable inconvenience :(

To fix the bug, I would have to remove both the character avatar and bars, AND the current task / money display... The reason for this is because of the way the current GUI of the game (unmodified) is drawn. These elements of the page are INSIDE of an element that draws some of the game graphics. To make this portion of the screen invisible so that the map could be extended further, I removed the background colors and images.

To make this area clickable, I would have to COMPLETELY disable this portion of the game window. Thus, removing the Character avatar ect...

Weighing the pro's and con's of this issue, I decided it would be less of an inconvenience to learn where you can and can not click at the very top of the screen then to remove your health / experience / energy bars and everything else in this portion of the game window.

I can release a version with this area clickable, but you will be losing everything I mentioned above...

Sorry :sad:

DeletedUser

@Arnulf - Regarding the RESOLUTION issue...

it appears that the author assumed everybody uses screen at least 1024 or so pixels wide so half of right hand menu and some icons are off-screen on smaller displays

1024x768 WITH fullscreen mod.

Works perfectly fine for me... WITH the fullscreen mod...

800x600 WITHOUT fullscreen mod

So let us see what the ONLY size lower then 1024 pixels does, when playing The-West WITHOUT my fullscreen mod? Oops... for some reason it looks like your right navigation menu is off the screen? That's strange... especially because 800x600 is such a common resolution used in 2010. </sarcasm>

Next time you go ranting about how something doesn't work, post screenshots. Also, until you confirm your FireFox versions I am assuming this isn't even a bug at all.

As you can see, using the fullscreen mod on 1024x768 works PERFECTLY fine... while viewing The-West on 800x600 WITHOUT the fullscreen mod, it is STILL pushed off to the right.... so before you go complaining to me like this is a lack of MY "implementation" again... Do so when you aren't using a resolution that hasn't been fully supported for 9+ years.

DeletedUser8627

Uhm, I'm having a little issue here.

When I try install the script I get the source and not the installation. Any reason for this?

EDIT - Nevermind, would help if I enable Greasemonkey...

DeletedUser

Usually that is caused when you don't have GreaseMonkey enabled.

Click Tools
Hover over Greasemonkey
If the "Enabled" button on top is unchecked, click it.

If it is already enabled... I will have to look into that.

EDIT: Guess you already figured that out :p

Is it working properly for you?

DeletedUser

UPDATE:

Fixed 2 minor bugs.

large.png

Fixed a bug where the mini-map was appearing under the navigation menu.

Also fixed the bug where the Game Info and Server Time wasn't displaying.

Please update to the most recent version.

(Sorry Da Twista, you decided to check it out while I was updating :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

[spoil]
Unless you are using a mobile device which probably won't support scripts or work with The West anyway, then yes well over 99% of people use 1024x768 or greater resolution. If you are really using 800x600 you really should get a new monitor.[/spoil]
Peter, is there any possibility you could adjust or create a similar script for Chrome? Userscripts usually work extremely well with Chrome, however the copy of the script I downloaded about an hour ago seems to be missing a couple of things (most notably the "centre on x" buttons and "help/forum/logout" buttons).

The screenshots below are from my Chrome (Beta) and Firefox (latest version). My operating system is Windows 7 (x64).
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3936/fscript1.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/4248/fscript2.jpg

Two other notes:
  • I get the "no fullscreen" error, even if an updated Firefox. (The double f11 and resize chat fixes both work.) I assume it is the x64 bit operating system?
  • The slider which resizes the chat window lies above all my windows, even in Firefox. (Could it be one of my addons or is it also linked to the OS?)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

@ Diggo11:

Is your chat resize bar really appearing over ALL the windows? I understand it should be over the extra navigational buttons, as I have done this on purpose. Until I can fix the map error where it isn't stretching all the way to the bottom, I wanted to make sure people of all resolutions were able to grab that bar. If the navigation buttons are over the resize bar, there would be no way (other then if the F11 trick works for you) to fix the visual breakup.

EDIT:

And as far as chrome, I will take a look at some cross-browser compatibility issues and try and find some workarounds to add support for Chrome. This is not a guarantee, as I've never worked with chrome before... but I understand that more and more people are choosing chrome over FireFox, I want to try and provide this script to as many people as possible.

Updates on a possible Chrome version will be announced soon - just let me do some research and toying around with things.

Diggo11

Is your chat resize bar really appearing over ALL the windows? I understand it should be over the extra navigational buttons, as I have done this on purpose. Until I can fix the map error where it isn't stretching all the way to the bottom, I wanted to make sure people of all resolutions were able to grab that bar. If the navigation buttons are over the resize bar, there would be no way (other then if the F11 trick works for you) to fix the visual breakup.
Hehe well I don't have any navigational buttons anyway at the moment :razz:

Anyway, yes it is showing over all windows. May not be Chrome though as I mentioned, may be the x64 bit operating system, as the same seems to be happening in Firefox too (however I do get the navigation buttons in Firefox).

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7024/fscript3.jpg

And as far as chrome, I will take a look at some cross-browser compatibility issues and try and find some workarounds to add support for Chrome. This is not a guarantee, as I've never worked with chrome before... but I understand that more and more people are choosing chrome over FireFox, I want to try and provide this script to as many people as possible.

Updates on a possible Chrome version will be announced soon - just let me do some research and toying around with things.
Thanks. 99% of my other "Userscripts" work fine Chrome, so whilst I have little experience here I'd think it wouldn't be too complex.

DeletedUser

Just one more question before I start looking into this further (need something to research while drinking my coffee):

Can you confirm you are using the proper supported versions of FireFox and GreaseMonkey? I know I sound redundant when asking that... but it is the only way to ensure that I can try and recreate the problem you are experiencing. If I can't recreate it, I'm shooting in the dark at problems I can't see if they are getting fixed or not.

Thanks Diggo :)

Diggo11

Just one more question before I start looking into this further (need something to research while drinking my coffee):

Can you confirm you are using the proper supported versions of FireFox and GreaseMonkey? I know I sound redundant when asking that... but it is the only way to ensure that I can try and recreate the problem you are experiencing. If I can't recreate it, I'm shooting in the dark at problems I can't see if they are getting fixed or not.

Thanks Diggo :)
Code:
Firefox 3.6.2 {Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)}

Chrome 5.0.342.8 {Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.342.8 Safari/533.2}

Greasemonkey {0.8.20100211.5}

Windows 7 (x64)
Hope that helps :)

DeletedUser

Width

using windows 7 and up to date firefox
doesnot go to full size as in your demo
any ideas?

DeletedUser

using windows 7 and up to date firefox
doesnot go to full size as in your demo
any ideas?

Did you follow ALL the instructions, including changing your map settings to "Maximum Screen Size"?

I can't help you with ANYTHING unless I see a screenshot...

DeletedUser21816

ok will try it out.

OK, seems to work :)

Seems like i have full screen and buttons and then both separatly.

DeletedUser

it doesnt look good, at least at me.
the map starts from all the way up the screen and it goes only till the half of it. unless I scroll the chat(which goes down leaving the map intact) it look realy odd, and considering I never use the chat...