- Install The Script
- Set your "Map Settings" to "Maximize Screen"
mapsettings.png

Features:

- Full Screen Map
- Cleared GUI
- Navigational Buttons
You may need to disable existing scripts if you
already have Navigational Buttons enabled.
(I only included this because I have fixed the old script)

Enjoy!

Please note that this is the first release, and while
it is working perfectly fine on my test system, there
may still be bugs. If you find any visual errors or
anything else that may be a problem, please don't
hesitate to post in the Discussion at UserScripts

Change Log:

3/27/2010:
- Released to Public

3/28/2010:
- Fixed Chat Drag box appearing over some buttons on small resolutions

3/29/2010:
- Fixed "Go To Fort" menu appearing invisible and behind the Navigation Menu

3/30/2010:
- Fixed the current job so that it is more easily visible over certain parts of the map.
large.png

4/1/2010:
- Fixed a bug where the Mini-Map was being displayed under the Navigational Menu
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Game Information" and "Server Time" to disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Also, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not... but if this is against the rules just message me and I will take it down.

Anyone that wants to donate for my efforts put into this script (20+ hours), I have started a new alliance on w12 that needs funds for construction. If you would like to become a member and help us out with whatever you can financially, I would be greatly appreciative, as I am sure you are appreciative that I have released this to the public.

I originally was doing this just for my Fiance because her laptop monitor is kind of small and The-West game window only shows like an inch or two of vertical space for the game map.

DeletedUser

Thank you very much. Although i run into a little problem - my map takes only 2/3 of the page (the rest is seems to be reserved for chat) and fort list is at the top of window.

viewl.png

DeletedUser

One other person said they were experiencing the same problem... I think it might be a Windows XP related error, and I haven't been able to recreate it on my system or my fiance's laptop as we are running Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

There is a VERY easy workaround... just click on the bar that is used to drag the chat box, and it pushes the map back down to the bottom of the screen.

If this doesn't work, just keep resizing the chat box until the map fits the entire screen.

Let me know how that works for you. I'm glad you like it!

:)

EDIT:

I think I can confirm this is a Windows XP related error... one of my town members is reporting the same exact problem and he is also using windows XP. he followed the instructions I gave you and now it is working fine and the map has fit the full screen.

Let me know if this works for you, and in the mean time I will try to figure out what is causing it.

DeletedUser

Also, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this or not

Nuggets no (although if someone wants to show they're appreciation by sending you nuggets, that's their concern), real money, not in forums (although I think userscripts.org allows a paypal donate button, which is fine).

Game money is fine.

DeletedUser

No Elmyr you misunderstood me... I wasn't asking for nuggets, I was looking for contributions to my alliance's Town's funds.

We have about $2200 in each town as of this posting, but as you all know that doesn't last long with 4 dedicated builders.

Any contributions of game currency would be greatly appreciated.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions / questions / comments then PLEASE feel free to post either here or on the UserScripts discussion forum.

Thanks!

DeletedUser

One other person said they were experiencing the same problem... I think it might be a Windows XP related error, and I haven't been able to recreate it on my system or my fiance's laptop as we are running Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Wait... so it does work in Windows 7 (rather than being Firefox only?)

DeletedUser

Wait... so it does work in Windows 7 (rather than being Firefox only?)

Apples and Oranges......

FireFox = Browser
Windows 7 = Operating System

If your computer runs FireFox, it runs this modification. There may be various differences in how it may appear cross-platform... but I can only test this script on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Ubuntu 8.04.

I can't be 100% sure that the error that the user above posted is actually a Windows XP error as I cannot recreate the situation on my system... but one of my Alliance members has reported the same problem, and by following the instructions I have provided, the issue will resolve itself.

Feel free to keep the comments / questions coming... I'm always available for anything you might have to talk to me about.

Also, Let me know how you like the script! I need some feedback from you guys, so please let me know how you like it, and if there is anything you want changed / added.

Thanks!

DeletedUser

Had the same problem, i use XP.

Can you confirm that using the chat window resize bar to bring the chatbox down corrected the visual error?

