The IQ Sham

DeletedUser9470

idont agree
i see exactly where you come from and i see this too every day as my Aunt who lives next door is an absolute moron herself and does things exactly like your example Pete.
thing is these kind of people stand out s much they are always noticed.
most normal people get their items pay the bill even if there are errors and hit the road.
and those people are in and out in under 10 min and you dont get to see them.
so my point is you tend to notice a moron and remember about him yet the hundreds of normal people around you you dont see.
i agree there are places where a lot more people are thicker than average and there are also places where everyone is a lot more switched on than everyone else.
but really most people are just normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter how brilliant you are or think you are; the moment you walk through the doors at WalMart, your IQ is halved.

DeletedUser

True, and since liberals and agnostics/atheists don't generally shop at Walmart, that could be the cause right there.

PEOPLE, AVOID WALMART!! THEY'RE SUCKING OUT YOUR BRAINS!!

DeletedUser

PEOPLE, AVOID WALMART!! THEY'RE SUCKING OUT YOUR BRAINS!!

That would explain why Americans seem quite daft to us Brits. :razz:

Intelligence and Memory have both been mentioned in this topic, but has common sense been taken into account. Having met people with varying characteristics, common sense seems to me far more important. Its no good being academically intelligent if you struggle to tie your shoe laces. And good memory is not much use if you cant understand and use information you have memorized, in a practical way.

DeletedUser

An ineresting article, but does not prove your point to the extent you claim. The article claims that certain political or religious views tend for people to have an IQ five to ten points lower. Remember these specific views do not necessarily compound, as the logic behind the survey would imply the "intelligent population" would choose to be both liberal and athiest whilst the "impaired population" would naturally be both conservative and religious. It's also worth noting the majority of he earth's population is religious whilst, as a pure estimate, the conservatives v liberals would be somewhat closer to a balanced proportion.

With that in mind, you could reasonably say the average IQ lies somewhere between 106-90, leaning towards the lesser number. That is quite different to claiming the average IQ is between 85-70. So yeah you probably have a point, but the population is certainly not as "mentally ******ed" as you claim.

I would like to add to this that I have a friend who is both Catholic and Conservative who has an IQ of I want to say 130 or so. who is double majoring in computer science and Math with 90% of his classes be honor classes. (they also asked him to audition to be one of the speakers at his/our, we are graduating the same day, graduation)

DeletedUser

And speaking of common sense...

Why would you knowingly walk away from ANY! transaction where you are owed money, for the sake of expediency!
Regardless the amount! (No wonder the economy Suks with that kind of thinking!) :blink:

Just .08 cents a day over 1 year is ~$30.00. A dime here... a nickle there.
Would you pull 3 Sawbucks from your wallet and just throw them on the ground?
That is just NOT Intelligence!

Would you accept a Bank taking .08 cents a day without just cause?
(Ohh... bad example... they do that. :sad:)

"Watch your pennies, and let the dollars take care of themselves."
"A Penny saved is a penny earned."

"See a penny, pick it up..." :laugh:

Common sense... Intelligence!
(Perhaps if it was your $30.00 that was being "Stolen" you wouldn't mind holding up others to get it back?)

Edit: Why is it CHEAP! when someone tries to take something that is rightfully yours! Since when did "Theft", no matter how small become acceptable? Thanks for the Anonymous Red rep...

DeletedUser

I would like to add to this that I have a friend who is both Catholic and Conservative who has an IQ of I want to say 130 or so. who is double majoring in computer science and Math with 90% of his classes be honor classes. (they also asked him to audition to be one of the speakers at his/our, we are graduating the same day, graduation)

Oh, and this great insight comes from.....

giztroll-1.jpg

DeletedUser

Intelligence and Memory have both been mentioned in this topic, but has common sense been taken into account. Having met people with varying characteristics, common sense seems to me far more important.
It's common sense to think like a liberal, and common sense to be agnostic or atheist. It's also common sense not to shop at Walmart, so I do believe it's considered in the equation. ;)

DeletedUser

Just out of curiosity, are you saying I'm stupid or are you assuming I'm a liberal atheist? :unsure: For the record, I almost never go to Walmart (my son's girlfriend works there, so I do occasionally), but there is no way I would ever stand in line for 10+ minutes to buy cigarettes there (they cost close to double what they do at the grocery store almost next door.)

DeletedUser9470

And speaking of common sense...

