The sig project - by weststats.com

DeletedUser

just enter it in the filed as [ img ] URL [ /img ]

He meant the file size, not the BBcoding.

For those of you that don't already know, most good graphics programs will have compression capabilities (as in, making the file size smaller). In Photoshop it is done directly when saving, just slide the slider down to the size needed - make sure you get the best quality for your file size. I would highly recommend the PNG format, although JPGs are good nowadays PNG is the format I personally use most - especially if there are transparent parts. (If any of you have a better way please post! I do not use Photoshop an awful lot)

For those using Jasc Paint Shop pro 8 (I am not sure about the other versions, PM me if you want more info on those) saving normally will get average compression, but nothing much is controlled. To control mostly every factor when saving go to File>Export>PNG optimizer (or JPG, GIF etc). Note this does not save the image open - it saves a copy with the compression / loading options you want. (Handy if you want to keep the layers!)

Any more info, you can always PM me - with the number of graphics programs I have I can definitely find where the optimization on yours are.

DeletedUser

I can't promote Open Source software enough, if you are new to this and you want a really good FREE program, use The Gimp. www.gimp.org I know for a fact that this software gets used in several professional organisations as a replacement for Photoshop.

DeletedUser

I can't promote Open Source software enough, if you are new to this and you want a really good FREE program, use The Gimp. www.gimp.org I know for a fact that this software gets used in several professional organisations as a replacement for Photoshop.

just started using it yesterday and it is awesome. Easy to use and a small file.

DeletedUser

ooh pick me pick me!

PS: The Gimp rocks. Timdogg speaks the truth!

DeletedUser

I'm having fun with this ... I might do some more XD

Here's an example of what I had in mind:
01.jpg

This is the textless one:
02.jpg

DeletedUser

dang...
i no longer have my Paintshop prog as i stopped doing graphics after about 8 years...seeing what's been offered up here makes me wanna dust off the windows pc and get it again...luckily i kept all my images!

DeletedUser

I might have to get in on this aw well. I feel that I can really add a spice to it... **needs more free time**

DeletedUser

Loving the entries!!! Am going to make a post with all submitted soon!

DeletedUser

signautrexn7.png

Will this contest/supply thread be opened for awhile. I need to install photoshop and that'll take awhile... days...

DeletedUser

Hey guys i really need help makin a sig. vry time i go onto T-W stats der is no tool for makin a Sig. so can sumone plz give me a link or sumfin plz. Fnx :D:confused:

DeletedUser

Hey guys i really need help makin a sig. vry time i go onto T-W stats der is no tool for makin a Sig. so can sumone plz give me a link or sumfin plz. Fnx :D:confused:

thats because we havent made it yet. Be patient.

DeletedUser

I am currently making the tool, so be patient :)

signautrexn7.png

Will this contest/supply thread be opened for awhile. I need to install photoshop and that'll take awhile... days...

I am developing the tool, so sig backgrounds can be added any time - this thread isn't going to get closed any time soon! :D

DeletedUser

UPDATE:

I have been thinking, and I have now decided that I am going to position the text on the image individually, so you can put the text wherever you want!
Also, any SIZE you want! if you'd like to make it smaller, do so!
I am going to try and get most of it done today, as I have a bit of free time!

Here are the sigs that have been sent to me by PM so far:
a12azor ~
a12azorsig1.jpg

a12azorsig2.jpg

Willovain: ~
willovainsig1.jpg

[more in the next post!]

Be patient for the tool, and enjoy the sigs!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sanders ~
sanderssig1.jpg

sanderssig2.jpg

sanderssig3.jpg

Enjoy the sigs, and be patient for the tool :D
Those that are already posted in the forum I have not posted - but they have been saved ready to be added to the tool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry for the amount of posts - it only allows 4 images.

Here is one of mine:
gemsig1.jpg