P&P The flurry of W9 fort battles

DeletedUser

LMAO Marcothy, you need to realize that when a town only sends 2-3 people to our fort battles, we aren't really going to come in your defense. When a town sends 60+ to help us take back a fort, that does speak volumes to us and we know who we can count on to help us in the future.

DeletedUser

Wrangler, you've never approached me for help, and I have never seen Daija post anything about a request for help from Oddville except one that went out late in early August, that very few could make in time. So you used your judgement based on help that was sent-yet never really asked for. We can debate the reasons/justifications all we want, including the 6+ hour trip time away your fort resides. Certainly, players are not going to make that trip for giggles, or ride out there just to see that they are sitting it out and wasted 12 hours.

Oddville has made a clear choice though, they've now backed it up publicly. One thing Middleton has never done, is sided against you.

Things are much better understood from where we sit today though, friend of my enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just to clarify, I have sent out tele's when help's been requested, and I've made forum posts. Since they were old, the posts have since been deleted though.

you need to realize that when a town only sends 2-3 people to our fort battles, we aren't really going to come in your defense.

I will say though Wrangler, in all our battles, the only Oddville person to ever show was BenBen has been the only one to make an appearance, although some may have been sat on the date of our most recent defensive battle.

I'd also explained to Ben and Leona both why we couldn't be present for that particular battle. We had friendly relations with a few people on each end, and because of that we refrained from taking any action. More people on the opposite end of the battle had previously assisted us than Oddville-ites, but rather than saying "more of them showed up to help us, so we're shafting you" we just chose to stay neutral on that battle.

DeletedUser

LMAO-come off it Leona, seriously? You think SSF's goals in the 3 seperate attacks they've had on our forts that they had no intention or desire for winning? Give me a freaking break. That's the most rediculous crap I have ever heard.

Leona-you are an intelligent person, so don't play stupid any further with the:
Total crap.

First, thank you for saying that I am an intelligent person, that was nice said. :)

Of course SSF's goals were to win, so were your goals today too, else it was a terrible waste of your people's hard earned money if you really didn't care. It has earlier really P.O.'ed me when I have found out that I was called to a fort battle that didn't really matter to the fort owners, just ask Denisero, she was recently at the receiving end of my wrath. ;) [Sorry, Denisero, but I really was P.'ed off and I was harsh on you for it. Maybe too harsh. Sorry :sad:]

You knew there were attacks planned on SSF by us as of 5 days ago. You knew it was multiple forts, and you knew another town was casting one of the attacks.
Yes, you gave me that information, unwanted information I told you, and we had a long conversation about it, long at least from my side. I have later been told that you had sent a similar telegram as the first you sent to me to at least one other founder where I was so kind to get back to you about it. Again, you didn't really disclose anything other than it was a multiple challenge at the same time, the numbers of forts you talked about were higher than the number you actually pulled off, so you can say that you fooled me, not that I care about that, I am not that thin-skinned.

If you have a beef with Galt's and you chose to side against us for it, it is what it is.

You have 3 options in a battle, neutral, for or against. So cut the [crap] and call a spade a spade.
Yes, as I said in an earlier post we have been neutral in regards of the Galt's towns, and we have been for you in the Middleton towns, but that changed after our latest fort battle, the numbers were convincing and they made us change our stance.

I don't know what spade you are talking about here, maybe you will elaborate on what I should call it's right name?

As far as us sending you help, I never received word of it that you needed help. You can't expect help-when it wasn't asked for. And that goes for any of your fort battles.
No, benben7 sent telegrams to Daija, it has been her who has been our contact in Middleton, I have never encountered you before neither in the game nor here. I have read your posts here, you probably have read mine, apparently we haven't found any reasons to take any contact with each other before a week ago. I'm kind of sorry that we haven't, I think we could have had some good banter with each other. :) You seem like a pretty smart person yourself and I always enjoy communicating with people who knows the game and who are able to have some creative thoughts.

