The Gods Are Among Us

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

Deleted User - 819397

John heard the voice ask may I use your mouth? Stymied, John agreed. Anubis said, "I chose him for several reasons. One, he is planning on going into the profession I am the god of: funerals. Second, he was near to several other gods, including yourself. Third, his life energy pulses with a rhythm that is conducive to my specific abilities. Finally, I chose him because he is near Osirus, who I am eternally loyal to. Now, I ask in turn, why did you choose your particular host, and why did you decide to take full control yourself?"

DeletedUser25825

Wadjet observed Apophis's smokey arrival with a detached coolness. She looked over his chosen host and shook her head disapprovingly as she spoke, "Always with the flashy displays cousin. You know you're going to burn your host up if you continue to go through the godland with it." She looked back at the conversing Thoth and John, whom she sensed Anubis to be part of, and then back at Apophis. "My news is such, and not very revealing I'm afraid cousin. The gods awaken. Most of them at least." She nods towards the two and states quietly, "An ally of the eternally sleeping one speaks to Thoth, who remains cryptic and maddening as is his usual." A look of distaste crosses the student host's face. "I have never like those who perch upon fence rails." She looks at Apophis once again and delivers, "Choose your side I say." She shrugs as she continues to watch Apophis. She asks, "And you cousin? What news have you?"

DeletedUser

Apophis
Apophis could only laugh of the thought of burning up his host; he could always find a new one, mortals were expendable.

“Yes well, as long as in the end he chooses our side, I won't have any qualms with Toth be he fence sitter or cryptic,” the god lied, which was his nature. If Toth was having this much trouble with joining, he would be useless if he eventually choose the side of Set. Apophis didn't know the feeling but he assumed the constant nagging in the back of ones mind if the choice he made was right or wrong would hinder the god's abilities to fight. If there wasn't the possibility of the Toth being useful to his side, Apophis would blast him away now while he stood and talked defenseless with one of Ra's little followers.

It didn't mean that he couldn't destroy Anubis at this time, he was surrounded by two, and possibly three, of the opposing team's players, and Apophis had fully taken over his hosts body, different then what the stupid fool in front of him had chosen to do. It would be a full deceleration of war then though, and without the assurance that Anhur was on their side, he would risk it. Instead he turned fully to Wadjet catching her up date, “Well I just got back from a unsuccessful attempt to find out which of the meat bags in the military base is Anhur so we could hopefully coax him to our side before they can. I could definitely sense him inside the building, but we didn't want to go in there and scare the poor host away. We're not sure if Anhur has fully taken over or is sitting back seat to his hosts mind, it's all really frustrating. . .” sighing with fake exasperation.

DeletedUser25825

She observed Apophis with a sobered expression stating quietly, "Forget not my cousin, the host is nothing when compared to us who dwell within. Thusly, choosing to be hidden from one's host, does not mean in the drop of a single grain of sand, that it will immediately be opposite and we are in full control. Perhaps it is Set who has driven you wrongly in this. You must know that he, like you, like me, like any of us, have our own motives in the upcoming conflict. He may be leading you astray to bring our cousin Anhur to his way of thinking, and full of deceit towards you." She shifts easily on the bench and returns her attention to the conversation between Anubis and Thoth. She nods towards them and speaks once again, "Anubis has made his presence known. We should listen, as they have shown no objection to our presence."

DeletedUser

Set thought it to be strange that this man near by seemed so familiar. He knew that if this man was the one who he had been looking for, Anhur, he could take him with his magic to his fortress in the deserts in Egypt, a place which was where he had once held the head of Osiris. A prison of such. A place of no return. A place where all of his and Apophis' plans could be done. The problem is, if this man is not Anhur then the God might leave to hide from me. Then he would never join him.

