The Metroid RP Thread

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser

(Zinder has proper armor, but not J)

"Well then, I'll work on J's suit if you guys want to eliminate the pirates. If somebody wants to pilot my ship, it has a cannon that shoots a plasma ball that shatters on impact. Very useful, VERY deadly." Zinder nodded his insect-like head and chuckled.

Deleted User - 819397

"Don't forget about my missile generator...I'll just use my laser and blades for now..." Ghor said. He jumped back into his suit, and it came to life. He activated the jets and flew out, quickly pivoting. He fired his laser, lighting up space temporarily...then an explosion on the other end took a turn. A computer on Zinder's ship sparked to life, showing Ghor's image. "You guys coming, or am I just gonna have to do it all myself???" he snarled.

(just remember Ghor's personality changes when he's in something mechanical.)

DeletedUser14280

The speaker on Quadraxis boomed out; "I'm already good to go, gentlemen."
As Quadraxis tensed and prepared to launch, R-Lir added "I'm not too worried about Aether.
"I've got plenty of defences laid there, and we should be finished on Norion quick enough to fix any trouble."
Without waiting for a comeback from J or Ghor, he lauched off the docking bay and plummeted towards Norion.

----------=====----------=====----------

RECAP TIME!
The whole situation started when a number of like minded people, mostly bounty hunters, met upon the ship of a man called Zinder, in orbit around Norion.
While Zinder haggled with most of the gathered hunters, R-Lir and J indulged in a short boasting match, which ended in R-Lir inviting J to join his raid on Norion.
J accepted the invitation, as well as Ghor and Rolf, each for their own reasons.

Before they began the raid, however, Rolf spied on his radar a large force of Space Pirates headed straight for planet Aether.
Despite this ominous occurence, R-Lir resolved to continue the raid on Norion, reasoning that he would be finished fast enough to return to Aether should the need arise.

Zinder (Yogit), you're staying upon your vessel to work on J's suit, but have offered the other characters the loan of a powerful starfighter. Is this correct?
Ghor (Regal), you've activated your armorsuit and are going to attack Norion with R-Lir. Is this correct?
J (James), you're staying behind until your own armorsuit is fully upgraded, at which point you're going to wreak serious havoc. Have I got it right?
Rolf (Johann), you're staying behind as well, but you've called in a couple of your employed mercenaries to stand by around Norion. Have I got it right?
R-Lir (that's me) has lifted off already and is about to land on Norion.
And Gandrayda (Coram), you haven't joined in yet, but I assume you'll be busy on Norion already, messing seriously with the Space Pirates.
Also, Malj (Gregman) hasn't shown either, but I don't think he will, Greg's been inactive for over a fortnight.

That's it. Have I covered everything? Heck, have I got it right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

(Actually, Johann said the pirates were heading for Norion, making it seem like they were expecting to be attacked. He forgot that your fortress was on Aether, not here. The only other thing you got wrong was the fact that my missile generator was also being upgraded.)

Ghor broke off his assault on the ships that had yet to land and followed R-Lir. On the way he fired his laser a few more times, devastating any ships it hit. After he entered the atmosphere, he turned his fire to the auto turrets Norion had. Before he had eliminated a decent number of them, one hit one of his engines. A minor explosion occurred, and Ghor plummeted out of control toward the surface. Back on board Zinder's ship, Ghor's image crackled, and he had just enough time to say, "I'll be fine...I think...my ship isn't going to be though," before it vanished completely.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

(Well, I was going to assault Norion with you guys, and I changed the pirates destination to Aether, but other than that, you have me right on Celxius)

"Well, if you say so. I have learned that you shouldn't put so much confidence into defensive structures, that you think they are invincible, and you leave them alone. But, if you want to attack Norion still, then I'm with you. I'll just send the employees to Aether, to observe the situation." Rolf put his helmet back on, and ordered his employees to observe the situation on Aether, and to stay out of sight. After that was done, Rolf waved good-bye to everybody, and jumped out of the hanger. "Hey, R-Lir, I'll be there in a minute. I'm trying out some new technology one of my scientists developed a few weeks ago. My suit should protect me from reentry, let's hope..." The ionized gasses blocked the signal, and it would be like that for a few minutes.