Your actions define you, not the ifs, ands, or buts. You know better.
Of course they do, I and the others in our staff look more at actions than at words, words are cheap, they are easily written, but if they are worthless when it comes to action I and we can't really use them for anything. An alliance where the allied conveniently stays away when we ask for help, that tells us more than any fine words. We actually dropped our alliances after we lost our big fort and started to look for new alliances among people who have shown their worth to us through their actions.

You made up 40+% of their force and you had the majority present. Without you, they were outnumbered considerably. BTW-you had 44 present, SSF had 26. I gave the credit where credit was due based off of who was there.

Oh yea, and the 6 people who fought on our side of it. You are so right, the MPA was not heavy handed in who their aid went to.
Uhm, I only count 17 Odd people in the JJB battle, there was 1 Odd person in the other, I don't know why she went there, that was her decision, I have no intentions of telling her off because of that, we don't treat our people as pawns and I guess she had her reasons.

As for the other MPA towns, they were on their own in this, you can believe me or not, I am a very honest person, which you should know about me by now, why should I lie about that it wasn't an MPA fort battle? Yes, I informed the other MPA towns, as I told you, but there were no consensus about that this was something we would enter together.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, if you think you can see a joint action from the MPA town's side, be my guest, nothing I say can convince you otherwise if this is what you think you see.

As a number freak, I think you would know the numbers better.
I read the numbers fine, thank you very much. :)

I think for someone who is a killer with words, would understand the implications of this statement. Unless it your intention to say publicly that Oddville/MPA is now enemies of Middleton.
It was a saying, that saying about your enemy's friend is your enemy and visa versa, sayings have many meanings, even English is not my first language I understand it well enough to know that even sayings contain some truths and can be used to express a lot, sometimes they shall not be taken too literally. Who would walk around with a bird in their pocket, literally, even one is better there than 10 on the roof, it says? Not anyone of their right mind if you ask me! :D

About our stance towards Middleton, well, the future will show, won't it? Your allied are not popular in our towns, to say the least, there is another saying that says tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. Associating yourselves with some we are not fan of, well that falls back on you. And the sudden influx of Kaskus people to help you tells us a lot. Again, congratulations with having them woken up from their hibernation, I'm happy that they haven't gone totally into a stupor. But it confirms us in our opinions of you that you associate yourselves with them.

Ok, these are the words from me for now. ;) :laugh:

Wrangler, you've never approached me for help, and I have never seen Daija post anything about a request for help from Oddville except one that went out late in early August, that very few could make in time. So you used your judgement based on help that was sent-yet never really asked for. We can debate the reasons/justifications all we want, including the 6+ hour trip time away your fort resides. Certainly, players are not going to make that trip for giggles, or ride out there just to see that they are sitting it out and wasted 12 hours.

Oddville has made a clear choice though, they've now backed it up publicly. One thing Middleton has never done, is sided against you.

Things are much better understood from where we sit today though, friend of my enemy.

WOW, your people must be poor since they can't afford some proper riding animals. It took me 3 hours to ride to the fort battle today, with my best adventurer riding gear though, it may have taken me a little longer with some not so good riding gear.

Just to clarify, I have sent out tele's when help's been requested, and I've made forum posts. Since they were old, the posts have since been deleted though.

I will say though Wrangler, in all our battles, the only Oddville person to ever show was BenBen has been the only one to make an appearance, although some may have been sat on the date of our most recent defensive battle.

I'd also explained to Ben and Leona both why we couldn't be present for that particular battle. We had friendly relations with a few people on each end, and because of that we refrained from taking any action. More people on the opposite end of the battle had previously assisted us than Oddville-ites, but rather than saying "more of them showed up to help us, so we're shafting you" we just chose to stay neutral on that battle.