This one holding such a weapon to him looks to be the host of Anhur. Wait! A golden glimmer in his eye. This is Anhur. Set then knew what he had to do. Quickly he ran towards Anhur, the god let a few rounds off but it never hit Set. then Set grabbed Anhur and rifted him to his fortress, deep within the ruins of Alexandrina, a place so deep in the earth that it was more like hell itself. Now with Ahnur in a place which can only be found by those who have been there before. Set could convince Ahnur to join the ranks of Set.

DeletedUser

"He seemed right at the time, intelligent, and hot like me" He said it joking. But more importaintly, I feel the gods are at war. I crrently ave no side with Chaos or Ra which shall you coose?"

DeletedUser13682

"Hey you bloody bum! Stand down!" The bum was rushing at Athos, prompting him fired off a few rounds, though his usual deadly aim was way off, the bullets kept rushing past the bum, harmlessly. The bum tackled Athos, but instead of hitting the compound wall, Athos glimpsed a dark stonework, briefly, then darkness. An undetermined time later, Athos woke up, again with symptoms of flashbanging. Oddly enough, this time, they only lasted a few seconds, instead of a few minutes. Before looking around, Athos checked his watch, indicating that he had been out for 10 hours, though his internal clock said only 4 hours of his life were missing. Along with that, his watch said that the time zone was Zulu +2, two time zones to the right of Greenwich. Finally deciding to look around, Athos determined that he was in an ancient structure, probably Greek, by their design, though it was a little hot for Greece, very hot actually. And was it getting hard to breathe?

This time when Athos woke up, the 2 hour break from life was confirmed by the internal and external clocks. Looking around, he saw that he was still in the same place as before. Somewhere in the ruins of Greece, or maybe in Egypt someplace. A few piles of sand in the corners seemed to indicate Egypt. How he got there was a different matter entirely. Athos decided to check if his phone worked, it didn't, obviously. But it still worked at an electric torch, which he used to find his way around. After wandering for hours, and getting nowhere, Athos decided to take a break, sit down, and rest for a moment.

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis chuckled at Thoth's joke, then responded "I am on Osiris' side, as I always am, which means I'm on the side of Ra...we could use you on our side...your knowledge is always welcome, and you know the barbecue is good." John involuntarily laughed. Anubis privately scolded John. He likes barbecue! Quiet, or you run the risk of alienating him.

DeletedUser25825

Wadjet listened intently to the conversation transpiring not far from herself and Apophis. She'd known there was no way Anubis would betray The Eternally Sleeping One, but Thoth was a different matter entirely. Thoth had always remained neutral in conflicts. Neutral to the point that he was often sought as mediation when the gods tired of their games and needed a respectful way to say we quit. The student folded her arms as she sat back and watched.

DeletedUser

Thoth raised an eyebrow. " Hmmm tempting tempting.... I yet to remain neutral until the time is right. And you could joine me for BBQ on every 5th day of the week and you know that. "

Deleted User - 819397

Anubis nodded, which was disconcerting for John. "I can respect that." As he was about to subside and let John take control again, he noticed another student and a shadowy figure watching them a short distance away. He couldn't tell who the student was, but the shadowy figure gave off a certain familiar aroma...in a flash it came to him. Anubis howled and rose in the air, an image of Anubis' general form (human with a jackal's head) shimmered into being. It was about twice the size of John, and looked almost solid. Anubis raised his hand, and a scepter appeared in the image's hand. "Apophis!" Anubis hissed. "You will die here and now!" With that, Anubis launched himself forward, swinging the scepter.

DeletedUser

Thoth didnt expect Anubis to lunge out. Thoth triped and fell on his back. He got up brushed himself off and dodged Anubis sceptor flying around everywhere.

DeletedUser

Name: Wiley Perch
Possessed? Yes
Who: Wepwawet
Bio: Wiley was just a normal taxi cab driver in the Big Apple. He had no real future plans, and lived in an old motel. His parents mother passed away when he was twelve, and his dad disappeared shortly after that. In the possession of this poor person, Wepwawet decided to take the body in full. He has gotten rid of his host's former life and his sole purpose is to resolve this coming catastrophe. Wepwawet, like Anubis, is loyal to Osiris, for Wepwawet is the usher of the underworld.

