P&P The flurry of W9 fort battles

DeletedUser

Thanks everyone who came out to support the three attacks on our silversnake forts today, the JBB battle was a good one, though the result was very one sided, but the other two were imbalanced from the start based on sheer number of participants.

As I have stated before, there is a huge imbalance in fort battles for the defender and it is rather futile to attempt to take a fort even when the attacking and defending numbers are similar.

I was watching the JBB battle and saw that the galts gulch folks tried to gain control of the towers, which are stronger sectors, yet got massacred instantly by the mush of people in the center of the fort that we had defending. This strategy was not very effective as by the 13th round this battle was essentially over and they only KOd 25% of our defenders.

The phalanx/ group everyone in the middle defense is unbeatable, especially if the attacker does not have 100% activity, which is nearly impossible from 128 members.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How has it proved it for once and for all when its been done on other worlds?

:p

DeletedUser

I want to see those other fort battles replays to see what the attackers did in order to win.

DeletedUser

Hahah yah that was a pretty bad tactic lol. That battle was pretty much over after the first wave of people decided to jump up on the tower on the left side haha. what battle did you end up at saucey?

DeletedUser13484

I really enjoyed the battle at JJB it was one of the best i have been in.

It was abit touch and go at the start but they started dropped like flies.

Well done you keeped 2 forts out of 3 what was attacked you guy should be proud of what they did today :)

DeletedUser

MPA should be proud, given they made up more than half of JJB's defense. The only thing SSF did was defend against a 23 man attack.

Thanks everyone who came out to support the three attacks on our silversnake forts today, the JBB battle was a good one, though the result was very one sided, but the other two were imbalanced from the start based on sheer number of participants.
A 23 player advantage is a fairly heavy advantage that you are pretending did not exist. But-I guess its good to know now that MPA is in with SSF. Otherwise, SSF would have been on the short end of 2 of the 3 battles, as I would have suspected.

DeletedUser

Hey!

I have a question... how can I see a fort battle? Do I have to be at the battle place or can I watch it by just being online at the time?

Also, is it possible to see a battle after it happened? Like a report or a replay?

Thanks!

DeletedUser

When its happening, theres an button with a picture of the iroquis soldier on it, you can just click on it when your online.

There's not a replay function on the game unfortunately.

DeletedUser

I actually feel a bit let down as I dutifully rode over to Silversnake West only to find a pretty pathetic defence was put up. I got my arse handed to me, gained no experience and then saw what was written in the fort profile. That was not very classy. I was very disappointed in SS for that! :sad:

DeletedUser

[removed by mod for language]
really lacking in class and shamed the SS alliance.

Edit by Denisero: I understand you want to share what the fort said but it is inappropriate for the forum and also for in game. If you see something like that again please report it by opening an in game ticket. Settings>Support>Breach of Rules

DeletedUser

MPA should be proud, given they made up more than half of JJB's defense. The only thing SSF did was defend against a 23 man attack.

A 23 player advantage is a fairly heavy advantage that you are pretending did not exist. But-I guess its good to know now that MPA is in with SSF. Otherwise, SSF would have been on the short end of 2 of the 3 battles, as I would have suspected.

First, let me say this: The fort battles today weren't MPA fort battles. If they were you wouldn't have seen MPA town members fight on your side. If you look carefully you'll find several MPA town members fight on your side in the battles, Marcothy. :)

So we can't really take the credit you give us here. We are not power crazed with swelled heads in MPA so we don't want any credit we haven't deserved. ;)

As for the participation from the Odd towns in the JJB's defence, that's pretty simple. It was a Galt's town that challenged, we were asked to come and help out and we did.

In case you wonder why we chose to help SSF out in the JJB battle, take a look at these numbers from our fort battles (feel free to check the numbers yourself, they are available for all to see):

Odd Fort

Jul 29, 2009 2:58 PM

From Middleton: 2 defenders.

Aug 26, 2009 9:30 PM

From Middleton: 1 attacker.

From SSF: 36 attackers. In fact there were 66 people from SSF to help us out but a glitch in the server apparently didn't register my last star'ings of them, so they didn't make it to the battle.

Odd Fort Jr.

Aug 5, 2009 5:01 PM

From Middleton: 3 defenders.

Aug 14, 2009 4:47 PM

From Middleton: None, as the challenge of the Middleton fort by the SSF took place at the same time as our fort battle.

If we could have made it, we would have come and helped defending your fort, Marcothy, and I think we would have been more than those max. 3 people you have sent to help us out. But that's how we are, we help those we consider as our friends. :)

(If I have overlooked some SSF people here in these numbers, please bear with me, I am only making a point to Marcothy here)

Us from the Odd towns may be odd but we are not stupid. We look at numbers and these numbers shown above spoke volume to us about who we can rely on when we need them to help us out. So of course we turn to their side when they need our help. That's a no brainer, you don't spit in people's faces after they have saved your [behind]. That would be foolish to do that, and we are not fools.

