The right to water

DeletedUser

I, personally, believe that you should be allowed to bring water with you wherever you go no matter what. There would be restrictions, of course, but at the very least, you should be able to take an unopened water bottle with you wherever you go, mandated by state law. Hell, FEDERAL LAW.

I bring this up because tomorrow I'm going to a huge metal festival and the venue doesn't allow you to bring in anything. No food, no water, no nothing. I think is absolute crap. I can't believe they refuse to let me bring in water, something that is so vital to a human's health.

Why does the state let them get away with this crap? This is capitalism at its best, ladies and gentleman. NO, you can't bring in the most important thing in the entire world to a human - we need to charge you ridiculous amounts of money for it! I'm surprised they don't charge you to use the bathroom while you're there too.

DeletedUser13682

That's why. You get arrested for smuggling meat into games in Australia. Thank the Chaser's War on Everything for that. But I think it's stupid. They're there to provide us entertainment, not water. Let us bring water!

DeletedUser

You have a point there and also i think that we should be able to bring a small water bottle on the plane i mean whats the chances of someone putting a bomb inside a waterbottle? Back on the thread. Think about it if you ran a concerte with over 10,000 people comming would you let people bring waterbottles/food into there? wouldnt you just rather make them pay if u desperatly needed the money? i would think so but idk some people now days are just inconsiderate and don't really care.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying that we be allowed to bring food, soda, alcohol, or anything else but water. Water is a necessity, especially when considering that we're going to be dealing with 100+ degree heat tomorrow and it's an outdoor concert. If I owned a venue, common sense would dictate that I allow people to bring their own unopened water bottles.

As for airplanes, I don't mind that they restrict passengers from bringing water, so long as it's provided free of charge on the plane.

DeletedUser

guess they just don't want druggies to get their fix etc. If it's unopened it should be allowed in my opinion.

DeletedUser

I agree with you Divest but the real thing is the concession licensing. Since silly humans have showed themselves as such suckers that they are willing to pay ridiculous amounts for bottled water the vendors feel they have the right to charge for something that USED TO BE PROVIDED FREE. This strikes me as Criminal.

BTW this is (in part) what led to the riots at Woodstock 99 overheated people and a lack of water (as well as a bad choice of acts to close the festival)

DeletedUser

Oh yeah, I remember the riots and I'm damn glad they happened. The entire festival was just one giant rip-off anyways.

DeletedUser

Ahh, Woodstock '69. Wish I couldve seen Jimi Hendrix. btw Divest, which metal concert?

DeletedUser

No need to go back to the 60's but one thing I will say is Bill Graham knew what promoting a concert/festival was about. Water, food and medical care/safety were always a major concern of his (especially for multi day fests or the jams that lasted till all hours of the morning at the Fillmore). When's the last time a concert promoter provided breakfast for people who just watched an all night jam?

DeletedUser

You are permitted unopened bottles of water/softdrink and some foods into most music festivals in Australia. I think there are laws that prevent it from being banned, for health and safety reasons, but I'm not certain (if you do take food/drink it will take longer to enter the gates as it is thoroughly searched and examined to ensure there is no drugs or alcohol). All such events, and all nightclubs must also provide a source of free (safe) drinking water, so people can refill bottles, and are not forced to purchase bottled water for all they drink, but many popular nightclubs get around this by providing only hot water, or an extremely slow, low pressure tap.

DeletedUser

many popular nightclubs get around this by providing only hot water, or an extremely slow, low pressure tap.

That is an absolute sham, man. It's a step above the venues here, which aren't required to allow us to bring our own water bottles, but serving hot water is just loathesome.

These people should have their clubs shut down and their money stripped away from them. Their houses burned, and their family killed before their eyes.

I can't stand people like this.

DeletedUser

Been sneaking water into the movie theater for years now. No way am I paying 4.50$ for a small bottle of water.

DeletedUser

I, personally, believe that you should be allowed to bring water with you wherever you go no matter what. There would be restrictions, of course, but at the very least, you should be able to take an unopened water bottle with you wherever you go, mandated by state law. Hell, FEDERAL LAW.

I bring this up because tomorrow I'm going to a huge metal festival and the venue doesn't allow you to bring in anything. No food, no water, no nothing. I think is absolute crap. I can't believe they refuse to let me bring in water, something that is so vital to a human's health.

Why does the state let them get away with this crap? This is capitalism at its best, ladies and gentleman. NO, you can't bring in the most important thing in the entire world to a human - we need to charge you ridiculous amounts of money for it! I'm surprised they don't charge you to use the bathroom while you're there too.

I can hear the scream of theater, concert, sports stadium, and many other facilities' owners that's not allowed!

You are going against very powerful interest groups......

I can already envisioned the following.

Your honorable stadium, concert, theater, etc. owners

Petitioner Divest, suffered damage and potentially irreparable damage by being denied the ability to bring in his own water onto your premises, therefore petitioner pray for relief by enjoin the owners from enforcing or enact such rules as it violates petitioner's newly made up fundamental right, the right to bring water as covered by [insert country's constitution].

signed, Divest

Order #1234
by the honorable judge Blitzkrieg

Petitioner's request is hereby denied. Throughout our history, the right to work has been well covered by this court. The owners have right to charge whatever the market can bear, subject to anti-competition (or anti-trust in USA) laws. Here, petitioner failed to state how owner's action and conduct caused irreparable harm and antitrust or anti-competitive cause of action exist to remedy the situation.

Therefore, petitioner's request is denied, it is so ordered and entered, case is dismissed with prejudice.

DeletedUser

What are you talking about, did you actually read his post? It didn't make any sense.

DeletedUser

your gonna pay what 50 cent more at a concert than you would at the store? either way your buying somthing that comes out of a faucet for free. if your that worried about it smuggle it in or drink a sports drink before you go