That was what we were told by our former allied as well. :dry:

Yes, benben7 has been very active in riding to fort battle, myself, I have had a longer period recently where issues in real life have occupied my time, my characters have been almost inactive in some other worlds because of this. I would have come too, I deeply regret that it wasn't possible for me. We haven't ordered our people to come and help you out, it was our impression that you had the help you needed, specially after that high profile fort battle where you had more people than you needed, and you didn't ask us specifically for help. Had you done that we would have called our people to go and help you out. I know that several of our people don't consider the riding time over to you as something special, they go and duel our attackers from other counties without any whining. That's the price of living in the corner of the world, we have to ride far to get elsewhere where the actions are.

We have been friendly with Middleton up till that last fort battle. I kept your man in the battle by star'ing him so he shouldn't have come in vain.

DeletedUser

Leona-heres the concept you fail to get.

You hold it against towns who have allies who you deem as an enemy. No town is going to bend and break itself to the on again off again whims of your town.

That's the very reason you have an issue with Kaskus. Apparently, its a reason you have issues with us. You cannot sit here and tell us you are our friends in one side, yet you sided with a federation we are at war with against us.

As for MPA, you yourself told me you were communicating our discussions with them, as you felt it was a decision that concerned you all as a whole. I myself explained to you how your actions would be perceived given our conversations.

That said, you yourself took that stance. MPA as a whole happened to be on your side as well. So, I cannot take your words in one moment, and simply say what you say is true...yet, hear what you say here and say-what she says is true when they directly contradict each other. If you cannot draw the foregone conclusion from the appearance of your alliance making a strong showing against us, then I take back my comment for you being intelligent.

BTW-did you, who regard us as "friends"-communicate to us your intentions despite our ongoing conversation? Before, during or afterward.

As for the enemy of my enemies statement, you should read the saying, see how its interpreted. Its actually a quite famous saying that has a very specific meaning and has been around a lot longer than your computer. There's no real shades of grey or abstract meaning to it. Don't know what it means to call a spade a spade? Its another saying-with still, a pretty specific meaning.

DeletedUser

Marcothy and Daija - heres the concept you both fail to get.

If you are unwilling to help others and make sacrifices, such as a six hour walk (BOO HOO, lamest excuse EVER), than they will be unwilling to help you.

The hour that I heard that Oddville, a town filled with individuals whom I respect and enjoy conversations with was attacking another fort, I immediately, without even thinking twice, sent out 188 telegrams to anyone and everyone that I knew could help out my good friends in their attack.

Now its your turn to make excuses for not showing up, eh Marcothy? 6 hours walk. Too far for your middleton folks.

I was hoping for a good fight yet you left 23 of your members out to dry in the main fort attack. Why cant you take us on like a man instead of having to rely on us not sending aide to our small fort? Why cant you fight us 128 vs 128 and once and for all prove that you have better tactics?

I was expecting to gain respect for your towns today and to have good fun battles. The only thing that I learned today is that in order to take a fort as a Middleton player, you cant have good tactics or strategies, you simply have to fake an attack on a fort that actually matters and than take a small fort. Congrats on your grand victory!

DeletedUser

Leona-heres the concept you fail to get.

You hold it against towns who have allies who you deem as an enemy. No town is going to bend and break itself to the on again off again whims of your town.

That's the very reason you have an issue with Kaskus. Apparently, its a reason you have issues with us. You cannot sit here and tell us you are our friends in one side, yet you sided with a federation we are at war with against us.

BTW-did you, who regard us as "friends"-communicate to us your intentions despite our ongoing conversation? Before, during or afterward.

I wrote as a reply to Daija:

We have been friendly with Middleton up till that last fort battle. ....

Of course I can't decide on your behalf who you want to befriend or have as allies. That is none of our business at all. What we do, as staff of the Odd towns, is to look at what you have done for us compared to what others have done.

I allow myself to quote from my own telegrams to you, I think I can do that as they are written by me.