DeletedUser14280

R-Lir sighed, and shifted his attention away from the comm console to focus on touching down, out of sight of the base.
Now comes the fun part, he thought.
The boosters on the Quadraxis flared, as the ship began to whirl around in an unstoppable maelstrom of electric fury.
Touching the ground, it immediately tore towards the base like a spinning top of doom.

The base wall exploded, and the Quadraxis carved a trail of destruction right up to the front door.
The turrents along the way weren't prepared for the sheer destructive power to be found in the apocalyptic spinner, and were soon obliterated.
The main door to the base was soon to follow; Quadraxis sped towards them and collided with the doors with a loud KACRASH!
When the dust had cleared, Quadraxis was no longer spinning (and looked a bit dizzy), and the base doors weren't there anymore.

R-Lir departed from the cockpit, and on the way into the base, sighed again.
That whole trick would be better if I didn't use up a third of my shields doing it.
Before stepping inside, he stopped to wonder:
I wonder how Ghor did, getting in?
Then he spied the site where Ghor had made a crash landing.
Oh.
He walked over to where Ghor crashed, and pulled off some of the rubble, to see Ghor looking at him with an unreadable expression.
"Do you need some help?" R-Lir queried.
"No need, I'm perfectly fine." Ghor said, as he rose up and dusted himself off.

(Did I overdo it with this part? I think I did.)

Deleted User - 819397

Ghor looked at his ship. It surprisingly wasn't in too bad of shape. He started to walk around it when a circuit in his body shorted...and he fell. "CRAP!" he yelled. "There goes my legs. Hold up..." he twisted his torso around and fired his plasma beam at a specific point on his body. A few minutes later, his legs started to work again. He stood up and looked at R-Lir. "I'll be along in a couple of minutes...I've just got to start the auto repairs on my ship. I'll catch up with you then."

DeletedUser13682

A bright red light streaked across the sky, at thousands of miles per hour. Luckily, it was slowing down, for that red light was Rolf. Auto-braking systems in his suit started activating, and in a few minutes, Rolf was descending at about 80 miles an hour. Then a parachute deployed at around 15,000 feet, slowing Rolf's descent to about 15 miles per hour. He touched down gently a few minutes later, and walked over to where Ghor's ship had crashed, the parachute auto-packing on his way there. When he arrived, he saw Ghor and R-Lir around the wreckage of the ship, which didn't look too bad. "Hey guys. I did it. The suit performed perfectly. Now I can turn off the oxygen feed and get some real air." Rolf took off his helmet, after turning off the oxygen, and looked around. "So, where did we land on this rock?"

DeletedUser14280

"Oh, we're just outside the main base." R-Lir answered.
"You know, the one that sends directions to the Planetary Defence System."
He looked at Rolf, "You parachuted down, I notice. That was...economical."

(Norion has an important part at the start of Metroid Prime 3. Is this RP set before that, timeline wise?)
(That is, at which point in the timeline did the GF fall? After Metroid Prime 2?)

DeletedUser

"Thank you," J said. He switched into the different suit in a quick second. "I'll be here for now. Tell me how the attack goes Ghor. Tell me if you here anything of Vitre," he said as he turned around. "I remember where the MST is. I'll be in there for the next day. Wake me when the suit is done." He opened a door and went in, the door quickly closing behind him.

Deleted User - 819397

(I'm going for a completely different storyline than the prime series. By that I mean none of the events of Prime happened, or 2 or 3...I'm going for an effect comparable to the Zelda series here...not a true timeline, but still the same gameplay. So I guess you could say it's like an alternate universe kind of thing, where nothing happened as we knew it.)

