The West EN Census

Annie-Bell

think there would be want of new world if next world was permanent "classic world" .. i didnt go but was very aware alot of good feedback. Or alter some of those old worlds with no potential to be adapted to a permanet "classic world" for people to go.

Bob Baumeister

Of course, there's no need or desire for a World N.
You will find this kind of statement each and every year. And every time there is vast number of people agreeing to it. And still every year lots of people join the new world, including the people previously agreeing no new worlds are needed.

So I think it's safe to say that all this is just some strange ritual (let's call it tradition) we keep doing again and again with no honest expectation that something changes:huh: Just like we keep hoping Inno is providing some meaningful (big? *cough*) update, or the frequent complain that event XY started to late, or the hope that fort fights will be balanced:roll: Or the plea "TW is dying Inno has to do something"^^

DeletedUser15368

You will find this kind of statement each and every year. And every time there is vast number of people agreeing to it. And still every year lots of people join the new world, including the people previously agreeing no new worlds are needed.

So I think it's safe to say that all this is just some strange ritual (let's call it tradition) we keep doing again and again with no honest expectation that something changes:huh: Just like we keep hoping Inno is providing some meaningful (big? *cough*) update, or the frequent complain that event XY started to late, or the hope that fort fights will be balanced:roll: Or the plea "TW is dying Inno has to do something"^^
Then I have some exciting news to share: This is the first world that didn't experience a large influx of players at the beginning, only to retain about 2% of them.

Montana Total accounts: 5776
Montana lvl 40+ accounts: 646

Compared to LV or Kansas:

There's now pressure from both the players not wanting another world for all the legitimate reasons, and such a low account creation rate that it implies there's little interest anymore from outside the game.

DeletedUser15368

Can't edit my post, so here's a double post to protest that. I'm not breaking the rules if you make them impossible to follow.

think there would be want of new world if next world was permanent "classic world" .. i didnt go but was very aware alot of good feedback. Or alter some of those old worlds with no potential to be adapted to a permanet "classic world" for people to go.
They've killed "classic like" worlds with the fact all the gear is per-level and upgradable.
I am the biggest Classic fan you can imagine, and I would not play a "Classic" 2.xx world.

And if they could monetise the old game, I'm pretty sure they would have done so by now.

DeletedUser15368

A mod can combine these, I would have obviously just edited it into one post, but you are actively removing features from a dead forum and making it worse:

So the players are asking for no new world because it will kill the one they are playing on, a new world comes anyway, their world dies, and they are soft-forced to make an account on the new world to play, since the dead world won't have migration for 10 years. It doesn't seem hypocritical to me that people that don't want the new world eventually show up there after it kills their previous character.

DeletedUser15368

You all have sickness called wishful thinking:lol:
gesfApm.png

I don't doubt that I've wasted a lot of time typing on this forum for nothing, but for what it's worth, I've always been optimistic about the potential this game has, and for the last couple of days that I'm here, I don't see that changing.

The-West could be great again, but it won't with the wrong people in charge.

Thanatoss

@lulumcnoob its all maths... If they see sales dropping they will do something... Then the sales keep dropping they will do something big... When the sales rise they will stop till they drop again etc... Of course if the sales keep dropping and dropping the will pull out a union and bye bye or buy buy?

So don't give up my friend its a matter of time but they say time is money so maybe its just a matter of money

Rigs

Imagine InnoGames GmbH have around 500 employees and a revenue of $220+ million but they invest like 2% of this revenue back into games :no::lol:
Without mobile app or desktop app the west will be close to an end. No1 plays browser games seriously in 2023, also I think 95% of TW playerbase is the same like 2015-2016 playerbase so in few years maybe we gonna have ”Heaven and Hell The West” expansion?? Just 99.99$ for the expansion btw:lovetw:

Annie-Bell

Sorry but it will never happen. Apart from Colorado, every other world has less activity than Arizona. It is the world that more people will migrate to and not from (since Colorado is not open for migrations) and it is likely to host veterans from other markets like the .DK and .SE players. (wouldn't it be very interesting actually?)

What surprises me is that Juarez has still some decents battles, or at least, more decent that I would expect after M world opened.

Wander thru worlds to look for regular battles, world after world sigh no battles, some still having battles at different times the usual .. miss battles.

