The 2 Most important Skill for a Dueler?

DeletedUser

I think it depends on what kind of weapon you end up with. If you happen to find a really rare and nice gun. Then you should be long range. If you find a nice sword, then be meele.

DeletedUser

I think it depends on what kind of weapon you end up with. If you happen to find a really rare and nice gun. Then you should be long range. If you find a nice sword, then be meele.

So based on that fact melee wins currently then as it has the best weapon possible

DeletedUser

So based on that fact melee wins currently then as it has the best weapon possible

But you're forgetting that there are MORE clothing items, shoes etc that give bonus points to shooting.

DeletedUser

I wish those clothing items were easy to find or affordable to buy :)

DeletedUser

but if u range dueler u can realy fast go to coma

DeletedUser

A lot of opinions are being thrown around.
One in particular I want to reply to is the person who said that if you are a builder and of course you pump points into strength for building that will have high vigor and will be able to hit back.
I'd like to tell you that you are WRONG.
You need aim, still. You may think aim is only for fire-arm duelers, well you are wrong again.
Without aim, you will hardly hit much.

DeletedUser

A lot of opinions are being thrown around.
One in particular I want to reply to is the person who said that if you are a builder and of course you pump points into strength for building that will have high vigor and will be able to hit back.
I'd like to tell you that you are WRONG.
You need aim, still. You may think aim is only for fire-arm duelers, well you are wrong again.
Without aim, you will hardly hit much.

Considering that part of this is a misrepresentation of my words, I will respond. I said that builders will pour most of their attributes into strength which is true. I probably didn't fully make the point that I meant to in that regard. I believe that a builder should carry a me lee weapon which is to their benefit, but they can defend as well. I was not saying that they could hit back, but rather how they should defend. A builder is in no way a viable dueler. Trust me I know that you need aim and dodging, but a builder will defend better with a me lee weapon against a person with a me lee weapon.

DeletedUser

Amayama,my dear friend
you have your point dang straight ...i was sure u need some help here
agreed in 100% on that point

:D

Anyway this debate is one of the ancients question on this board,The most 2 important skill for a dueler?
Hold your horses ppl..before asking that question you should ask your self what kind of game and role in it you want /suits you the most!!!.
You can live by your gun and decide to be pure dueler,no mixed mutation,just shooting and raiding...
Here you can become a soldier and practice on being a front line of def arms in your town and protect the workers(from duelers mostly) .Most likely after being a poor shooter you will decide to make an worker in flesh ,but dueler in soul ,by using adventurer.i know few very skilled duelers souls hide in them...:bandit:

All this before you decided if you want to be attacker or defender,then choose your favorite weapon ...and here you go..from here it is another story.

One thing is sure duelers dont run in public and reveal all their tactics . Most of them learned it all by them self,i think so .

I will not discover new continents when i will say Appearance is most important for active attacking player.This is in the guides:appearance have a bonus of intimidating {!!!} ,therefor you can focus on aiming for better hitting or shooting for more damage,all this while ignore the reflex or toughness ,tactic and HP .Main reason why most of duelers prefer to shot instead of bloody fights!Important to remember your best def tactic will be in this case sleeping in hotels , some ppl leave their town and call it the safest way to keep your cash on you,i dont like it!

Tactic is the mother of all defenders and their strategies .With high dodging, high level tactic players almost untouchable for attackers,challengers can scratch them ,but hard to KD . Soldiers in this case have HP bonus and 3 lvl early use of weapon...good bonus.
From here Soldiers and other great tactic mind will specialize on defending from one main weapon , second weapon bonus will come from kits and items,is the common use so far.

Adventurer that say they are duelers ,are kings of mixing skills and they have the cash to use the shaman for changing it as they want.I noticed adventurers have very low motivation to duel in real,most of them keep half of dueling scores than duelers and soldiers.Only few make their way by farming from duels.they prefer to work a lil and make more exp and cash..greedy duelers..lol..

In some way i dont agree that dueler char is the worst.
In long range view on far future some of the bonuses are great;
First the 20% for dueling motivation bar will make a huge distance between pure active duelers and other mixed monsters.Just think about it again when you reach very very high level,it makes almost 30 more duels maxed EXP and cash each month.
The bonus for the cash is great as well ,many works in late point give u MORE than 200$ for 2 hours only.dueler can win here ,in one fight between 80-100 $!!! Again in the end of the month it makes huge amount of cash.It just what you like the most .. every one should have his own opinion..that why The west is so cool.