Why would you knowingly walk away from ANY! transaction where you are owed money, for the sake of expediency!
Regardless the amount! (No wonder the economy Suks with that kind of thinking!) :blink:

Just .08 cents a day over 1 year is ~$30.00. A dime here... a nickle there.
Would you pull 3 Sawbucks from your wallet and just throw them on the ground?
That is just NOT Intelligence!

Would you accept a Bank taking .08 cents a day without just cause?
(Ohh... bad example... they do that. :sad:)

"Watch your pennies, and let the dollars take care of themselves."
"A Penny saved is a penny earned."

"See a penny, pick it up..." :laugh:

Common sense... Intelligence!
(Perhaps if it was your $30.00 that was being "Stolen" you wouldn't mind holding up others to get it back?)

Edit: Why is it CHEAP! when someone tries to take something that is rightfully yours! Since when did "Theft", no matter how small become acceptable? Thanks for the Anonymous Red rep...

wow!
cheap!
thats another typical type of thing moronic people do!
you do point out a problem there with the whole debate:
if you are a moron, more than likely you have no earnings and thus a penny saved is a penny spent on chocolate cake when you have managed to save enough pennies to afford one!

if you are in this case you should rethink your life and be a lot more tougher on yourself! stop claiming benefits and get a job. look into how you can earn better jobs and better wages.

time is money my friend.

i certainly havent got the time to mess around in a shop, or even the energy to look at the till receit! maybe thats because mentally i knew what it was going to amount to anyway?!
;)

DeletedUser

wow!
cheap!
if you are a moron, more than likely you have no earnings and thus a penny saved is a penny spent on chocolate cake when you have managed to save enough pennies to afford one!

if you are in this case you should rethink your life and be a lot more tougher on yourself! stop claiming benefits and get a job. look into how you can earn better jobs and better wages.

;)

If a person doesn't care about saving money, why on Earth would they go to Walmart in the first place? For the quality merchandise? :blink:

DeletedUser

Just putting this out there.. I don't think IQ tests are a very good judge of intelligence.

DeletedUser

wow!
cheap!

time is money my friend.

i certainly havent got the time to mess around in a shop, or even the energy to look at the till receit! maybe thats because mentally i knew what it was going to amount to anyway?!
;)
WoW Neo!

Way to define the term!
Did you look at the picture under "Moron" in a dictionary before you wrote all that unsupported Babble?
(If there was one, I'm guessing it's been changed now.)

Since I do not know you, or your situation, I will not be "Moronic" enough to further turn this intelligent topic into your personal
"Flamefest", and make unsubstantiated claims about other posters.

Your rant appears based in personal opinion, and YOUR beliefs, than by facts like the others posted here.
You are obviously the later in the saying "Penny-wise... Pound foolish" if you don't bother to even glance at a $75 receipt!

Another Saw you might like to live by:
"It is better to be thought a fool... then to open YOUR mouth and prove it."

DeletedUser

Sam, he wasn't insulting you, so not sure why you're getting all upset.

DeletedUser

Sorry, Hellstromm perhaps I was mislead by the...

6- "You"s and the "yourself!"

I was Quoted directly (In Full)... so ya I guess I did take it personal.
(Me being the subject of the 'Yous')

The "time is money my friend."(Singular) as opposed to "time is money my friendS." (Plural)
sorta made me think the comments might be addressed to me personally...

But I guess the thing that may have resulted in 'Collateral Damage' was the Personal "Anonymous" Negative REP I received
just before that post.

"Sounds a lot more like being cheap than being smart ;)"

Why I got all upset? Timing? Heat of the moment. Could have misread it... maybe.

DeletedUser9470

Sorry Sam, I am misleading.
The "you"s are directed at the reader.

My point was that moronic people tend to be in a vicious circle.

No harm meant, just wanted to debate a different view of the topic.
kind regards
Neo

ps: I didnt rep u!

DeletedUser

I saw your "Cheap" topic... the identical Emote after my Rep, and then in your post... so I assumed...

Proves what they say about people who assume.

I guess I am a "Cheap Detective".

DeletedUser9470

hehe, its very difficult to write publicly, any slight negativity can be misunderstood...(is that a word?) English is an awfull language for that because a lot can be read/misread between the lines...
again sorry, no harm meant.
:)

DeletedUser

Alright, you two, get a room. ;)

So... we have determined, through this discussion, that people who shop at Walmart are invariably brain damaged, either through the purchasing of items, or through the huge red signs all over the place, or through the process of behaving like lemmings. In any case, whether it be due to Walmart, or due to they being conservatives and/or religious, there is indeed evidence that Walmart is the DEVIL.