I wrote to you and I'll put in bold what you maybe or maybe didn't paid attention to:

But of course that friendship we have formed with each other [Markus, LewisMcMahon, and I] also have spread over to here, so when we challenged the big fort, which we won last Wednesday, I asked them for help, and they certainly showed up. There were 60+ people from SSF here, including Markus, I star'ed them all as they came from several hours away, but there was a glitch in the server, that glitch that later caused the fort battle later that night in w6 to be totally [word that can be seen as obscene] up so it never happened, made that my latest star'ings were not registered ..... So friendships means something too in this game. It made an impression on us here in the Odd towns to see how many people who were willing to come and help us out, there were 200+ people here to help, and some of them came in vain, the server [removed word that can be understood as obscene] up and not all of them got a space in the battle.

Benben7 sent a telegram to Daija as well, he told that it wasn't opened the day after the battle, and one - 1 - person from Middleton were here. I specially star'ed him to be in the battle, again he came far away and he should not come in vain. We have asked Daija for help in all our fort battles, she has been nice to come herself together with 2 - 3 others from Middleton. We have been grateful for this, and I know both benben7 and I have told her this.

As you say yourself, actions build trust, it speaks louder than words. And we look at actions in the Odd towns. We look at who have been there for us when we have asked for help.

As I told you, I am not alone to decide, I take things, everything actually, to our staff and my co-founder for them to weigh in with their opinions. We side on that side that sides with us, when FFS showed us that they were willing to send 60+ people over to help us how can it surprise you that we then want to return that favor they showed us? That's good sense for strategy I think. I actually think I expressed our stance to you in those telegrams. Of course I could have been blunt with you and told you to go [obscene word] yourself, but that is not my style. Sorry for that. :sad: My co-founder would have been that blunt with you but you didn't ask him, and that's also the reason why he lets me have the communications with people, I am more polite. ;)

You seem kind of miffed that we have chosen to go and help out SSF instead of you in your plan together with the Galt's towns, that you didn't get that outcome you had expected. That is rather childish I think, you don't always get what you want, we certainly didn't get what we wanted when we asked our former allies for help, and what we got from you were very sparse compared to what we got from SSF. Does that make us enemies? Time will tell, but you are right, we have shown which side we are on. So have you.

We have stayed out of your ongoing war with each other, none of us would like to enter that, plus your war is of no concerns to us. I only shake my head sometimes when I read your posts to each other here about it. Fort battles on the other hand, yes, we go with those who have shown us that they wanted to help us out in ours. Again, we don't spit in the faces of those who have helped us out earlier. And 60+ people are more than 3 - 4 - 5 people all in all.

You can choose to be miffed about this, it is your choice.

As for MPA, you yourself told me you were communicating our discussions with them, as you felt it was a decision that concerned you all as a whole. I myself explained to you how your actions would be perceived given our conversations.

That said, you yourself took that stance. MPA as a whole happened to be on your side as well. So, I cannot take your words in one moment, and simply say what you say is true...yet, hear what you say here and say-what she says is true when they directly contradict each other. If you cannot draw the foregone conclusion from the appearance of your alliance making a strong showing against us, then I take back my comment for you being intelligent.
Yes, I informed the staff of the other MPA towns about our communications, I didn't expect any decisions and we reached none, it was pure informations for the others to read. Maybe what they read made them choose to go with that side they chose, I am really not that powerful, I consider the founders of the other MPA towns as smart people, I am sure they can decide for themselves, plus I'm sure they would object if I tried to manipulate them into doing something they don't want to do themselves. But maybe the content of our communication made them choose to go and help out the SSF towns, maybe they just were as impressed by that help we got in our fort battle from the SSF towns as us, the staff in the Odd towns? Who knows, I don't. I'm sure they can speak for themselves here if they have something to tell you. I am not their mouthpiece.

