The sig project - by weststats.com

DeletedUser

west.png

Howdy!​
Calling out to all people knowledgeable in using a graphics program! I am starting something on the west stats that will benefit all those who are in desperate need of a sig!

I want you to help me make backgrounds for signatures people can use, as weststats are making a tool that you'll be able to choose a background you'd like, and type in your town name, username, pets name... whichever you choose and it'll add it and make a nice sig for you. You can choose whichever colour you like - or one of the preset ones!

You'll get credit on the page of the sig, and the knowledge that many of the west forum users will be using the sig YOU made on the forums ;)!

Only the best will be picked, so make sure it's of a high standard and meet the following specifications:
  • Has to be related to the west!
  • Has to be 700x120 pixels and not a pixel outside that ;) (Any smaller sizes are fine!!)
  • Has to be unwatermarked
  • Has to have no text on it
  • Has to give spacefor the tool to add text (it can be wherever you like!!)
  • If using a special non-windows font, please send me the font by email (PM me for it with the reason you need it.)

I will make a showcase of all the designs so you can all pick and judge which are to go on the official site.

Any posts, ideas and suggestions can be posted here and designs can be PMd to me!

Gem

5/10/08 15.49 ~ EDIT: please read the conditions again, I have added one item and changed another ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Heh, I'm game... Are you only doing one? Or several? And are there any other requirements for said background? Like would we need room for them to put a customized picture or something in?

Also, would we have a say in the text font that goes on the sig? :confused:

DeletedUser

Heh, I'm game... Are you only doing one? Or several? And are there any other requirements for said background? Like would we need room for them to put a customized picture or something in?

Also, would we have a say in the text font that goes on the sig? :confused:

As many as you like! :D
The background does not have any requirements apart from those above - Enough space for a name, or a town name.

At the moment the customized picture would have to be added manually, but I will try and update the tool with those types of things later.

And about the font, I wasn't so sure. If it's an unusual one it'd have to be sent to me in a zip, and given as an option - I was originally thinking of letting people choose.

DeletedUser

I can send ya the fonts and what-not, but the thing is the text is really important and if you use something boring like Arial or Helvetica most sigs will look UGLY. :mad: I don't like making ugly things, which is why I asked. :D

For the custom pic couldn't you make it similarly to the way sigs are uploaded on the site and make them copy the image or the url to the image and as long as it is of correct size just paste it into a spot or no? I am not a pro with programming, so I am not sure how that all works.

DeletedUser

I can send ya the fonts and what-not, but the thing is the text is really important and if you use something boring like Arial or Helvetica most sigs will look UGLY. :mad: I don't like making ugly things, which is why I asked. :D

For the custom pic couldn't you make it similarly to the way sigs are uploaded on the site and make them copy the image or the url to the image and as long as it is of correct size just paste it into a spot or no? I am not a pro with programming, so I am not sure how that all works.

I know what you mean with the sig + font!! :mad::mad: Ugly ftl!
And I am going to have a play with some code tomorrow, see what I can come up with! I am a lowly graphics person, but I shall give it a go!

DeletedUser

That seems big, isn't that above the allowed sig size?

Nope, it is bang on!

also: Any ideas can be posted here too! Inspiration is always good :D! I certainly need it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

T-W1.jpg

Heh, there you go... I'll PM the link to you if you want it.

Didn't quite come out how I wanted, but it still looks pretty good IMHO.

DeletedUser

Wow

what a great idea Gem

<3 to you!!!!

(this is Peace_Out btw me is hiding ;) )

DeletedUser1105

Will that's a really good sig. I can't wait for this to go live, I want a new sig. I did mine myself in paint, so a 'proper' one would be good.

DeletedUser

I only do ugly sigs, as shown below :) but I need practice so if someone wants to give me that benefit I will be pleased. (Not promising anything, I'm a busy man!)

DeletedUser1105

I have created a sig, but its 14.2kb.

How can I compress it to the 9.8kb this forum demands?

DeletedUser1105

Never mind, I did it. It wasn't for this competition, but this thread inspired me to redo my own sig :)

DeletedUser

Yay to all who are making sigs / have made! I'll put them together later today, so you can see all that have been entered so far!