For the last we all should agree ;builders are the worst duelers ever not duelers :nowink:
My advice: Always Aim at Indians and Mexicans your first shot.The church and praying dont work for them...joke
w00t w00t

DeletedUser

I will give you one reason why melee is better. Everyone thinks that shooter is better and prepare themselves against shoters by putting skill points to reflexes, but not to toughness. And then they are defenceless against you.

DeletedUser

I'd have to give the edge in dueling also to vigor duelers... I have many duelers in many worlds and I know from experience... There might be better clothes for shooters, but it still isn't enough.

DeletedUser

I will give you one reason why melee is better.

James Bond and Al Capone use guns...okay there was the one great scene in The Untouchables with the baseball bat...

Of course in The Untouchables, Sean Connery had the line about "bringing a knife to a gunfight".

DeletedUser

I prefer appearance. A pure appearance dueler can switch to either firearm or melee weapons. But of course, there are trade-offs to that.

To be a good (or at least a decent pure appearance dueler), the player has to have at least the items needed to boost his preferred weapons. If the player decides to use a firearm, he should use items that boost his shooting. If the player decides to use a melee weapon, he should use items that boost his vigor. Either way, a pure appearance dueler is flexible, making him adjust his weapon and items of choice depending on the target.

Only problem is, there aren't enough good items to boost either vigor or shooting early on in the game, which is a big bugger. Quite difficult, I presume (and as far as I have experienced) to begin the World with this type of strategy.

But I'm hanging on to being a pure appearance dueler. I want to see how things will turn-out later on in the game.

DeletedUser

I prefer appearance. A pure appearance dueler can switch to either firearm or melee weapons. But of course, there are trade-offs to that.

To be a good (or at least a decent pure appearance dueler), the player has to have at least the items needed to boost his preferred weapons. If the player decides to use a firearm, he should use items that boost his shooting. If the player decides to use a melee weapon, he should use items that boost his vigor. Either way, a pure appearance dueler is flexible, making him adjust his weapon and items of choice depending on the target.

Only problem is, there aren't enough good items to boost either vigor or shooting early on in the game, which is a big bugger. Quite difficult, I presume (and as far as I have experienced) to begin the World with this type of strategy.

But I'm hanging on to being a pure appearance dueler. I want to see how things will turn-out later on in the game.

And what if you're attacked? Your appearance doesn't help you at that time...

I prefer aiming and vigor/shooting, and some skillpoints in tactics, comes in handy as soldier :)

DeletedUser

Like I've seen stated before, I think the best tactic is to sleep in a hotel before logging out. If you are an adventurer, that means you can sleep in any hotel and not worry about money but if you are a dueler or a soldier, you can either spend the money and stay close to where you are or go back home and sleep in yours for free. I haven't had much experience as a dueler but I've noticed so far that I get hit quite a bit by adventurers and other duelers (Too smart to know not to attack a soldier) but never enough to kill me before I need to sleep in a hotel.

DeletedUser

You can attack a soldier. Just make sure your aim is above 35 points this early in the game and you need a good weapon.

DeletedUser

And what if you're attacked? Your appearance doesn't help you at that time...

I prefer aiming and vigor/shooting, and some skillpoints in tactics, comes in handy as soldier :)

Don't give a friggin damn if I'm attacked. I chose to become a dueler, which explains why I'm more into offense or initiating duels rather than defending. If I preferred more of the defensive side, then I ought to have chosen the soldier class.

DeletedUser

Melee best

Hi, I disagree with it being accepted that firearms are better, I am a dueler on World II and myself and another Melee user are the top two duelers on that world.

DeletedUser

I reckon your choice between vigor and shooting really depends on who you are dueling.

If dueling "pure builders" they have pumped all their stats into strength - they get a good toughness bonus. On the other side of the coin, they normally have next to no defense against guns.

Soldiers, Adventurers and Duelers tend to have a better spread and while they often do have some points in toughness, they are normally better equiped to dodge a bullet.

The same goes for the which two skills are best and whether the bonuses of the dueling class are worth it. It totally depends on how you play eg. If you do nothing but duel the cash bonus can really add up especially if you hit say $100 in a duel. On the other hand, if you play as a "revenge" dueler then that little bit in the pocket is probably not worth it.

Hope this helps :)