Yes agree panos, juarez was small, quiet happy little world that enjoyed daily battles big thanks to the good diplo relations of the two main alternative day digging forts teams. Saw attempt to have balance, AoW existing allance and the year old Viva side that had to start from square 1 (a tough task, but leaders worked well and Viva began to be regularly supported by other alliances. Forts, players and even AoW was divided up, where think fort ownership was close to equal then. Yeah was suprise to see juarez too panos. World did well tho small,, i think as did have a nice pool of independents that went back and forth and made it work (something to consider in worlds?). Viva leader has stepped down,, alot of us were rallying for him (hugs bonnie, helen, canu independents, that leaders'own team). Migration did have impact (as always does) and opposition under New Managment and hope to regain same type of good diplo relations . We have seen decrease in battles, even last 2-3 days no battles which makes us sad :( but hope to keep it going. I liked graph above but suspect next graph will see impact of some changes in juarez

Seen so many efforts by many players in worlds, so lets not forget to appreciate that. We are seeing game wind down and wish could do more .. no other game like this.

Heard that dakota is picking up bit (not there) and been to some in montana, small but actually kinda looks even from quick glance. Colo by far most players but even having some bumps but happy to see people keep it going.

For galv and houston migrations think would be helpful to set closing date so everyone knows where people end up and can work with that (A,B,D,F,J worlds) ... so pls consider INNO would help out knowing bunches!

Also another plug for maybe converting some less active worlds to permanent classic world! people luved.

panos-the-best

also I think 95% of TW playerbase is the same like 2015-2016 playerbase so in few years maybe we gonna have ”Heaven and Hell The West” expansion??
Yes, It is true. I would say 90% of the current players are playing (with breaks of course) from 2013 or before, so imagine how the characteristics of the player base have changed.
14 year old boys and girls then, have started working. College guys back then, now some of them have a family and so on.

What I am trying to say is that the game is dying for two reasons.
1)The player base has dropped due to lack of marketing/good ideas/mobile version of the game/too many tombolas etc.
2)Even the remaining players are not as active as they used to be. It is partly because of inno's choices, partly because of the total player base drop, and I think it is also because of the aging factor that I just mentioned.

So, Inno, does not want to put effort and money to change no 1 (broaden the player base) because maybe they think it is pointless.
What we, players want, is the game to become more enjoyable from our side, that will reflect in our rise of activity. Because let's be honest, if we are playing this game for 10-15 years, especially for the last 5-6 very bad years, we don't intend to just stop playing it. We'll drop our activity, might delete 1-2 characters, maybe don't spend money, but still somehow keep playing. And for Inno, players that enjoy the game are more possible to spend money in that.

:)

panos-the-best

In addition to my previous post, here are some ideas(not only mine) about what to do to reactivate the players (no way finding others) and the problems might occur.

1)Migration routes from more worlds
Why?
Because most characteristics of the game are based on player interaction(FFs,market,crafting,duels,chatting!!) so many people are trapped in dead worlds and want to go to a more active (activity is not only measured in FFs) so they can actually play. (Those you play for pvm (quest,lvling,collectors,achievements) can do it in every world.) Of course I dont mean to keep just 3 worlds, but in my opinion the 13 (11 without G,H) are too much, difficult to find sb play actively in so many worlds.

Problems?
1)Many players have already account in almost all worlds 2)Imbalance if old accounts migrate to a very new world

How to solve those problems?
1)Not closing those worlds, or letting people transfer some of their items that they have spent money to obtein, or won in a contest.
2)I have analysed it in previous post in that thread, migration should happen from newer to older worlds or if it will happen in the opposite way, it should be so that imbalances dont occur. For instance, migration from G,H,I,K,L world to Juarez would not cause any imbalance, but from Briscoe to Juarez it might would. However 5+ year servers have not many differences tbh.

2)Make Colorado open for people to migrate TO it.
Why?
It is obvious. It is by far the most active world, many people want to play there but have no time to make a character from scratch.

Problem?
It is not a full prem world.

How to solve the problem?
It is not really a problem. Nobody buys SP ar AP anymore and if they do, there is a limit in 20-30 SPs??It is a funny amount with new levels,new items,repeatable quests etc.

