The New Job System

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

Harsha..

Aye, which is what we were discussing. I think Harsha has conceded though.

No, i haven't conceded - i just said you posed a reasonable argument. In all honesty you're running on assumptions. So, until evidence comes up the question remains open

DeletedUser22685

No, i haven't conceded - i just said you posed a reasonable argument. In all honesty you're running on assumptions. So, until evidence comes up the question remains open

If you'd like to believe that 1 hour and 15 seconds have the same drop rates and waste your time trying to provide evidence that this is the case, or assume that I'm working off assumptions, I won't stop you. There's nothing to debate in that regard, read again which part I was assuming.

Harsha..

Theoretically, yes. Energy would be the deciding factor as to which is better, though. Since the exp and cash rewards for 15 second jobs are more than 1/6 of those of one hour jobs, I'm going to assume that item drop rate is as well. That would suggest that 15 second jobs are indeed better for drops, but again I can't be sure.

A theory is an assumption :) - anyone can make a theory, but it is never accepted unless it is proved in practice

I'm not interested in chasing evidence, luck isn't a quanity which can be measured - luck is luck, a random possibility. What i wanted to say all along is that finding items in a job is like spinning a disco circle, there is no fixed value or anything like that (my 10% value referred to laundry chests, a highly hypothetical example). 15s jobs offer more items, because you get to spin the disco circle a more number of times. Wouldn't you say that you would feel more confident of finding something if you got to spin the circle 100 times instead of 10?

if you still cannot understand. lets agree to disagree :hmf:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Uhh, spinning a disco circle? I have no idea what that means and Google isn't helping, but I'd rather have 1 10% chance than 10 1% chances.

Harsha..

oh, my bad :p - i was referring to Roulette
images

DeletedUser35304

If my job motivation will drop to 0 that means i also have 0 chances to get an item or it will only affect my exp and cash?

DeletedUser

If my job motivation will drop to 0 that means i also have 0 chances to get an item or it will only affect my exp and cash?

Good question, I'm not completely up on 2.04 yet and wondering about that myself, since everyone says 15 second jobs are best for luck jobs, I wonder if that's no longer true. I found items on two worlds at around the same time with 4% motivation, so it seems like that may no longer be the case.

neel shah

In .net no finds fr me at 0 motivation if i get any items then only i can conform
And will try d key 3. with GR and 15 secs!!

Cheers!!

;)

neel shah

Nopes we get no items at 0 motivation (we can only get usable items like d laundary baskets at 0 mot and other products) :(
NO ITEMS AT 0 MOTIVATION

And Yeah 15 sec is good for finding items!!
I gt this in 15 sec:
http://prntscr.com/17qhty
NICE ITEMS AT 15 SEC

:)

DeletedUser22685

Good question, I'm not completely up on 2.04 yet and wondering about that myself, since everyone says 15 second jobs are best for luck jobs, I wonder if that's no longer true. I found items on two worlds at around the same time with 4% motivation, so it seems like that may no longer be the case.

Motivation still affects job drops as it did before (as far as I know), so I think you were just lucky.

DeletedUser22493

The item drops have definitivly increaced. With clothes and bonus I have 50% luck.
When working 1h jobs (100% mot), items drops 50% of the time.

Ill try working some 10 min and 15 sec. See what the drop rate is there.
Id guess the droprate doesn't depend on the time anymore, but the energy spent.
1 h (12 energy = 100%)
10 min (4 energy = 33%)
15 sec (2 energy = 16,5%)

Then add the other droprate factors such as motivation (which now operates with only 100%, 75%, 50% and 25%.) '
Not actaully sure if this affects droprate like it does exp and cash.

And clothing. (No change here, still x% of 24% depending on your class bonuses and different clothing)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35304

Today i did 70 15 sec jobs....only high luck jobs and i worked until my mopt hited 70.All i got was a darn cigar from trading whit indians.No item no other product.Either i must be unlucky or this 15 sec jobs really stink :D.
P.S...i have no items to improve my drop chance :D

DeletedUser

personally i think that they tweaked it shortly after the update, since at first when i tried i could get 1-2 items per 10 15 second jobs, now i did like a 1000 15 sec jobs last few days and well had maybe 20 items, if not less... can't check with the job analyser since those darn laundry baskets are counted as well

DeletedUser17612

I just checked my jobs for this month.
I did 908 15s jobs.
I found 20 products and 65 items (laundry baskets not included).
I have no items to increase my drop rate.

DeletedUser29900

Well I'm not sure about the drop rate, but this new version is great !!!
I have finally been able to finish off almost all the quests, that have been closed for me for years.
Thanks for the change ;o)

DeletedUser

Well I'm not sure about the drop rate, but this new version is great !!!
I have finally been able to finish off almost all the quests, that have been closed for me for years.
Thanks for the change ;o)

So all you wanted was easy? Personally I'm glad I got 4 600 crafters before 2.04, because it means absolutely nothing now.

DeletedUser17612

I just checked my jobs for this month.
I did 908 15s jobs.
I found 20 products and 65 items (laundry baskets not included).
I have no items to increase my drop rate.

Total 1650 15s jobs; i found 84 items (and 34 products). Motivation was over 50%.
84/1650= 0,0509 => 5,1% drop chance

DeletedUser8627

If you're trying to figure out a drop chance rate on items, I'm afraid it gets even more complicated than this.

While you are able to most likely work out more or less a base number, items are also categorized according to their rarity. If you take for instance Grave Robber, you will also find you will be getting named items out of this job but with these items they have their own separate percentages attached to them.

DeletedUser34315

If you're trying to figure out a drop chance rate on items, I'm afraid it gets even more complicated than this.

While you are able to most likely work out more or less a base number, items are also categorized according to their rarity. If you take for instance Grave Robber, you will also find you will be getting named items out of this job but with these items they have their own separate percentages attached to them.

The plot thickens! That's very interesting news. Is this named item special drop chance happen on every job, or just grave robber?