If you think less of my IQ now, so be it. Personally I don't care how I am perceived, people are allowed to their opinions, it's not important to me if some, including you, think I'm pretty daft. Be my guest, think about me what you want. One thing though, I am not a pleaser, so please don't think about me that I will try to appease you. :)

As for the enemy of my enemies statement, you should read the saying, see how its interpreted. Its actually a quite famous saying that has a very specific meaning and has been around a lot longer than your computer. There's no real shades of grey or abstract meaning to it. Don't know what it means to call a spade a spade? Its another saying-with still, a pretty specific meaning.
Well, my Baby Blue is only 8 months old, the Penryn T9400 in it hasn't become obsolete yet. :laugh: I sure will look up that statement, if I find out that it has a very explicit meaning, then my bad, my fault is that I often hear expressions in English I think I know the meaning of, but then it sometimes means something different than I thought. I'm happy that you, as an American (you are an American, right?) will set me straight about my English, I learn something new all the time. That's why I like so much to post on International message boards. :)

I asked you to elaborate more on what it was I should call a spade, meaning calling it it's right name. It's still unclear to me, I'm sorry for that.

DeletedUser

LMAO Marcothy, you need to realize that when a town only sends 2-3 people to our fort battles, we aren't really going to come in your defense. When a town sends 60+ to help us take back a fort, that does speak volumes to us and we know who we can count on to help us in the future.

howdy i am very tired because i work hard in 24 hour past
if you say me for now i send +128 helper for your town and federation :D in the future:D
see you
( i am sorry my english not good but i know all )

DeletedUser

howdy i am very tired because i work hard in 24 hour past
if you say me for now i send +128 helper for your town and federation :D in the future:D
see you
( i am sorry my english not good but i know all )

Khiar has been the greatest reason for our success in communicating as a whole within Silversnake and bringing so many individuals to the battle.

To be honest, he really is the reason we have been able to turn around our lack-luster image as poor supporters and I can now safely say that any ally, any time, will receive over 70 soldiers at their doorstep, willing to assist in whatever is needed.

This is the new silversnake. This is a loyal version of our predecessors. We are a proud group of individuals who never back down and are afraid of no one, yet I realize that without the support of others, we will fall.

That is why I MUST give credit where credit is due... I am not going to specifically name individual towns who fought alongside us and have been for some time, they dont want to join our war and I dont want to drag them in, yet they greatly helped us.

Who I have respect for more than anyone: Victor Kruger, leader of red light. I want to make it official for his and the rest of the redlight players reputation as I owe it to them: They ARE NOT allies with us. They are a group of mercenaries that will be seen fighting against SSF just as much as fighting besides us.

DeletedUser10982

I am impressed at how wonderful this game really is.

Calling a spade a spade is what I am really about marcothy and to see your inner feelings worn on your sleeve for all to see, shows me you love this game to the max and/or dislike those people who don't agree with you or do not side with your point of view.

I too am passionate about this game and I treat people as they treat me. As an individual town, we decided to support SSF because of Markus and the support he gave us before he was involved with SSF. So our assistance in these fort battles was based on an old friendship.

For your information and hopefully to clear up any bias you appear to have formed about the MPA, I think a brief explanation about the MPA will put it into a true prospective.

The MPA is an association of like towns looking for mutual protection from large alliances or groups of towns who may attack an individual town or group at their whim.

We are all individual towns or groups of towns who operate separately and we make our own decisions separately.

For what ever reason, each member of the MPA made it's own decision on which side of the fence it would take at the fort battles today.

If you, Galts or anyone were to challenge an EK fort at any time, you would find us supporting you, if you were to challenge a MPA fort at any time, you would find us against you.

We are individual towns who make our own decisions for the best interest of our people and towns.

Cheers Kiwi

DeletedUser

To add to Kiwi's last point I would like to stress the fact that we are individual towns. Rather than try and control every minute detail of a town's politics, towns are given freedom to act how they way they want for most events

I have been away for the last four days and so missed this drama concerning these various fort battles. However I do feel that it would be ridiculous giving the support which the SSF gave to Oddville, if Oddville then attacked them

Marcothy, I've lost the exact quote but I recall one in this thread debating whether you should consider Oddville/The MPA an enemy. At this stage I do not think a fighting with Oddville would inevitably end up with war with the MPA but it would be a very possible threat. I've spoken to you privately about this so will go no further here

DeletedUser

Marcothy and Daija - heres the concept you both fail to get.

