The IQ Sham

DeletedUser

Hey! You Guys lay off Walmart! :dry:

I get my tools at Walmart!
I buy a new measuring tape there every week!
They don't last much longer than a week before they break...
But they're Cheap$$!! :)

(tumble)

...Wait a sec! That's not 'Smart' shopping! Oh Hell!!
Walmart Devils!! :mad:

:laugh:

Diggo11

We don't have WalMarts in Australia, perhaps that explains the differences in the standard and Hellstromm bell curves :p

Diggo11

Hehe for some reason I wouldn't trust an interview from Julian Morrow whilst Chris Tailor and Craig Reucassel are the news presenters...

DeletedUser10480

Any body that hates wall mart hates the working class consumer. Hellstrom!!! I'm loooooking in YOUR direction!

DeletedUser

A recent post was Rep'd with a comment "Too long, didn't read." (Too busy? or short of attention, they didn't even add an "It" on the end.)

Now I do 'Ramble", but I try to make posts at least intelligent, and interesting for the reader.
The comment wasn't about quality though... just that it was "Too Long" to read!:mad:

Has intelligence fallen so low that attention spans can't get people through a 100 word post?
Goldfish are said to have only 3 second Memories... Are we becoming dumber than Goldfish?:huh:

TV is blamed with shortening our 'Spans' (The reason why the commercials WERE spaced <<15 min. apart.)
It's proven Adults have longer attention spans than Children. Should we assume this was a 'Child'

There is always a choice not to read a post if it's length displeases you... but why the 'Punishment'?
Did the commenter, like government agencies want to 'Dumb Down' everyone to to the same intelligence level. (Picture signs! Really!):rolleyes:

Maybe this Rep'r wants us all to lower the level of posts so we could all just have a giggle over the Bazooka Joe Bubble gum comic...
and then go about our 'Simple' little lives in less than 3 seconds!

Fight The 'Dumb Down'! Dumb is DUMB!

BTW: Coincidentally the Topic of my disliked post was "How Stupid are we?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lol the chart on the top looks like a boner, and the one on the bottom looks like some old dudes boner... Aww shoot, my IQ just dropped 21 points :sad:

DeletedUser

The funny thing about iq, it supposedly measures a persons intelligence, but it in no way measures a persons 'common sense'. Unfortunately in my experience I have encountered people with high iq scores, but they don't have the common sense of a egg plant. (ex. liberals, enviromental whackos. etc)

DeletedUser

Bill, your assumption that liberalism and environmentalism is not common sense demonstrates just how skewed your reasoning is, and thus you're not merely dealing with an IQ issue, but a gullibility issue.

DeletedUser

Now you're assuming thats an assumption on my part Hellstrom. As for enviromentalism. I would consider myself an enviromentalist. I was born and raised in towns that rely on farming, and ranching as the major source of income to most of the folks that live there. So in short I would consider myself and most of the other residents of these towns to be enviromentlists. If they don't take care of the land that supports them they would'nt last long.

I was referring to the enviromental extremist types. Those who have a somewhat skewed veiw on reality. (example from personal experience)
A person drives his gas powered automobile to the office of an oil company near where I used to live. He then uses an oil based paint to paint on the oil company's sign that said oil company, and I quote " Destroy's the enviroment" . Now I know you may disagree with me, but that is not what I would call common sense. I am not defending oil companies here, just using this as an example of skewed reality.

Yes hellstrom I read the article that you pointed out as evidence. It did back up your statements. It also pointed out the fact that those with higher iq and liberal ideals tend to have superiority complexes and elitist views. Thus your tendency to believe that you are better than anyone that does'nt agree with your views. Not to mention the liberal view that they know whats best for the world and should therfore be in charge of running every aspect of everyones life. Sound familiar America? Sounds alot like our current administration to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now you're assuming thats an assumption on my part Hellstrom. As for enviromentalism. I would consider myself an enviromentalist. I was born and raised in towns that rely on farming, and ranching as the major source of income to most of the folks that live there. So in short I would consider myself and most of the other residents of these towns to be enviromentlists. If they don't take care of the land that supports them they would'nt last long.

I was referring to the enviromental extremist types. Those who have a somewhat skewed veiw on reality. (example from personal experience)
A person drives his gas powered automobile to the office of an oil company near where I used to live. He then uses an oil based paint to paint on the oil company's sign that said oil company, and I quote " Destroy's the enviroment" . Now I know you may disagree with me, but that is not what I would call common sense. I am not defending oil companies here, just using this as an example of skewed reality.

Yes hellstrom I read the article that you pointed out as evidence. It did back up your statements. It also pointed out the fact that those with higher iq and liberal ideals tend to have superiority complexes and elitist views. Thus your tendency to believe that you are better than anyone that does'nt agree with your views. Not to mention the liberal view that they know whats best for the world and should therfore be in charge of running every aspect of everyones life. Sound familiar America? Sounds alot like our current administration to me.

Bill, you're not persuading me that YOU don't have a superiority complex. You talk as though you know more about government than a lot of people who spend their whole lives working in it. Maybe you do, but I'd like to check your credentials before taking your word for it. :)

As for "knowing what's best for the world" - it seems to me that all parties of whatever political stripe make that assumption.

I'm from Europe, where 'liberal' has quite a positive connotation - the opposite of 'authoritarian' - so your argument doesn't travel without some explanation of what you mean by that word.

DeletedUser

Eli, no I don't work in the government, nor did I think I made any inference that I did. I do try to keep up on the political issues in the USA. In the USA there are widely differing political policies between liberals and conservatives. I would probably actually consider myself more a constitutionalist, which most liberals would say is hard core or extreme right wing conservative. Whatever.

I don't mean to or try to sound superior to anyone, if I gave that impression I apologize. However if you go back and look at this, or any thread that hellstrom gives his 2 cents in you will see a pattern develop.
Evidently hellstrom is an expert in every topic that is discussed in 'debate and discussion'. He has a habit of belittling and degrading everyone that has any views that differ from his. Calling them anything from uneducated, to ignorant, or saying they have skewed views on whatever topic is being discussed.

One last thing, yes I do agree with you on the fact that all political parties think they know whats best for the people and how best to spend your money for you. No arguement there. In the USA however liberals just want to spend more of my money, therefore I personally view conservatives as the lesser of two evils.

DeletedUser

Bill, like any reasonably intelligent person, I participate in discussions of which I have at least a modicum of knowledge in, and avoid the debates where I would be out of my element (unlike so many others, who like to argue from a podium of ignorance). Anyway, debating me is a distraction to the discussion. You want to argue about something (specifically, this topic), present something more than diatribe.

DeletedUser

OK Hellstrom, political views and personal feeling aside. I am not going to get into a long and heated debate here. I don't have time to spend hours finding scientific data to back up my point. I will simply say that in my personal experience, I have known a few people with very high iq scores. Yes I will give you that they were very intelligent when it came to science, math, and related subjects, but some of them probably could'nt make a cheese sandwich. (NO common sense) That is the only point I was trying to make. I have no idea what these peoples political views were.

Everyone has a different view on what makes a person intelligent. I will admit, mathematics is not a strong point for me. However I do not work in a field or do things that require alot of math. Does that make me uneducated or ignorant, I personally don't think so, but everyone looks at it a little differently. Have a nice day Hellstrom.:)

DeletedUser10480

yay! We're arguing about whomever claims to have the highest IQ again...

Yay! It's like arguing over who has the biggest...........'nose'.

And this type of argument is the logical fallacy of 'appeal to authority' which makes everyone's argument invalid anyway....so ya'll just go to hell.