Tents

DeletedUser

hmmmmm then why not give the feature of ambush while there sleeping...
cause there not in a town or anything completely wide open to attack?
you should be able to buy it like for 1500, maybe constution skill requierd?
it would go were the animals go yes no?

DeletedUser

These are nice ideas, but why not just plan your town stops?

When back in the 1800's and I was a younger man =)
I never pitched the tent. Always under the stars.

If I pitched my tent I may aswell have shouted at the top of my voice,
I HAVE MONEY, COME ROB ME!

NO, I only pitched tents when in convoy, and miles from the nearest town.

However...
My regulators and I often constructed small hunting cabins in the mountains.

Only we knew of their location, and they where well hidden.
They offered minimal rest, and served us well whilst we where tending the lands.

In reference to the thread "baccy don't grow here"
it was suggested we have certain resources for certain areas.

Having a hunting lodge near the main area for a particular resource,
is how my crew and I dealt with the vast travel.

ANIMALS? I used to use a hunting bird to locate a good spot for a lodge.
Location... Mountains and forests.
Marked on the map for my town only.

If a player looses a duel, maybe he reveals locations of lodges.

As always, open for a slating =D

DeletedUser

These are nice ideas, but why not just plan your town stops?

When back in the 1800's and I was a younger man =)
I never pitched the tent. Always under the stars.

If I pitched my tent I may aswell have shouted at the top of my voice,
I HAVE MONEY, COME ROB ME!

NO, I only pitched tents when in convoy, and miles from the nearest town.

However...
My regulators and I often constructed small hunting cabins in the mountains.

Only we knew of their location, and they where well hidden.
They offered minimal rest, and served us well whilst we where tending the lands.

In reference to the thread "baccy don't grow here"
it was suggested we have certain resources for certain areas.

Having a hunting lodge near the main area for a particular resource,
is how my crew and I dealt with the vast travel.

ANIMALS? I used to use a hunting bird to locate a good spot for a lodge.
Location... Mountains and forests.
Marked on the map for my town only.

If a player looses a duel, maybe he reveals locations of lodges.

As always, open for a slating =D

nice man i am glad you took the time to wright that

DeletedUser

I believe tents would be very useful. There is the fact that the closest town with a hotel is about a few hours away.

DeletedUser1105

I'm sure that's what the admin wants, a mailbox full of tent begging letters, haha :)

I do like the tent idea though.

DeletedUser

thats why i made the poll forums to accualy get a count of people who like it

DeletedUser

Don't you think that the possiblity exists that the reason there are no tents is because the Dev's wanted to make it hard for anyone to found a town out in the middle of no-where and then dominate that area as others begin to settle nearby?

As of right now, the fastest way to build a town is by having another town as close as possible. It would seem to me that this is a purposefully instituted facet of this game, no?;)

DeletedUser

thats why i made the poll forums to accualy get a count of people who like it

Then why don't you just create a new "tent" Poll thread, instead of just of a poll about using polls? Stupid, Pointless and Annoying

WAIT!! Before you run off and create a new Poll on tents -- I suggest you do your homework and review the entirety of this thread and post all the pros and cons of Tent usage and paste them into the "new" thread....

DeletedUser

Don't you think that the possiblity exists that the reason there are no tents is because the Dev's wanted to make it hard for anyone to found a town out in the middle of no-where and then dominate that area as others begin to settle nearby?

As of right now, the fastest way to build a town is by having another town as close as possible. It would seem to me that this is a purposefully instituted facet of this game, no?;)

yes, possibly but the usage of tents would only grant the char 20 pts for a 5 hr rest / sleep and at risk of being mauled by a bear, or a bandit stealing an item, or some ignun scalping you while you sleep...

As opposed to the 3 pts per hr "do nothing" regain... You'd get a small bns of 5 energy points during the same 4 hr rest period....

Imbalanced? I think not...

DeletedUser

They did in fact use tents. But what I saying is every one would own a tent, and then in reality hotels wouldn't have much of a purpose. This is why I propose certain mounts, could have caves and not every mountain would have one. Meanwhile, certain forts would allow you to rest their. Possibly it could be a new feature added to new worlds later on.

DeletedUser

personally I like Gold Disks idea better than the tents. make a few free places that exist, also since they aren't a hotel don't make it give much. the hotel you get 8 energy an hour (5 extra) for the lowest level. Just make the mountain or ground in a fort give like 5 or 6 an hour, so 2-3 extra still making hotels more useful :)

DeletedUser

Tents are more practical - why search for 30 minutes and then take a 3 HR hike just to sleep in a cave (only to find it chalk full of other "free-loaders")

Forts are doable as NPC controlled "way-stations"

DeletedUser

As I said, every one would own a tent. And later in the game with more towns with hotels, no one would use them.

And for the fort idea, maybe it would cost a bit, of course the cost could rise, or eventually it could just close for resting.

Caves would be a good idea, because as it is, many of the towns with hotels are pretty far away from some players.

Of course, this topic isn't about Caves or or forts. It's only about tents. So I suppose just tents should be discussed here, mean while the cave and fort idea in the topic about that.