If you are unwilling to help others and make sacrifices, such as a six hour walk (BOO HOO, lamest excuse EVER), than they will be unwilling to help you.

I think what you fail to understand from the couple responses I've posted is that we HAVE sent more people to their aid than they've sent to ours (1 person, thanks again Ben) yet their Wrangler wanted to act like their support had greatly outnumbered ours ;) (edited to add: but even though this was true, we didn't use it as an excuse to oppose them in a battle against other folks we were friendly with, and instead remained neutral.)

That is not a concept that we fail to understand, we've helped everyone who's asked for it, with the exception of battles that overlap with ours, or those that take place where we have friends on both sides.

Wrangler was the first to complain about this, and I was merely trying to show him that while our support might not have been huge in his eyes, it was numerically far superior to the support we'd received from his town.

As for the rest of the drama, I don't care lol - you lost respect for us because you didn't like having defend multiple forts, and we lost respect for your fellows who threw a fit and dropped the f-bomb more times than Cheney would have lol

Personally I would have lost respect for us if we'd stolen someone else's finished large fort before we'd accomplished that same task on our own, but that's just me.

DeletedUser

Daija can I just add for the record, while I agree with some of what you see, the first big Middleton and SSF fort battle, my town (and from what I understand others from the MPA) DID remain neutral. At that stage, we, and myself personally, were grateful to both of your powers for the help which you had given us in the past, in particular that of your aid in our own fort battle for Star County

To avoid incidents, we have chosen to remain impartial in the past

DeletedUser

FFAF, KiwiSport:

I've sent you both pms. The drama created here, isn't MPA drama, and never should have been. I explain in detail why this action crossed Middleton the wrong way in those pms. Most of which are not reasons that Diablo or other towns of the MPA were a part of.

The rest are welcome to continue this drama, as for me-I am checking out. :nowink:

DeletedUser

Same. And by the way, I'm still going to come duel you as repayment for that traumatic incident when I was a little level 15 or so dueler, playing his first world and with pretty much no dueling stats and you came and violently attacked me :D

DeletedUser

YEA! I will get to use my Fab tactics in a fight for a change. SSF always makes me use my appearance...:p

DeletedUser

FFAF, KiwiSport:

I've sent you both pms. The drama created here, isn't MPA drama, and never should have been. I explain in detail why this action crossed Middleton the wrong way in those pms. Most of which are not reasons that Diablo or other towns of the MPA were a part of.

The rest are welcome to continue this drama, as for me-I am checking out. :nowink:

Well, it was yourself who dragged this up to become a drama. I'm happy that you now realize that it wasn't an MPA action. :)

DeletedUser

A lesson on cause and effect Leona-would do you well.

A lesson on knowing how to act when you represent more than yourself, and more than your town, would go a long way as well.

And I said the Drama isn't MPA's, it doesn't mean this is over for you. It certainly isn't for me. See you soon.

DeletedUser

Marcothy, I have traveled 15 hrs for fort battles and still was able to participate in them.

DeletedUser

Wrangler, we can go round in round all day long. When you initiate a fort battle-you have 24 hours. Its not really a matter of just travel time. if you had found out in the 10th hour, you wouldn't have.

You get word theres a battle and someone needs help, its 6 hours away, but starts in 4 hours. Not much you can do about that. That was the scenario that played out in actuality. Not everyone checks this game every few hours like some of us nuts.

There are reasons you would travel the distance for a fort battle. But no one is traveling across the map just because there happens to be a fort battle.

Sure, we will travel, and we have. That's not the point that was made. Riding it out for expletive and giggles-as was originally put, means you are doing it just because you want to, not because there was a request for it.