The Gods Are Among Us

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser25825

( I dont remember Wadjet or Nekhbet being in the caracters for gods. )

OOC: Lord Regal advised the list was not the only gods available for play. He was looking for some specifics for the story, but that is fairly limiting IMHO.

After being informed there was no need to be taken in for treatment at the hospital, Sam was released by EMS at the scene of the fire. She stood up and returned to Jenkins's side. Both watched the fire crews fight a valiant, yet losing battle against the apartment blaze. Jenkins looked over at her and shook his head disapprovingly. "Sam... if you EVER do something that stupid again..."

Sam held her hand up and nodded as she wearily replied, "Tis okay Jack. I will'nae be doin' that again." Jenkins studied her for a few moments and nodded finally. He stood.

"C'mon Sam. Let's go get some coffee", Jenkins said. She nodded and headed back to the police cruiser. She climbed into the passenger seat, belted herself in, and looked out the window and the slowly tumbling building. As they pulled away from the scene and headed downtown.

DeletedUser

( Okay, And we are missing another caracter. Magicians. )

Thoth took his walk and dicided to go somewhere else. He went into the Duat and appered at a Coffee shop. " Well, while im here might a well have some coffee! " He sat outside and siped his coffee as a police car pulled in. He saw someone he knew comeout. Wadjet. He said not thinking, " Ahh and if it isn't Wadjet. " Then he relized he made a mistake. Maybe she didn't know she was a godling. He kept to him self.

DeletedUser25825

Sam stepped out of the cruiser and adjusted the equipment encircling her hips. She waited for Jenkins to circle round to her side and they headed into the coffee shop. She looked over at the man sitting there as he called out to them. She heard what he said, but did not understand what he muttered at the end part. She chose the diplomatic route with the man, and smiled politely and nodded as they walked into the shop. She stood at the counter with her partner as they waited for the black coffees to be poured. They paid for their drinks and headed back outside towards their cruiser. She paused at the man sitting outside, her current expression went blank looking and she turned her attention towards Thoth. She simply stated, "I have seen you. We should meet." Sam blinked several times, shook her head, and found herself looking at the man. She frowned slightly and asked, "I'm sorry... did yeh ask me somethin'?

DeletedUser

"No, nothing at all." Thoth knew he was lying, he was a terrible lyer. " You just seemed.... Familier." "Anyways I should be on my way." Thoth disappared into the Duat and returened to his office where something bad has happened. Baboons were screaming and computers where fliped over, papers everywhere. He asked Phil the Baboon what happened but he just continued yelping " Aggggh! Aggggggh!!!!" Thoth knew it was useless trying to clam down a baboon. So he went to investigate and found that this wasent people that did this. It was magic.

DeletedUser13682

After having no more flashbang incidents, or any incidents for that matter, Athos, and a few other officers, were walking over to the nearby bar. "Of course, I think that most things here are great. Major O'Malley did a great job. I only want to change one thing, very small. I think we should increase beach defence training. The Argentinians are starting to get restless." The officers nodded, and generally agreed, a few offered the best times, and before they knew it, they were at the bar.

The rest of the officers were already there, waiting for Major Thatcher. He said a quick hello, then ordered a pint for everybody, cheers erupted. "You know sir," a lieutenant (currently pronounce lef-ten-ant) said to Athos. "This is the first time in recent memory I can remember anybody giving us a pint. Bless ya, sir!"

Athos replied, "Well, expect a few more pints, if your bladder can hold it. Tomorrow is a rest day, except for me. I have to assign new recruits. But drink up! And don't expect anything like this again." The lieutenant ran off, to get another pint probably. After a little while, Athos finally got a pint, and called everybody to attention. "I'd just like to give a toast. To God, to Queen, to Country! To the defeat of Argentina, if they ever make the mistake of trying to take our Faulklands away from us! To you, and the soldiers back at the base, the best group of..." Athos suddely collapsed, spilling his beer all over the place, and prompting the least drunk of the officers to carry him back to his room. When Athos awoke, he found himself in his bed, with a captain and a lieutenant attending to him. "What happened?"

The captain looked at him, and replied, "You probably drank too much. You just need a rest. That toast would have been great."

