The 2 Most important Skill for a Dueler?

DeletedUser

I'm new to this game. I need your opinions on the 2 most important skill for a Dueler class character. I know other skills are important such as "Dodge," but which 2 are the most important?

Is it Aim and Shooting?

DeletedUser

It is generally accepted that firearms are the superior weapon for duelers, so the two most important would be shooting and dodging, followed by aiming. Shooting insures that you deal good damage and dodging covers all bases to some degree - a high dodging skill is better than a small smattering of points in appearance, tactics, reflex, and toughness, for example. The problem with picking just two is that if you pick shooting, you deal good damage but a lack of aim means you don't hit very often, while if you focus on aim instead, you hit often but don't deal very good damage.

As a side note, I would consider choosing another class besides dueler, even if you want to focus on dueling. The bonuses really are not all that great; the increased speed can be replicated by a better steed, the dueling momentum increase is really insignificant (if I recall, it does not even add up to one extra duel per day) and the extra 10% cash is kind of pointless too. I would suggest an adventurer simply because they will be able to make the most money quickly, thereby quickly offsetting the loss in movement speed and 10% extra dueling income, and have the advantage of being able to use lvl 2 hotels anywhere for free, which is a great dueling asset, especially since a dueler won't want to be carrying around a bunch of cash to pay for hotels far away since you will most likely get dueled often yourself.

Oh, and stay clear of soldiers, they have a really good defensive bonus and weapon advantage that will make it hard to duel them unless you are really well equipped / skilled.

Good luck.
-Altsoba

DeletedUser

Thanks for your opinion. Would a good soldier defeat a good Dueler class character?

DeletedUser

Thanks for your opinion. Would a good soldier defeat a good Dueler class character?

The soldier's advantages are a higher weapon level ability and better skill when challenged. The skill boost doesn't apply when the soldier is the challenger, so that doesn't help him be a better dueler while on offense. It would make him pretty tough to fight back against, though....

DeletedUser

I think 2 most important is aim and dodge
But I didn't raise aim and dodge so much :p

hmmm..
Vigor would be a great choice!!
dueler or soldier with vigor as their main stat is the richest!!
could buy the most expensive equipment with ease
could deal high damage to other player
But frankly, I havent play this build in previous server yet
(maybe in this server I will) :eek:

DeletedUser

Vigor is the real muscle power of your character and is needed when something has to be pushed or hit. Vigor raises the damage you do with a melee weapon in a duel.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't vigor meant for hand held weapons such as swords and not guns.

DeletedUser

Correct, vigor affects melee damage, shooting affects firearms damage. And soldiers are great defensive duelers, but only if you pump up your tactics skill, if your tactics is low the bonus is worthless. If you want to be the one challenging people, I would still recommend an adventurer just because the extra chances to find items on jobs more than makes up for the 10% extra cash from dueling that duelers get, and the ability to sleep in any hotel up to lvl 2 for free is really handy for dueling.

DeletedUser

Here's a little quote that seems to be overlooked by people when talking about the dueling character set.

"Each player received a bonus of five to it's attack value. A player with the dueling premium account receives a bonus of ten.

Defense skill

The defense skill is decided by your dodging skill

Additionally each player receives a bonus of 5 to it's defense value. A player with the dueling premium account receives a bonus of ten."

So its not as bad as it first seems. The wording is really really bad, but I think only duelers receive a bonus of 5, not everyone, and then when you have dueling premium that bonus shoots up to 10.

For my style the most important skills are vigor, aim and dodge.

DeletedUser

Dueling premium no longer exists, so everyone gets the +5, unless that as well was removed.

DeletedUser

Oh, well if thats the case then the dueling character set really isn't that great. You probably are better off choosing adventurer or soldier.

Its kind of silly really - very silly actually. Perhaps the benefits of picking the dueling class should be reassessed.

DeletedUser

I completely agree, I duel in all worlds and the "Dueler" i have is the worst... the Soldier is the best i've got presently...

