The Church of the Glorious 42

• Thread starter Thomas Franklin
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Me neither.
The problem is, your church appeals to bright intelligent people,
but we bright intelligent people don't want to believe in something so abstract as a number.
I'll take it you are making silly jokes again, refering to yourself as both bright and intelligent. Rather humerous.

You were advertising Onion not too many pages ago.

Nice necro chummy.

DeletedUser14280

Alas, a miracle...or not.
I witnessed today that on world 8, my soldier has exactly 42 labor points for cutting wood.
Divine intervention? I know it'd be something I'd do.

DeletedUser

You have been blessed by 42, Celxius.

Take not the name of Our God in vain.

DeletedUser

42, noun, a number in the numerical order of numerals, the 42nd number in the order of numerals after zero, worshipped by people who live at home, cut themselves, and listen to Screamo, emo, and water dripping.

DeletedUser14280

42 (religion), noun
42, when it comes to religion, actually refers to "42 Godpower", the strength of an intelligent divine force.
The Church of the Glorious 42 isn't a real church; it's an idea created by Thomas Franklin to satirize the Church of the Onion and to use as an excuse to spead goodwill.

DeletedUser14280

John Rose (member), noun
A schoolyard bully in the West forums. Tends to warp the context of previous posts so that he can be insulting.
Since he doesn't believe in an afterlife, he doesn't give a damn about good and evil, so he's typically immoral and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Also, don't bother, I'll write the entry about myself later.

DeletedUser

John Rose (member), noun
A schoolyard bully in the West forums. Tends to warp the context of previous posts so that he can be insulting.
Since he doesn't believe in an afterlife, he doesn't give a damn about good and evil, so he's typically immoral and doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Also, don't bother, I'll write the entry about myself later.

Well done, you just wrote the single most ignorant post of the month!

Not only did you insult me and my morrals, but by your own reasoning you branded every atheist immoral!

DeletedUser14280

Point. But what's the point of being good if you can't recieve eternal reward for it?

DeletedUser

Point. But what's the point of being good if you can't recieve eternal reward for it?

What kind of good person acts good just because he wants a reward?
From an ethical standpoint I find that disgusting.

If you can't be a decent human beeing without a divine carrot or stick,
then you are one rotten individual.

DeletedUser14280

I'm really disappointed in you, Rose.
You're smart, you're intelligent, we can all see that.
But all you use your brain for is insulting other people and opposing their statements.

So what if I'm wrong about things? This isn't a place to face challenges, it's a place to have friendly chatter.
But you ruin it all with your arrogance. You're pathetic. Get out of this forum.

DeletedUser

I'm really disappointed in you, Rose.
In case this wasn't already clear:
I don't care how you feel about me.

You're smart, you're intelligent, we can all see that.
But all you use your brain for is insulting other people and opposing their statements.
I'll use my wit and intelligence in any way I like, and it is not your place to impose upon me how I should use it.
Using generalizations as that doesn't exactly put you in a brigher light either,
in fact your continius use of gross generalizations is what keeps making you look even worse than the initial bad first-impression.

So what if I'm wrong about things? This isn't a place to face challenges, it's a place to have friendly chatter.
Yes, let's not discuss anything, let's not express disagreement with inane posts,
let's just smile, nod, and accept all the stupidity in the world.
That's a brilliant lesson for life.

But you ruin it all with your arrogance. You're pathetic. Get out of this forum.
Cry me a river forum-knight.
If you use that pea located in your skull for just a split-second you'll realize all this rubish you post here
can easily be flipped around with the exact same lack of impact and eloquence.

DeletedUser14280

And you're doing it again, using your head to be a jackass.
I don't give a damn for what you have to say anymore.
Bye-bye, shove off, bon voyage, why are you still here?