DeletedUser25825

Wadjet felt her host was in a significant amount of safety to temporarily manifest in the Duat. Due to the times that were coming with the upcoming conflict, she chose to depict herself as the warrioress, a woman with a lioness's head wearing the Uraeusas. She cast her all seeing eye out into the Duat, searching the lines for Thoth. She was certain it was him. She idly wondered what his part in the future would be as she sighted that which she sought. She moved in that direction, found a suitable host in the form of a dozing college student in the Astronomical library, and forced her consciousness aside for the time being to manifest within. The student opened her eyes, gathered her things and abruptly stood. She moved through the corridors in search of Thoth. Wadjet sensed his presence nearby and turned the corner to see the mess that had been left behind, and Thoth standing nearby. She smiled at him and nodded her head in acknowledgement as she spoke, "Greetings Thoth. I apologize for earlier. My host is unaware of me, and I choose to keep it that way for now. What is it that you wished to speak of cousin?"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

" I fear the gods are disbanding. Im afraid we might have to take sides. " He shifted uneasily. A Baboon wen't up to Thoth, "Agggh Aghh!!!!!" "Oh yes that reminds me, do you pehalps know who distroyed my office? It wasen't a mortal because it was done with magic. "

Deleted User - 819397

John had heard some strange noises coming from a wing of the college. Always being the inquisitive type, he went to look. On the way toward where he thought he heard the noise he saw a baboon running around, utterly freaked. He wondered as to why a baboon was in the school, but then saw that a door down the hallway was half blasted off its hinges. He recognized the door as one of his teacher's offices. Oddly enough, his name didn't come to mind. Worried now, John ran into the office to see his teacher talking to another baboon. "Sir, are you all right?" he asked.

DeletedUser

Thoth was suprized by the sudden entry. " Yes John I am alright. Umm this is... a uhh friend of mine... More importaintly, Shouldn't you be studing John? You got a big quiz tommarow remember?" Thoth saw that John didnt belive it one bit and that something was up. Thoth told Wadjet he would talk later and Thoth wen't up to John. " Do you remember the gods of Eygpt?

DeletedUser25825

Wadjet considered whom among the pantheon of gods and goddesses could have done this destruction. The obvious answer was many. Each had their own power. She would have to think on it. She walked a short ways from Thoth and John and sat on a bench. She idly wondered what side Thoth would take. He, of all, was the balancer after all. She folded on leg over the other and sat back against the wall, while murmuring to herself, "What are you up to Apophis?"

DeletedUser

Thoth heard what she had said and gave a look that basicly ment, Shhh! Thoth didn't know whether John had heard it or not.

DeletedUser

Ma’at and Faye

--The Night Before--

Faye had never been very fond of closing up at the Lunar Stop for the obvious reason that coming from New York she was constantly wary of being out alone at night and that didn’t change last night. Not only was it dark but since it was a Wicca store, it was open later then a usual shop, to accommodate all sorts of people. She was even more anxious then usually because now she had what she hoped was a good deity of some sort residing inside her. That’s what Ma’at had told her, and after a little research, she confirmed the story and became accepting to the ancient Egyptian goddess of Justice and truth. Faye smiled at that thought, knowing what ever danger she was putting herself into for Ma’at was worth it because she was on the good side. That night thought the thought did not ease any of her anxiousness, and she only eased as the goddess whispered into her mind.

‘You really mustn’t worry child, I won’t lie that with me here you posses a large amount of power along with all the danger you are taking on. If anything happens I will guide you. Would you mind if tonight I took over’

Faye accepted with a nod and offered a non-verbal thanks in form of a smile before shutting the lights and stepping out of the shop locking up. Only it wasn’t Faye by the time she was stepping down from the stoop that led up to the store. Faye’s normal jewel like green eyes seemed to take on a golden glint to them, making them seem more like a leaf just about to go gold in autumn, and her usually pale almost white hair brightened and started to ruffle lightly in a wind that wasn’t there. Faye was still able to watch from a backseat of her mind, but Ma’at was in control now, and she closing her new gold tinted eyes, trying to locate her allies, Osirus and Horus who she had felt awaken, but was unable. Faye had really ran her physical self into the ground with work today, and it seemed even with Ma’at’s added strength and power, her abilities were weakened.

Faye thought to Ma’at ‘Tomorrow’s my day off though, we can look for your friends then, for now we should go back to the dorm,’ and Ma’at her self nodded in agreement. She didn’t relinquish her hold on the body though, and walked them back to the dorm where Faye had been residing.

--Present Day--
Ma’at awoke to Faye’s anxious thoughts of over sleeping. It seemed that it was already late day, and both residents of the body assumed it must have been it getting used to sustaining two souls. Ma’at sent out a loud message to Osirus and Horus with her now rested body. They needed to meet up, and quickly.

