The right to water

DeletedUser

your gonna pay what 50 cent more at a concert than you would at the store?
From someone with experience in these things to someone who clearly has never been to any large event, I will take the time to educate you.

Water is "free" - it's really not - but it's very cheap in the convenience of your home, yes. Unfortunately, the venue will not allow me to extend the water line from the bottom of my house to the venue with me so I must find an alternative means of transporting the water: bottles.

A large water bottle is about $1.00-$1.50 at most in a decent store. At a large festival event, they can run anywhere from $5.00-$9.00.

either way your buying somthing that comes out of a faucet for free.
Do you get water for free? I sure as hell don't. Tell me your secret.

if your that worried about it smuggle it in
Where am I going to hide, you know, a water bottle. Just because you're really good at keystering things, doesn't mean that other people have that same... capacity (or threshold for pain). Either way, I don't want to be wearing diapers by the time I'm 35.

or drink a sports drink before you go

Another fantastic idea of yours, I see. Sports drinks really do very little to hydrate you, and really, with all the sugar they've got in them, I'd really only be hurting myself more than helping. Sorry to disillusion you, kid, but those things are actually horrible for you.

DeletedUser

in malls, multiplexes and food courts.. they need to have water coolers, where water is free.. however they make sure it is placed in some vague corner.
anyways I had this same problem whenever i used to go to these places.. however, i get away by telling them "Sorry, just got better from a bout of jaundice and outside water is not allowed by doctor, and hence i only drink water boiled and cooled from home!!" and i get away with that.. maybe you should try that out.
However all said and done that aint allowed in any rock concerts.. and even for watching cricket matches at a stadium, they say that it is a risk, as one can throw it and players(both rock and cricket) might get hurt.

DeletedUser

You know, I would even be okay with only being allowed to bring an empty water bottle in the event that at least room temperature water would be provided free of charge, even if it came from a hose or a drinking fountain.

DeletedUser

that would still not solve the problem of bottles being thrown once they are filled..
(then again, if people wanted to throw water bottles they can still do that once they purchase it inside the event enclosure)
the event organizers should try and put up stalls/drinking fountains which provide free water.. I guess it just boils down another aspect of earning more money from the whole thing.

DeletedUser

5 bucks? ive never payed 5 bucks at a concert at most ive payed 2.50 -3 bucks (of my money anyway) . perhaps im just more resourceful

DeletedUser

The trick to change the laws, is to go to a concert with no additional cash in your pocket, be unable to buy a drink because of it, fall unconscious due to dehydration, then die as you are being carted to the hospital in an ambulance.

DeletedUser

that would still not solve the problem of bottles being thrown once they are filled..
(then again, if people wanted to throw water bottles they can still do that once they purchase it inside the event enclosure)

Exactly. Citing throwing as a reason that the water bottles won't be allowed in is silly.

5 bucks? ive never payed 5 bucks at a concert at most ive payed 2.50 -3 bucks (of my money anyway) . perhaps im just more resourceful

When you grow up to be a fine teenager, you'll learn that major festivals such as the one I'm talking about usually charge upwards of $5 for a water bottle. Being resourceful has nothing to do with it. I don't understand how anyone could argue in the favor of the venue. I think Lorgos would make a fantastic employee for tobacco companies.

DeletedUser

blitz - the lawyer in making

yeah, some of them are pretty funny, lawyer jokes.

giving correct but absolutely useless answers, such as...

a group of tourist are up in the baloon, one asked where are we, the lawyer replied, in the air.

I think it's kinda ridiculus to prohibit bring water but I don't know if you can prevail against those powerful business interest lobbies. I support such legislation of providing water or allow guests to bring in sufficient water for their own consumption but I doubt it'll pass.

DeletedUser

how about bringing an empty water bottle to the festival/concert and fill it at a drinking fountain or something. I know most places will let you bring an empty one.

and for everyone else. airports will let you do it too

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
(then again, if people wanted to throw water bottles they can still do that

They aren't supposed to sell them to you with the tops on.

Maybe they should sell empty top-less bottles?

DeletedUser

They aren't supposed to sell them to you with the tops on.