Most of all, you had the Kaskus towns woken up from their hibernation. That's pretty impressing as we never were able to do that, make them come to help us out when we needed their help as our allied. So a huge congratulations from me for that. :D You had 28 people from the Kaskus towns to come and help you take over that little fort, and you had 3 from the Kaskus towns to help you at the big SSF fort. That's 30 Kaskus people all in all and that is pretty impressive. That also speaks volume to us in the Odd towns to see this, this makes us even more convinced that we took the right side, again we are odd, we believe in that old word, that one about the friend of our enemy is our enemy and the enemy of our enemy is our friend. Again, that's us, we help those who are our friends. :)

Too bad we haven't got to know each other before, Marcothy. Not only am I deadly with words, I am also a number freak, so is my co-founder, we look at numbers and decide from them. But that's how we are, odd. ;) :D

DeletedUser

[removed quote for language - please see edit in post #12]
Minus the *'s was the exact quote.

I was massively disappointed considering we've always been amicable after battles and commended both sides - plus Markus was demanding that we initiate battles on the forums but I guess we weren't really supposed to lol

DeletedUser

Besides, it was interesting for us to see that the Middleton towns now have sided with the Galt's towns.

This is an interesting development, I'm sure the Middleton towns soon will find out what they have let themselves into with this. :D

Good luck with that co-operation. :laugh:

DeletedUser

Minus the *'s was the exact quote.

I was massively disappointed considering we've always been amicable after battles and commended both sides - plus Markus was demanding that we initiate battles on the forums but I guess we weren't really supposed to lol

Daija, I didn't read in Markus' invitation, or "demand" as you call it, that you should initiate a multiple attack at the same time. No, your intention was to take over the forts, not as a friendly banter as a single battle would be.

DeletedUser

Daija, I didn't read in Markus' invitation, or "demand" as you call it, that you should initiate a multiple attack at the same time. No, your intention was to take over the forts, not as a friendly banter as a single battle would be.

Leona, to start with, we've worked with Galt's ever since they came into existence, it's not a new development. The battles you've stood by our side during, are the same that they have.

Second, please don't forget Gaffey's era where they started two fort battles in succession on our 2 forts back in the day. Clearly though, that's not at all the same as us doing it ;)

DeletedUser

Good for you that you side with the Galt's towns. Again, good luck with that. ;)

We have been quite neutral to them until recently for reasons I won't discuss here. If you want to know, send me an ingame telegram or a PM here.

So it was never a problem to us before to stand beside you together with them, which we have done. We have shown our support to you when we were able to do. Not with many people as it's only a fraction of us who like to ride to fort battles, and we haven't ordered our people to go and fight on your side, it has been up to themselves if they wanted to, just as you yourself and those couple of people who chose to come and help us. Which both benben7 and I have expressed our gratitude for.

Of course it's equal, multiple fort battles at the same time is a well-known strategy, the EK towns have used it, we have talked about using it, it's not exactly original thinking, I read in Marcothy's post that he was whining because you couldn't pull it off to win them all. But it was clever that you made them believe that it was their big fort you would take over where it was the small fort. I would have thought that myself if I was Markus, or we would have made the priority to defend the big fort ourselves as they did.

So now you have a small fort to defend when they challenge to take it back. All good fun. :D

DeletedUser

I'm dissapointed I fell asleep now. I was in the defence at JJB, but it was 04:38am here when the battle started, and I fell asleep sometime between 03:30 and 04:00 trying to stay up for it. I'm sure that had I been online I would have survived and earned some decent XP.

DeletedUser

LMAO-come off it Leona, seriously? You think SSF's goals in the 3 seperate attacks they've had on our forts that they had no intention or desire for winning? Give me a freaking break. That's the most rediculous crap I have ever heard.

Leona-you are an intelligent person, so don't play stupid any further with the:
The fort battles today weren't MPA fort battles. If they were you wouldn't have seen MPA town members fight on your side. If you look carefully you'll find several MPA town members fight on your side in the battles, Marcothy.
Total crap.

You knew there were attacks planned on SSF by us as of 5 days ago. You knew it was multiple forts, and you knew another town was casting one of the attacks.

If you have a beef with Galt's and you chose to side against us for it, it is what it is.

You have 3 options in a battle, neutral, for or against. So cut the [crap] and call a spade a spade.

As far as us sending you help, I never received word of it that you needed help. You can't expect help-when it wasn't asked for. And that goes for any of your fort battles.

Your actions define you, not the ifs, ands, or buts. You know better.

So we can't really take the credit you give us here. We are not power crazed with swelled heads in MPA so we don't want any credit we haven't deserved.
You made up 40+% of their force and you had the majority present. Without you, they were outnumbered considerably. BTW-you had 44 present, SSF had 26. I gave the credit where credit was due based off of who was there.

Oh yea, and the 6 people who fought on our side of it. You are so right, the MPA was not heavy handed in who their aid went to.

As a number freak, I think you would know the numbers better.

That also speaks volume to us in the Odd towns to see this, this makes us even more convinced that we took the right side, again we are odd, we believe in that old word, that one about the friend of our enemy is our enemy and the enemy of our enemy is our friend. Again, that's us, we help those who are our friends.
I think for someone who is a killer with words, would understand the implications of this statement. Unless it your intention to say publicly that Oddville/MPA is now enemies of Middleton.