Ghor nodded, then returned to repairing his ship. "I still can't believe I was hit coming down...I'm usually better than that..." he muttered, more to himself than anyone. He finished turning the auto repair on, then went to repairing some of the more serious problems himself.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf shrugged. "Well, there wasn't enough room for the thrusters to stop me in time. Besides, parachuting is much more fun. And when you jump through the atmosphere, you present a smaller target, not that my ship could be hit by all but ultra-low frequency radar weapons. And even those have a serious chance of not hitting." Rolf looked around the horizon, to see a thin trail of smoke coming out from the north. "Well, looks like I was too late for the party? Will there be another one soon?"

DeletedUser14280

"We just finished serving the appetizers, the cake hasn't been served yet."
R-Lir turned towards the main door, er, opening.
"I've been thinking about a plan on the way down here. Hopefully you'll like it."

"Once we enter the base, I suspect that we'll encounter heavy resistance from the pirates.
"For the first wave of them I recommend using maximum firepower.
"Afterwards, we blow up the elevator to the level, and use the shaft as a pathway to the engineering levels.
"From there, we can find our way to Generator B, and ascend though the inside of the walls up to a ventilation duct, of sorts.
"If we encounter any more pirates during this phrase, we have to eliminate them."

"At that point, we'll have a clear view of Generator B.
"After dispatching the pirates stationed there, we can hack the system to bring down the generator."
At this point, R-Lir paused, "Well, I say hack, but we could just blow it up, that works too."

"After destroying Generator B, the base will be forced to run several systems on auxiliary power.
"What we do then is exit the generator, dash across the underside of the landing bay, and from there move up to a concealed position,
from which we can get a sneak attack in on the pirate team which will likely arrive right after we blow the generator."

"So, after we deal with those pirates, we...hey, are you even listening?"
They weren't. After a minute of R-Lir's speech, Ghor and Rolf had dozed off into a daydream about mass carnage.
"I think it might be better if we just make it up as we go along." Ghor yawned.
R-Lir looked a tad crestfallen, "Yeah, I suppose that works too. So are we ready to go?"

DeletedUser13682

Rolf looked slowly at R-Lir. "Of course I was listening. I think it's a good plan, but we do need some leeway. Haven't you heard the phrase, 'The best laid schemes of mice and men go often askew.'?" Rolf put his helmet back on, and engaged the offensive weapons of his suit. "We can follow the plan, but making it up works too if we get waylaid from our itinerary. Are we ready to go, or are we going to just stand here 'til the cows come home?"

DeletedUser14280

"I was hoping that J could join in, but...okay, let's go."
R-Lir turned, pulled a very impressive...something (it looked like a weapon) out of nowhere, and sauntered into the base.

Seconds later, loud noises happened.

Deleted User - 819397

Ghor finished repairs and jumped back into his suit, becoming aggressive as usual. He joined in R-Lir's assault wholeheartedly, enjoying it. He was at a slight disadvantage due to the fact Zinder was working on his missile generator, but he still had the reserve missiles, which he used now with relish. During the fight, he yelled to R-Lir, "The generator we'll hack...it'll be a good chance to polish my abilities."

DeletedUser14280

"Fair enough!" R-Lir shouted back.
He pulled out the missile launcher that he'd showed to J earlier, and fired.
One volley, two volleys, three. 72 super missiles in all.
The massive explosions rocked the corridor and blew away all of the pirates in sight.
R-Lir turned to Ghor, "When I say maximum firepower, I mean it."
Too bad I used up almost all of my missiles there, he silently added to himself.
"To the elevator?"

Deleted User - 819397

"Naturally." Ghor grinned wickedly. That reply dealt with both the missiles that had been used and that it was time to head to the elevator. When they got there, Ghor turned to R-Lir. "You want to blow it up or do you want me to hack it?" he asked.

DeletedUser14280

"I'd rather blow it up, this time. If we used the elevator normally, the space pirates would almost certainly be waiting for us at the top floor."
While R-Lir spoke, he used a tractor beam to pull in all of the pirate's missiles. "Is Rolf right behind us?"

Deleted User - 819397

"Fair enough..." Ghor said. He fired his ship's laser, blowing the elevator up. "It appears it's out of order..." Ghor laughed. "So, remind me, are we heading up or down?"