If that is the case, I'm going to have to try and find a copy of WinXP somehow and find out what is causing this issue. It doesn't completely make sense to me as to why WinXP is having this issue but not Win7 or Vista... as the OS doesn't really have anything to do with how the browser (FireFox) renders the HTML of the webpage.

Can you also confirm that you are using FireFox version 3.6.2.xxx ?

Nonetheless, I will get right on finding a solution to this visual error.

DeletedUser

I use xp too. In a way it works - at a screenshot above you can see the bigger picture, after i've played with chat. At first map took only about 1/2 of the window.
And it has no effect to fort list view:

DeletedUser

I have the same problem, where it doesn't go all the way to the bottom. My quick fix is doubleclicking F11.

DeletedUser

Double clicking F11 did not work for me. Although full screen gives much better view (bigger). I use Mozilla with latest updates (3.6.2 yahoo edition, xp pro 32 bit with latest updates).

DeletedUser

And it has no effect to fort list view

What exactly is the "Fort List View" ?

Sorry, I might be a freelance software engineer for a living, but I've only been playing this game for a bit over a month and I have never been in a town that is involved with forts.

Is this Fort List View screen broken? I have absolutely no way to test it... perhaps I'll create an account on the BETA world and someone kind enough can send me an invite to a town that has forts? There would be no other way for me to fix that problem, as I can't physically see it for myself.

Regarding the map only showing up on half the screen (XP):

EVERYONE on XP is experiencing the same exact problem with the map only showing up on half the screen until resizing the chat box or double-tapping F11?

Again, to fix this I will need to find a way to get on a Windows XP machine... I was at my parents house over this weekend visiting for Palm Sunday and I got on to queue up my jobs, but I didn't even think to spend a few minutes looking at the problem to see if there is something staring me in the face that would cause XP to have this issue.

I'll see if I can visit them again sometime soon so I can get this issue sorted out for you guys.

Thanks for the input! I hope that other then having to lift your fingers and tap F11 twice when loading your game, you enjoy it? :ph34r:

DeletedUser

Double clicking F11 did not work for me. Although full screen gives much better view (bigger).

Have you tried using the chat box resize bar to drag it to the bottom of the screen? That has seemed to work for some of my alliance members that are having this same problem on XP.

Can you confirm this for me?

Thanks!

DeletedUser

What exactly is the "Fort List View" ?

Is this Fort List View screen broken? I have absolutely no way to test it... perhaps I'll create an account on the BETA world and someone kind enough can send me an invite to a town that has forts? There would be no other way for me to fix that problem, as I can't physically see it for myself. :ph34r:

Join W1 and write to me - i'll invite you to our town we have some forts.
In the last picture i've posted - fort list is behind my name.
As of dragging chat down - i cant literally drag it down - i lift those arrows and chat appears at the bottom. It increases map view a little (i'll post screen shots it you want to).

As of enjoyment - i really look forward to it! Even posted to out towns forum for ppl to see and use. :)

DeletedUser

Special thanks to lokiju for allowing me to join his town and figure out what was wrong with the "Go To Fort" menu.

large.png

The problem is now solved, so everyone please update your version of the script to the latest version as seen on UserScripts.

Thanks!

DeletedUser

UPDATE:

By request, I've changed the GUI a little bit. Some of you may have noticed that the "Current Job" listing that tells you what your character is currently working on is hard to see if it is over a Forest / Mountain ect...

I've added a small semi-transparent box around this and the Character Avatar / Health area.

large.png

Please update to the latest version of the script available at UserScripts.

Also, provide some feedback on how you like this update. Personally, and from the comments of my alliance members that are using the script, I've had positive response. I understand some people might not necessarily like the way this looks, but I felt as though it was more useful to have it there then not, because as you can see in the image, some spots are hardly visible.

Thanks!

DeletedUser

Anybody that installed during the last 5-10 minutes... Please re-install. I uploaded the wrong version. I've double checked it now and it should be the correct version.

Sorry for the inconvenience!