The third key has been found...

DeletedUser

@Joxer TM

Hahahahaha (nervous laugh)
It was good insight assesment you have made. I hope you are wrong. Otherwise nothing gonna stop them to switch RPG lever off. It is my first, one and only browser game I play. Purely down to its role play charcter. And you already know what will happen...
Solution? If they are that cheap, give us pen and paper. The West is community based game anyway. I believe we can deliver scenario buliding, through moderators. Let them work in their own pace, and we can focus on quest content. And don't forget to revert fort battle rewards, back to 2009!

DeletedUser

One and only? It's the best browser game that exists actually. All other browser RPGs are grinding only, this one is not. I mean... If you remove forts, it's the best browser RPG ever. It has skills/story/quests related to the setting (wild west) and none are some imbecile "kill crazy foxes and git me 10000 hairs from each one". Each quest has it's logic plus is debatable about the questgiver. For example check the other thread about Maya and morality of her actions, what other game has such questions? None.
And why is it not only best browser RPG, but also best browser overall game? Simple: it's not a big time consuming one nor it's a race of a sort. Most browser games including other three Inno's are "click and farm more today or die", and if you want to be good in those games you don't need brains at all. You just need to be online as much as possible and click, click, click, ... click some more.

This game is unique. But I'm unsure why the forts are made easy to abuse. In a game with so much potential, forts are a big step back.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I could perhaps understand devs omitted something, and now its easy to abuse. But they actively encourage to do it ! (using Twitter).
I played Grindony (ooops Evony) before and quit after 2 weeks. West I am since June 2009.

DeletedUser

well i have a big theory

the key has a purchase price of $9200 or something, and it is found a a fort battle and all the mas are the same aren't they.

So find the exact same fort SIZE or sector that the key was found at, carry more than $9200. and complete all quest lines those people did

ID say this would increase your chances, also try standing near the gate or buildings as well during he battle, this may improve finding a key as the require a key :p

DeletedUser

Tom Paris ..or you could try reading the thread and stop complicating things.

Thanks to Polish it appears the actual rewarding formula is: take all money spent(lost) during the battle, and divide it amongst survivors. So what they do? "The fort battle for the wealthiest" (as translated!) is being called. Battle moderators write a scenario, who is attackig, who is defending, who is going to die (lay out cash) and who survives to take a prize. Which are legendary weapons, 3rd key(s), or other v.expensive items like golden buffalo etc. They have to calculate all money to be spent and lost from players during the battle and make sure value per survivor is set in a range 8000-12000. Once battle is over, prizes been hand out, next scenario is written where losers become winners and vice versa.

you need 9-10000 in cash for every survivor and then you can get the key, or one of the "unique" items.

that cash coming from people KO'ed, so if "we" coordinate battles with calculating money and choosing who survives (like the polish and russians did), its not really that hard and just a matter of time before .net gets their first key.

DeletedUser

that cash coming from people KO'ed, so if "we" coordinate battles with calculating money and choosing who survives (like the polish and russians did), its not really that hard and just a matter of time before .net gets their first key.

It isn't confirmed yet if the important thing is the cash lost or just the total sum of cash in the battle divided by the survivors.

For example:
If you have a full house with all the participants having at least 10k on them and all survive they can still stand a chance of finding something.

DeletedUser

Too bad innogames is awful at keeping its customer base. They just took our money and moved on with a lie of releasing 1.27 before everyone left. There's no one left on my world to even have a fort battle

DeletedUser21320

you need 9-10000 in cash for every survivor and then you can get the key, or one of the "unique" items.

That is one of the cheesiest (not in a good way) approaches to game design that I've ever seen, and I've been around a long time. Very depressing.

I thought at one point that it was a very bad (banning) offense to stage a duel with a friend. Is that OK now, since it is apparently legal (and encouraged) to openly arrange fort battles, which are far more lucrative?

Tell me again why we bother with minor suggestions and voting on ideas, when the secret to doing well is mass cheating?

DeletedUser

Saboteur job... Whatever you call it, it is something destroying this game. Astonishingly is also actively supported by Devs on Twitter (tumble)
Easy solution - to unmark droppable status from legendary weapons is not going to happen. The only thing I am waiting is a word of explanation. Why???

DeletedUser

I dont see why some of you guys think its a problem with arranged fort fights where everyone involved takes turns in surviving.

The alternative is a "free for all" (like now) where:

1. Cash is gonna be wasted (due to less survivors than expected) or more survivors than expected and then then item value doesnt reach the 8k+ needed, and cash is again "wasted"

2. Some people might be a survivor several times, and some not at all (both options unfair)

Conclusion, its not cheating.. its good management (or call it roleplay if you want) and the most fair way to pull it off.

If its destroying the game or not, im not gonna say anything about.. just stating that with the current "rules" we need to start organizing these battles as a "free for all" is what will really destroy the game.

DeletedUser

1. Because it's too easy to get legendary weapons
2. Because everyone would have one soon
3. Once everyone has it, it's worth nothing more than if everyone use slingshot and stone only
4. I don't fancy power levelling. It's like hunting rabbits using carpet bombing

DeletedUser

I'd rather die than take part in this hoax. It's not whining it's my swan song.

DeletedUser

Example:

20 defenders
20 attackers

10 people are picked to be survivors

Everyone except survivors bring 3500 per person
(choosen survivors aint bringing money in case of some ruining it)

The 10 survivors has over 10000 per person in dropvalue and should get something nice.

Then redo the fort battle 3 times more so all 40 persons involved get a loot. (or just continue if someone aint getting a drop, dont know how this works, maybe its better to choose 5 people as survivors, and lower the amount you bring) Maybe someone from .pl or .ru can verify?

DeletedUser

I'd rather die than take part in this hoax.
I agree with you, but repeating that there is a problem about forts won't help. I refuse to take part in fort building nor fort fighting. Arranged or not, I would still feel like I've cheated, and I don't want that.

What we need is an idea submitted in "brainfarts" on how to reduce the abuse. Maybe drops shoulr get random and not connected to money or anything? Or maybe automatic equipping your best inventory items when entering the fort fight so you can't lose on purpose?
But since I'm still a newb without a character level 99, any suggestion should come from a player that worked hard (read: months) to get some items that can be obtained easily from a single fortfight.

DeletedUser

@JoxerTM
Agree. Let's move on.

DeletedUser

lol.. someone bad rep'ed me for saying 3500$ on how to organize a fort battle, it was an EXAMPLE (first word in the post) .. and if you think 3500$ is a lot, you obviously arent near the lvl ~80 requirments needed for those items drops which we speak about.

I'm not in range either btw, im not even lvl 60 yet, but still I can make that money in 2-3 days (adventurer class)

anyway, the 3500*3 (10500) needed in the Example, gives you an item with the same buy prize so I'll gladly pay that amount of money (besides it's items which can't be bought)
_____

to dagwood, you are right.. wrong thread, but I've read from others that have spent over 6 months looking for the walking stick only doing high-luck jobs, so all you can do is keep trying.

DeletedUser

Wow, a LOT of complaining filled this thread since the last time I was here :mad:

In the end what I'm seeing is this:

The third key was found on the polish(russian?) server, the .net CM is trying to help us get it by giving a hint on twitter. At the same time, it's discovered that some admin on a different set of worlds is helping organize give-aways at fort battles and suddenly it's the end of the world.

"I'll show you - I'LL QUIT". So quit already and go away.