Apophis
Without any notice or sound Apophis materialized right next to Set with a nod of acknowledgment before asking, “Have you found him? It is dire that we have him, Anhur is an ally we cannot lose to Ra, he is the god of war, the patron saint of the old Egyptian army, a necessity,” blinking his hosts eyes which ever since his invasion seemed to be completely black. Apophis had been about to devour the soul that had occupied this body when he took over when he came with the idea to make the low life watch what his easy take over was allowing Apophis to do. Once the boy saw the evil deed done, the god had a feeling that his soul would be extra delicious with remorse, sorrow, and anger, making the wait of not eating him very worth while. He snickered to himself as the boy screamed in rage trying to escape the god’s grasp in their mind, before he looked back over to Set.

Both of them had been fortunate in finding such easily taken over hosts, though Apophis was unaware of the trouble Set was having. Nobody would miss these two men, and the two powerful gods knew that, so there would be no suspicion of any mortal of who they really were. Apophis looked up to the building they were standing besides sensing undoubtedly what Set was, the presence of Anhur, but they had to be careful, not all gods were as accepting of completely taking over their mortals bodies, they could scare away Anhur or his host before they would even have a chance to do anything. They had to do this like mortals, and the god was not happy with that. He had no idea what Set was planning to do to get Anhur, but he had an itching feeling it was going to be unpleasant.

Before Set could reply, Apophis felt Wadjet’s question and disappeared again, not caring to the damage he was most likely causing his hosts body and soul with traveling the way he did. He reappeared next to Wadjet moments later, the dark aftermath of teleporting swirling away like the smoke of a modern day cigarette. His hosts dark black hair hung of his eyes and he dusted it away trying to look normal after such a not normal, and said, “Wadjet, have you any news?”

[{OOC: lmao yay! Reading everyone’s posts has resolved a lot of my questions concerning who is on whose side! :-D}]

Deleted User - 819397

John looked at his teacher oddly. "Yeah, I've heard of them...but what do they have to do with your office?" Even as he said that, he knew something was about to change his life forever.

DeletedUser

" What would happen if I said maybe a god had done this, and that I was pehalps... a god. I know you will be doubting so here is my bit of proof. " Thoth opened his hand and a flame sat on his hand. He closed is hand and it went away.

Deleted User - 819397

John gasped. "I...I didn't know...may I ask which one you are, and who you suspect did this to your office?" An internal voice said This will be...interesting...asking him questions...when he doesn't like giving straight answers. John thought it odd that he had thought that, as he didn't know who the being in front of him was.

DeletedUser

" Quiet Anubis. Anyways, I am Thoth, god of knowlage and Who wreaked my officer? I don't know but it seems more importaintly is that Anubis is... to make it easy, kinda posessing you in a way. "

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 819397

John laughed. He couldn't help it. "I'm sorry, but wouldn't I know if I had a god inside of me? I cannot deny you're Thoth...that much is seemingly certain as you did summon that flame...but I'm me! I don't have anyone else inside me!" The voice in his head spoke again, don't dismiss an idea until you are certain it is wrong.

DeletedUser

The next day, Ryan stepped through the door of his clinic, finishing off the last few drops of his coffee. His boss was there to greet him. "I have news for you, Ryan", he said.
"That's always a bad sign", thought Ryan.
"You've been promoted".
"What?" It came as a shock to him. He hadn't even done anything notable as of late. How could this be?
"You've been promoted", his boss repeated. "You have two options: find a similar job elsewhere in Arizona, or get a higher-paying one in Salem, Illinois." Ryan would have preferred Arizona for a variety of reasons, but before he could make up his mind, a voice he didn't recognize said "pick Illinois".
"Uhhh... OK," said Ryan, "I'll be on my way. It's been a pleasure working for you", he said without the slightest hint of sincerity. He tossed his coat aside and headed out the door. Back at home, he set himself up with an apartment in Salem, thinking "have I gone insane? Illinois sucks compared to Arizona."
"You're doing this right thing", the voice insisted.
"Yep, I'm definitely going insane", he thought, while gazing at Wikipedia's page on the Egyptian pantheon ("Egyptští bohové", since he translated the page into Czech).

DeletedUser

" See, he is talking to you. Anubis may I ask why have you taken John? "

DeletedUser13682

The next day, with most of the officers suffering from a hangover, a priveledge they would never get again, if Athos had anything to say about it, Athos was inspecting the new recruits. "Alright, you go to Lieutenant Swanson, you get to go to Lieutenant Price, and you get to go to Lieutenant McManus. That's it, welcome to the Falklands, and may Anhur, I mean God, guide you on your way." Very strange, thought Athos. Don't even know who Anhur is. Probably some character on some old war film I've forgotten about. A little later, Athos was outside the base, puking his guts out. Nearby, what looked like a bum was watching him intently. "Bugger off. You hear me? I said get out of here!" Athos reatched for his L106A1 from its holster, and aimed it at the bum. "Get out! This is a restricted area, not for beggers and bums."