3)Merging Markets
Why?
Firstly because some markets are so dead that even in-market migrations don't help them(if there are 4-5 worlds with the same players, even if they make them 1-2, player base will stay the same). Secondly because .net server will benefit from those players also.

Problem?
To be honest I don't know what problem might occur.
I mean, people from other markets can keep their characters since .net has many wolds, they keep their language version (correct me if wrong) but will just play with more people!! OK, there is the need of planning, but it has already happpened with two small markets, why not with some a bit bigger? (turkish?greek?netherlands? idk. )

Happy to hear what I might have missed!:)

Clever Hans

New stats 28/08/23 (previous report 20/07/23)

World Name
Number of lvl40+ accounts
Number of lvl150+ accs
Number of lvl180+ accs
Top ranked exp player
Arizona
862 (-12)
548 (-3)
166 (+19)
Challenger-71
451.3M (lvl 208)
Briscoe
387 (-5)
257 (-3)
94 (+11)
Doc Scurlock
339.3M (lvl 200)
Colorado
1671 (+60)
498 (+14)
119 (+17)
benben7
517.3M (lvl 212)
Dakota
410 (+3)
238 (-7)
43 (+8)
Johnny45s
383.2M (lvl 203)
El Dorado
310 (-1)
198 (-5)
41 (+10)
pghracer
292.6M (lvl 196)
Fairbank
508 (-13)
327 (-3)
54 (+3)
silverlady1
309.9M (lvl 197)
Galveston
registration closed
173 (-8)
62 (-6)
3 (=)
Elvis.
250M (lvl 191)
Houston
registration closed
170 (-12)
68 (-4)
1 (-1)
Wicker24
159.8M (lvl 181)
Idaho
325 (-6)
119 (-2)
12 (+2)
Mary Jane Read
319.5M (lvl 198)
Juarez
419 (+14)
108 (+8)
3 (+2)
Luke Cow Walker
252.9M (lvl 192)
Kansas
515 (-9)
62 (-1)
1 (=)
Luke Cow Walker
211.7M (lvl 187)
Las Vegas
587 (-21)
29 (+5)
0 (=)
chigra
127.5M (lvl 176)
Montana
634 (-12)
16 (+4)
0 (=)
Aivos
85M (lvl 169)

Fort battles:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 19.23.01.png

Harsha..

Having looked through this thread, I think asdf's metric - event currency gathered in DoTD/Valentine's day makes the most sense. Games live and die based on general player activity and event currency count gives us the best insight.

Without further ado, here's the total event currency 1.5h before end of DotD 2023 event (19 days)

World - Players - Flowers (Millions)

Arizona; 961, 95
flowersmall.png

Briscoe; 452, 37.4
flowersmall.png

Colorado: 3313, 194.5
flowersmall.png

Dakota: 461, 36.5
flowersmall.png

El Dorado: 344, 28.9
flowersmall.png

Fairbanks: 539, 49.5
flowersmall.png

Galv; 160,. 8.8
flowersmall.png

Idaho; 359, 25.9
flowersmall.png

Juarez: 485, 37.4
flowersmall.png

Kansas 615, 31.4
flowersmall.png

Las Vegas 709, 37.9
flowersmall.png

Montana 996, 47.3
flowersmall.png

Navajo 1780, 98.3
flowersmall.png

1700501013716.png

*I know total player count is an unreliable metric, just added it here for some reference. @Clever Hans probably will do a more comprehensive count later.

Unfortuntately asdf's data from 2022 and my data is not really comparable, so we can't directly compare the two data sets for change in activity in each world. That opporunity will come with the next event.

Symbiote

how many of these flowers are doubled or tripled by the same person playing in different worlds? i mean, how much of that is from people that exclusively plays in one world only? i don't in any besides Colorado

does shutting down low activity worlds increases userbase in high activity ones? difficult data to gather: how many mains and alts are there and where are they from? hard question: does cramming people in few worlds increase gameplay health while not decreasing nugg revenue?

feel like asking a rhetorical question here, they wouldn't open new worlds if that didn't increase revenue, but does it better gameplay? you spend your npc job wage in a new world to get ahead and then people quit because activity in old world is more

it seems that creating a new world is planting a bomb that is hard to defuse later and they just delay this fate because they don't want to assume these worlds are lame