Surprisingly enough, driving the taxi came rather natural to Wepwawet. Most likely a mix of Wiley's experience and Wepwawet's expertise. Apparently, ushering around the dead in the underworld had it's perks! Anyway, he was on his way to Missouri. He could, of course, use the Duat, but driving was so much more fun!

DeletedUser

Ryan arrived at his new apartment, and sat on his couch. With nothing of great interest or importance do to, he began a rousing session of staring at the wall. Then he heard the voice again: "Ryan, it's time I told you something..."
"What, that I'm going insane?", he responed.
"No, that I'm not just a disembodied voice, but the great god Osiris, and you, Ryan, are my host."
"Then perhaps your divine wisdom can tell me which is less creepy: being possessed by an ancient spirit or going insane and thinking I am."
Osiris laughed, and said, "don't be so cavalier. The gods Set and Apophis are up to no good, it's up to you to lead the gods of righteousness to stop them."
"Gee, that's a relief," said Ryan sarcastically.
"I'm not the only god who's taken a human host", Osiris continued. "That's why I brought you to this place. The other gods should arrive soon to meet us."
Osiris said no more, and Ryan went to look up local psychiatrists.

Deleted User - 819397

As Anubis lunged forward, he felt something odd. It was enough to make his battle form shimmer. A second sensation knocked it out entirely. Anubis tumbled to the floor. It took John a minute to realize he had control of his body again. He shakily stood up. He had never felt anything like that before, and it had really shaken him. He could feel Anubis attempting to determine what the feeling that had occurred three times now was. John realized he was near one of the most dangerous gods and hurriedly moved back toward Thoth. Although the god wasn't officially on his side, he felt safer around him than with a certain enemy.

DeletedUser

" Having some trouble Anubis? Remember you can onl have full control if John allows, and I dont think thats happening anytime soon. "

DeletedUser25825

Wadjet observed the entire spectacle of Anubis springing forth to do battle with Apophis, and then being forced back into his host. The student she inhabited sprang to her feet and moved in Thoth and John's direction with a fiery golden fire flaring up behind her green eyes. She hissed, "Fool of a cousin! The world's changed. No longer are we able to manifest outside the host. These mortals are non-believers of the old ways, and they do not believe the gods can walk amongst them, so it can not be. There is a battle ground we walk freely upon, and I expect the day that will happen is not far off. I suggest you prepare, and stop this impulsive behavior. The mortals are not ready for our return, and that can be all of our undoing if we force it."

The student frowned dazedly as the fire behind her eyes died out, and she looked around confusedly. She blinked at John and Thoth, trying to recognize them and asked hesitantly, "Um..." She shook her head and decided not to say anything further apparently. She looked around, and wandered off down the hallway, seemingly completely lost.

Wadjet manifested once again as the lioness headed goddess in the Duat. Though she was capable of traveling much faster, she opted to walk. It was time to think. She traveled thoughtlessly, as she considered what needed to be, and what could be undone. She stopped, and found herself at the entrance to the Hall of Two Truths. She entered, and looked around. She saw the scale, and Ammit dozing nearby. She had no use for the demon, it was Ma'at she sought. Ma'at most likely had moved into the mortal realm in these troubled times she knew, but there was always the chance. She sat on one of the polished granite benches and waited.

DeletedUser

Apophis

Apophis tensed for fight that he had felt thrumming through his host’s veins before it even happened, with a ferocity that had been building up ever since he had gotten here. Even though Toth had been wishy-washy in the past, Apophis had been hoping that he would put that aside this time and join the team that was undoubtedly going to win. When Anubis came up short and it became, apparent that something had gone wrong, the dark god relaxed and was about to deliver a snarky and insulting remark until Wadjet yelled at the god before disappearing.