DeletedUser

it all depends on how you look at things. i got a friend who has a really high appearance, and a decent aim and shooting, but almost no dodging or reflexes. he is still a good dueler because of the damage he can inflict.
i have a more even spread, and have aim and shooting as my highest skills. but i keep my appearance and tactics at a decent level, and dodging and reflexes higher, so that i can defend better. i can also inflict good damage, but my lower appearance holds me back.

basically, there are no more important skills. if you focus entirely on two skills, and ignore the others, you will fail because of your lower stats. the only way focusing could possibly work is if you focus entirely on aim, shooting, and appearance. if you focus enough, you'll knock people out before they can inflict too much damage.

DeletedUser

You will want a good balance of Toughness and Dodge. Toughness helps protect you from melee attacks and Dodge helps protect you from fire-arm attacks. If you are going to be a melee dueler, then you will want to have a good balance of Aim and Vigor.
Same goes for fire-arms, only, you want Aim and Shooting.
If you want to be more of a defensive dueler, you will want high tactics and appearance.
It depends on what you wanna be.

DeletedUser

Dont forget melee soldiers are also good due to the hit point bonus they get

DeletedUser

I've read some noobish posts aound here, no offence guys. For example: melee soldiers are good due to the hp bonus. What? Soldiers get the hp bonus no matter what weapon they have, melee or fire-arm. Next: dodge helps you protect from firearms. Well my friend you should read the game's help because dodge helps you protect against melee weapons too :)
Anyway, back on topic. Dueler is worthless, his bonuses are crap. The soldier is by far the best character for duels, his bonus for tactic (when he's being attacked only) do matter in a duel + hp bonus + the lower by 3 lvls for a weapon. But it's not like someone said around here, that the soldier should have lots of points in tactics to matter in a duel ... I have a friend that has around 90 at tactics (bonus included) and still he gets hit a lot by guys who don't have that much appearance.
So, in conclusion, the 2 most important are aim (makes you hit the target often) and dodging (makes you dodge most of the 8 attacks). That doesn't mean you should neglect the other skills :)

DeletedUser

I've read some noobish posts aound here, no offence guys. For example: melee soldiers are good due to the hp bonus. What? Soldiers get the hp bonus no matter what weapon they have, melee or fire-arm. Next: dodge helps you protect from firearms. Well my friend you should read the game's help because dodge helps you protect against melee weapons too :)
Anyway, back on topic. Dueler is worthless, his bonuses are crap. The soldier is by far the best character for duels, his bonus for tactic (when he's being attacked only) do matter in a duel + hp bonus + the lower by 3 lvls for a weapon. But it's not like someone said around here, that the soldier should have lots of points in tactics to matter in a duel ... I have a friend that has around 90 at tactics (bonus included) and still he gets hit a lot by guys who don't have that much appearance.
So, in conclusion, the 2 most important are aim (makes you hit the target often) and dodging (makes you dodge most of the 8 attacks). That doesn't mean you should neglect the other skills :)
Don't be calling my class crap. Do you want me to make you crap? I think not..

DeletedUser

pancho i think what azuk was getting at with the melee soldier was that some att will go to strength which increases toughness vigor and hp and since he gets the hp bonus it is more helpful

DeletedUser

Here's my view on the subject of dueling:
If you're a builder, chances are you are going to put all attributes into strength... so they will end up using a me lee weapon and defend well against the same. I think that it is wrong to attack builders unless they are at least 10 levels higher then you, but that's a question of ethics.
If you plan to be a dueler, don't... go with the adventurer instead. I made that mistake on two worlds. The class bonus says that dueling motivation rises 20% faster not 20% per day which means that all you get is an extra 2% motivation per day which is not even half a duel per day. Honestly since most people do favor the shooting weapons, building your reflex wouldn't be bad and let's face it, you can't seem to get rid of all those items with toughness bonuses. As far as offensively split it between aim and your weapon choice and go with adventurer. I think that the soldier and dueler are relatively useless, but that's just me...

DeletedUser

If your friend is getting hit alot then as a soldier then they have not properly balanced their skills.

BTW you are the one posting noobish comments.

If you can't work out that a melee soldier gets an uber HP bonus if you pump points into strength then there is no help for you at all.