Maybe they should sell empty top-less bottles?

It's just an excuse for them. If they are really concerned about athelete's safety, then they will have to make sure

1. Nobody can war shoes into the stadium, after all, oh my gosh, god forbid, people take off their shoes and throw them at the athletes, don't you know that's a grave insult in Arab world?

2. All drinks and food containers has to be either paper or other softer material. Again, what's stopping someone buy a bottle of beer or a can of beer and throw them at the athletes?

3. No personal items can contain any hard object that can be thrown. You guys can think of some funny item as an example where fans can throw at the atheletes/performers.

Bottom line, no good reason to justify you can't bring your own drink into events. Security concern is acceptable, such as the airport restriction, but otherwise, it's simply another attempt by the owners/promoters to line their own pockets, at your expense.

DeletedUser14280

You guys can think of some funny item as an example where fans can throw at the atheletes/performers.
How about an elephant?
Not a real one, a toy one.
You could throw all kinds of merchandise!

Bottom line, no good reason to justify you can't bring your own drink into events. Security concern is acceptable, such as the airport restriction, but otherwise, it's simply another attempt by the owners/promoters to line their own pockets, at your expense.
I think it's pretty probable that if you did bring a water bottle into one of those places, they'd ignore it, cause it's stupid.
I mean, what could they do?
"We would like to charge Joe Blow with carrying a prohibited object into the performance."
"What was the prohibited object?" "A water bottle."
"Did the water bottle have any illegal substance in it?" "No, just water."

DeletedUser

Hmmm, sorry Divest, you are just going to a crappy venue. At the Gorge, one of the best outdoor amphitheaters on the planet, they allow you to bring in water, or even soda, so long as the cap is sealed. Heck, I think they let you even bring in a cooler, but not beer or alcohol. I have seen many festivals there and they all rock.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about, did you actually read his post? It didn't make any sense.

Actually, it made perfect sense.

He was supplying a Sample legal motion that you would petition the court to hear, and was supplying the courts response.

Quite correctly, imho.

DeletedUser

How about an elephant?
Not a real one, a toy one.
You could throw all kinds of merchandise!

I think it's pretty probable that if you did bring a water bottle into one of those places, they'd ignore it, cause it's stupid.
I mean, what could they do?
"We would like to charge Joe Blow with carrying a prohibited object into the performance."
"What was the prohibited object?" "A water bottle."
"Did the water bottle have any illegal substance in it?" "No, just water."

Nah, they wouldn't do that, they'd just deny him entrance. Unless he surrendered the bottle to be disposed of.

DeletedUser

My opinion is that you are whining about something pointless. There's no "right" to water. And there's no reason for a facility to allow someone to bring in anything that they sell on site, which they would STILL be responsible for cleaning up the trash from.

Part of the cost of the bottle of water in the venue is the product, also the person who SELLS the product, The person who cleans up the mess, The garbage disposal, etc.

You don't want to play by their rules, don't go to their house.

DeletedUser14280

If you don't go to their house, then they don't get money from you.
And they go bankrupt, because then they have no money.

And we do have a right to water, it's a basic human right.

If you have a house, you'll have water.
The water in your house is a lot cheaper than bottled water.
So why should you be prevented from taking it with you?

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
It's just an excuse for them. If they are really concerned about athelete's safety, then they will have to make sure

1. Nobody can war shoes into the stadium, after all, oh my gosh, god forbid, people take off their shoes and throw them at the athletes, don't you know that's a grave insult in Arab world?

2. All drinks and food containers has to be either paper or other softer material. Again, what's stopping someone buy a bottle of beer or a can of beer and throw them at the athletes?

3. No personal items can contain any hard object that can be thrown. You guys can think of some funny item as an example where fans can throw at the atheletes/performers.

I was thinking more of throwing them at other fans inside the stadium (bricks in plastic bags can wait until you get outside to pick up your brick), shoes and food containers are silly, imagine throwing a lunchbox :blink:

Guys if you absolutely need water you're going to get it either from the hosts or from other people, at least in European countries anyway. Until then you can pay for it :p