Even though Apophis knew Toth was neutral, the god didn’t want to risk being in the same room with two other gods who weren’t on his team. Some may call it cowardly, but Apophis only knew it as being strategically, no use trying to do something that your not one hundred percent positive that you can finish it. Instead he threw quick sneer onto his face saying, “Better learn how to control your host there Anubis, event are falling into place fast, and you’re already aligned to the wrong side.”

The word side was barely even a word but instead the sound of smoke rising up into the air from where Apophis had been standing. The same moment the same smoke rose up into the air with the god in the middle of it off to the side of the building that he had Set near by. Lights were flashing and suddenly the low mummers of multiple people burst to screaming life as the cops that had been investigating the disappearance of the host that Anhur had been possessing. Bullets ripped through the air at Apophis, for his smokey entrance, before he disappeared again this time the Duat.

He had hoped to look for Set and ask for an update but since he was here, he headed way towards where he could sense Wadjet.

Ma'at/ Faye

Faye had been restless for the rest of the day as Ma’ats presence flashed in and out of her mind. Finally in the late morning the next day, Ma’at solidified in her mind and Faye made an audible sigh of relief.

‘One of my allies has moved close by, would it be alright if I took over so we could go?’ Ma’at spoke clearly into her mind and Faye gave a shrug, not really minding the way Ma’at taking over let her drift so lightly. The sun burned into Faye’s eyes as the goddess took it over and she was out the door within moments leaving light in here wake. Both of the mind’s occupants smiled as the warm wind hit their faces, Ma’at’s power being replenished since last time. They made it to an apartment complex that Faye used to have friend live in, and they made their way up the few flights of stairs before stopping at a door.

Ma’at knocked with enthusiasm, not wanting to scare Osiris’s host.

[{Sorry all! I had a bit of a hold up at home! I'm here though now :-D}]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ryan was looking at Wikipedia's article on Andromeda Gökadası (the Andromeda galaxy in Turkish), when he heard a knock at the door. He opened it, and saw a woman a few years younger than himself standing before him. "Hello", he said,"who might you be?"
"Glad to see you've finally found me!", said Osiris, enthusiastically.
"Do you know this chick?", Ryan asked, having no idea what Osiris was excited about.
"We go back a long ways", Osiris answered.

DeletedUser13682

After a rest, Athos got up to move again. But, before he could do so much as blink, he heard a voice, a close voice, so close that it seemed like it was in his head. After a second of listening, Athos figured out that it was in his head. A second later, he could make out what it was saying. "For a soldier, you're pretty pathetic. An Egyptian soldier, even a Nubian soldier could have defeated that body. But I guess you didn't know who was in it. Let me take over, and we'll get out of here." Athos, believing himself to have gone mental, decided to play along with his mind. "Look boy, I don't know what you mean. I haven't cared about Egyptian soldiers since my grandfather stopped talking about the Suez Crisis. And Israel can beat them any day of the week, so don't go telling me about how great they are." A sigh inside his head. "I'm talking about ancient Egypt. Old kingdom soldiers. Let me control your body, and we will be out of here." Athos just shrugged, and found himself switching to back seat watching, as his body was taken over.

"Welcome to the Duat. The 'superhighway' if you will, of the Egyptian gods. Can't find Set so I'm going with Apophis. Oh, I'm Anhur, by the way, patron god of Egyptian militaries. I took over you because I knpw you can handle anything, and I was hoping to escape to the Falklands, away from the other gods and have some fun. You passed my tests,the lights, the passing out,the puking. Lesser men would have died. Congratulations." Athos would have said something, but he could only think. What was not outside, Athos thought he was in a house, looking out the windows that were his eyes, he saw a strange place. "Hey Apophis! I want to talk to you!" yelled Anhur. "It is of great importance! If you don't come out soon, I'm going to leave and talk to Horus!"