The third key has been found...

DeletedUser16806

Why are people assuming it's the cash that the person who found the item is carrying matters? A couple of Polish server fort battles have produced a ton of named weapons and the third key. Most of the people participating in those battles brought a lot of money to the battle. It seems logical that it's the total money lost/spent in the battle that determines item value, not the money being carried (and kept) by survivors. It's much more likely that the important part is making sure the people killed in the battle had lots of cash on them.

Also, the finding value of the 3rd key is $9200, not $4600, so it can only be obtained in a battle where your share of the spoils is around 10,000.

DeletedUser

Next key from POLAND
Found by player JAKUB960 on 8 WORLD

http://a.yfrog.com/img194/5666/klucza.jpg
screen for you :razz:

2-0 for POLAND :nowink:
5ekluczaj

DeletedUser

Rally has began)

in soviet russia, we found fancy buntline already:indian:
1274637591-clip-41kb.jpg

4a219f4dd59e.jpg

+7 tactics +4reflex +4aim +4hp

further fights are also on the way)

DeletedUser

Also, the finding value of the 3rd key is $9200, not $4600, so it can only be obtained in a battle where your share of the spoils is around 10,000.
Here the common way of telling item value is by going with what it sells for, so it is $4600 when comparing to other findings. (at least that's how it's compared on .net, if other servers do it differently.. then fine(go check spreadsheets or guides if you dont believe me))

DeletedUser

Probably should be four people to flag and to be the end of the fight.I saw the at the fort where he took the key player on L8, the time was expired.That Explaine "four rings handle"

Excuse my English,

DeletedUser

I don't have a ton of experience in fort battles but I've always thought that rather than factoring how much cash you have on you, it works like this (example):

Battle for a large fort - costs the attacking town $10K to initiate the battle. The battle rages on, and we'll say the defenders won.

Depending on the battle attendance (which sets a value on how "hard" the battle was to win), the rewards are figured out - the optimal setting for finding the big money rewards would be even numbers on both sides.

So for arguments sake we'll say the 20 defenders successfully fought off an attacking force of 20 but there was only one survivor on the defending side.

In this case, if the sole survivor finds an item, it's max value would be somewhere near the $10K mark the attackers had to spend. Or does it matter at all how many participants there were in a battle, as far as the value of found items goes?

Sorry for the noobery, I honestly don't know :huh:

DeletedUser

I don't have a ton of experience in fort battles but I've always thought that rather than factoring how much cash you have on you, it works like this (example):

Battle for a large fort - costs the attacking town $10K to initiate the battle. The battle rages on, and we'll say the defenders won.

Depending on the battle attendance (which sets a value on how "hard" the battle was to win), the rewards are figured out - the optimal setting for finding the big money rewards would be even numbers on both sides.

So for arguments sake we'll say the 20 defenders successfully fought off an attacking force of 20 but there was only one survivor on the defending side.

In this case, if the sole survivor finds an item, it's max value would be somewhere near the $10K mark the attackers had to spend. Or does it matter at all how many participants there were in a battle, as far as the value of found items goes?

Sorry for the noobery, I honestly don't know :huh:

Well, that was wat everyone used to think indeed - me too - but it looks like it's not true... :)

DeletedUser

bah... who knows. In the past I've found decent items in fort battles, and I always make sure to bank my money before I'm at the fort. I don't think cash in hand has anything to do with it.
---------------------------------
Edit: According to Twitter, I'm wrong :(

tweets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But do you need it in hand? Given that you can't withdraw money (can only sell stuff to get money in hand) then maybe its enough to have a well filled bank account..

The twitter hint doesnt help answering that..

DeletedUser

I can't believe this happened... If the same mechanism is implemented on all worlds this game is over.

I've gone through West forums on Polish server to find out about revelation.
A number of fort battles has been pre-arranged to exploit battle awarding system. It was already known, that battles for large forts attracts betters items drops. Also less players survives, better items are. It wasn't a big issue till now. Items obtained rarely topped up to high values that legendary weapons could be found.
Thanks to Polish it appears the actual rewarding formula is: take all money spent(lost) during the battle, and divide it amongst survivors. So what they do? "The fort battle for the wealthiest" (as translated!) is being called. Battle moderators write a scenario, who is attackig, who is defending, who is going to die (lay out cash) and who survives to take a prize. Which are legendary weapons, 3rd key(s), or other v.expensive items like golden buffalo etc. They have to calculate all money to be spent and lost from players during the battle and make sure value per survivor is set in a range 8000-12000. Once battle is over, prizes been hand out, next scenario is written where losers become winners and vice versa.

How stupid is that ! I mean - the West soon become kid's playground ! On top of it looks like devs know about it, as per Twitter's recent post.

" Thw wealthiest has been the most succesful in the search for the keys! 2:17 AM May 25th via web "

Let's look closer what they found : 3rd key, Grant's sabre, Ike's army revolver, Jesse James' Schofield, Wyatt Earp's buntline, Younger's revolver, Hernando's sword, Athos' foil...
3rd key ? I think is a bad joke now. What else can you find in a mysterious chest? The Fat Boy?
How about people spent months to find Hernando sword? Another idea - do we really need shops now?
It breaks competition in all levels! I am speechless with dissapointment.

Congratulations Devs - Self destruction system is activated -

fat-man-nuke.jpg

DeletedUser

Some of us already know about that abuse and we refuse to take any part in forts, fort building and fort fights till the whole thing is rewritten from scratch.
The game is not over though, you can still get plenty of fun through jobs/towns/quests/duels.

DeletedUser

Plenty of what? Where you get satisfaction from achievements? What chances do you have dueling someone with weapon does 50% damage than yours? How do you feel your last few months meticulous efforts to get all 3 keys means nothing? Why doing jobs, looking for products to be able finish quests, make money to respec, wait weeks to bring shaman's fee down to respec again. What for? Just sign in to play this soap opera to get what you want. It is far more too frustrating to cope with.
Why on earth devs have taken this shortcut??

DeletedUser

My only guess on those questions is that devs are planning to kill classes and leave only fortfighting soldiers that are uninterested in quests and won't respec ever.
After all players become soldiers, noone will bother with quests but will do only (cheated and arranged) fortfights. Devs will conclude that noone is doing quests and then they'll remove quests completely from the game. A big number of players that love real RPGs but hate grinding will leave the game and it'll die.
Look, I'm on your side here, so... Suggest a solution to this and I'll support you.